IGNORED

Claim Your Achievements Here!

iacas

Hello,

I recently broke 80 a few times in the Torrey Pines North course. Can you please update my awards in my signature to reflect 'Breaking 80'? Thanks!

• Thumbs Up 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
On 5/24/2021 at 11:19 PM, longdrive23 said:

Hello,

I recently broke 80 a few times in the Torrey Pines North course. Can you please update my awards in my signature to reflect 'Breaking 80'? Thanks!

All set! Congrats!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On my birthday last year, I shot +1, 73, on my home course. Would last year's score be acceptable for a break 80 award? If not, no prob.

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Billy Z said:

On my birthday last year, I shot +1, 73, on my home course. Would last year's score be acceptable for a break 80 award? If not, no prob.

Yep, if you want to claim it.

Generally if you play super forward tees or something like an executive course, people won't take it. It's on the honor system.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I have shot in the mid-to-upper 70s several times on various courses over the last few years, but this one stands out as my best round. I was on target all day long and shot 73. It's not the most difficult course I have played , but I'll take it, thank you

Plumbrook GC, Mi

White  6049  67.3   119

• Thumbs Up 1

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

1 hour ago, Billy Z said:

I have shot in the mid-to-upper 70s several times on various courses over the last few years, but this one stands out as my best round. I was on target all day long and shot 73. It's not the most difficult course I have played , but I'll take it, thank you

Plumbrook GC, Mi

White  6049  67.3   119

I played Plumbrook a few times as a teenager, with my Dad, an uncle, and my grandfather.  Back then the course was WAY out in the boonies.  But I never shot 73, well done!

• Thumbs Up 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Billy Z said:

Plumbrook GC, Mi

White  6049  67.3   119

Congrats.

• 2 weeks later...

Today I shot an 87 at North Kingstown Golf Course, breaking 90 for the first time since returning to the game in 2019! Although I only had one GIR, I had 8 nGIRs and took only 29 putts....a personal best.

Having purchased and read LSW cover to cover (some sections multiple times) definitely helped in this regard, including learning to launch my Driver higher and making better approach shots. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

• Administrator
16 hours ago, Bob M said:

Today I shot an 87 at North Kingstown Golf Course, breaking 90 for the first time since returning to the game in 2019! Although I only had one GIR, I had 8 nGIRs and took only 29 putts....a personal best.

Having purchased and read LSW cover to cover (some sections multiple times) definitely helped in this regard, including learning to launch my Driver higher and making better approach shots. 

Congrats and thank you!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I broke 90 with an 89 at Oak Run golf course in Dahinda, IL. I'll update on the goals thread and next up is breaking 85.

Thank you!

• Like 1

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: XR-16 Driver 10.5° :callaway: Epic Flash 3W, Big Bertha Steelhead 5W

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

Broke 80 today, shot a 79 at Sydney Marovitz Golf Club in Chicago. Smooth 39 on front nine and started leaking a little oil toward the end. Had a 10 foot downhill birdie putt on 18, and I didn't want to be the golfer who babied it to the 18th hole - so I rolled it 4 ft past and lipped out the par putt for an ugly ending 40. Still overall it was a 79 and I'm thrilled!!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just an older guy with 7 or 8  clubs and a MacKenzie Walker bag

@iacas do I need to do anything further to earn the breaking 80 badge. Thanks, Bob

Just an older guy with 7 or 8  clubs and a MacKenzie Walker bag

Broke 90 today (from the white tees) with an 88.   Most consistent round ever...now to turn the 5's to 4's and the 6's to 5's....

image.thumb.png.bc08be271d194d0f1ee58b7f5b7736e6.png

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

I Broke 100 today, shot a 96 (49-47).  Took longer than I had hoped but since I have only played a few full 18 holes rounds this year I will not complain.  Now I need to do this more consistently.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Broke 90 for second time today with an 87.  Makes for two rounds in a row in the 80's.  @iacas - Erik, what do I need to do in addition to notifying this page?  Thanks,  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

13 hours ago, gjunkie57 said:

Shot 79 today! Everything was clicking.  A couple of blow ups but got back on track

D117EDD0-BBC5-4ADD-BB8A-155E80F17369.jpeg

May I get my 80 badge now? Thanks.  

• 2 weeks later...

My current "tournament winner" badge says "2015 Club's Match Play champion" -- can I update that to "2015 Club's Match Play Flight champion;  2021 Club's championship flight champion"?  Not sure if there's a word limit.  I don't want to include all the one-day tournaments, but winning two of my club's three is pretty cool.  However, the 2015 match play is what the initial badge is for.   Totally cool if the answer is no. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter.