IGNORED

Why did u join a golf forum?

stealthhwk
Note: This thread is 2949 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Had an instructor who suggested a forum many years ago ... much to my regret, except for TST where the instruction is excellent.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I stumbled across the site when googling for golf forums a couple years back. I lurked for a week or two. Eventually, there was a topic that I wanted to weigh in on, so I created a login and joined. I hung around long enough to participate in a TST outing, where I met a bunch of great guys and the rest is history.

I joined for the intelligent instruction, lurked for a while, enjoyed the discussions and rhetoric.

:beer:

Brian   

Starting golf later than others at 32, I felt a lil behind the 8 ball.  I joined to get good information so that I could play well enough to play any course whether for business or leisure.  Having pretty much achieved that, only losing a couple of balls around tops.  I now want to get better and see how good I can truly be.  I enjoy this forum because it's given me hope that I to can improve past my expectations. It's neat finding old threads that have people posting about abilities or handicap woes, and you can see their current handicap which is single digit.  

I joined BombSquad Golf and Golfwrx for the tour pro's WITB and "inside the ropes" pictures. Haven't been on BSG in a long time, wasn't even sure if they were still around. I check in with wrx every once in a while but never visit the instruction forum, it's just horrible. People are extremely rude to each other and it's just a bunch of "noise".

I actually came across TST because of a Bobby Jones review (I think it was for the fairway wood?) and joined soon after because of the connection with Golf Evolution.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Because when I started in 2012 like everything I do I was crackhead addicted. I wanted to golf, talk golf, dream golf...I still like it but not at the loony addicted level these days. It's more chasing better scores. In fact I just hired a new instructor and when he asked me what my goals are I told him improve significantly or quit.

Dave :-)

I joined because TST because it appeared the instruction everyone provided seemed to be very helpful.  In my town we only have one PGA instructor and I do not always have the time to get to see him.  When work slows down in the next month or so I plan to make a swing thread.  So I hope to make some online friends like I have on the college football forums that I am apart of.

I stumbled upon this forum when I was looking for the answer to a question I had about the golf swing.   I stayed because I like to talk about golf and my golfing buddies are not really what I would call "students of the game." 

And I would add, it's already been beneficial to me.   I've got firm opinions, but I like to keep an open mind, and I've changed my mind about some things, most notably, what my path should be to improve my scores.  

• 4 weeks later...

Entertainment and to learn.

Driver: Nike SasQuatch 460 Tour Graphite
Irons: Titleist CB 712 Dynamic Gold
Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX Black Pearl Steel Wedge 50° and 54°, Cleveland 588 RTG 60°
Putter: Nike Method Matter M4-12

Because I live eat and breathe golf and its winter time.. I need some sort of golf activity to make it though the winter.. There are some egos and attitudes on here.. but alot of like minded people also.

When I first took up the game, I was a sponge, absorbing information from anywhere and everywhere I could. I came upon TST while looking up equipment reviews and found the instruction was really good so I lurked for a while. I'm not really sure when or why I decided to register tbh because I'm not really a sharer but whatever the reason, I'm glad I did it.

I'm a registered member on a few other forums of my various hobbies, but TST is the only one I've really posted on. I do a lot of my learning simply from reading and not getting involved in the discussion (even here still) but I've made some pretty good friends here so I keep coming back.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Similarly, I don't have too many peers who golf. I can't talk about it with many people. On top of that, I was looking into buying my first set of clubs in over a decade and restarting my play after 6-8 years off, so I wanted some advice and intelligence on things going in.

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 8:55 AM, RussUK said:

As soon as i mention golf to my wife, she gets that faraway look in her eyes before changing the subject. Nothing worse than hearing "thats nice dear" :-)

Join the club, pal. 

I bring football, golf or even work related topics up with my wife now, and she gets that same look in her eyes that you speak of.  Must have something to do with being 20 plus years married. 

I joined a golf forum because I love the topic of Golf. 

Golf is perhaps the best sport to play.  Hitting an iron 180 plus yards within 10 feet of the pin has to be one the greatest feelings.....just wish I could do it more often. 

Edited by The Slapper

I've joined golf forums, including this one, initially based on my interest in golf courses and golf travel.  I'm involved with rules and handicaps and competitions at my home club, and I participate in those forums here.  I also like to talk about "playing golf", the fun of it, the mental challenge of it, the competition.   I'm not greatly into golf swing instruction or equipment, which seems to make me a bit of a rarity.  The reason I've STAYED with TST is the is the friendliness and respect of almost everyone who posts here, as well as the appropriate level of moderation.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

2 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

I've joined golf forums, including this one, initially based on my interest in golf courses and golf travel.  I'm involved with rules and handicaps and competitions at my home club, and I participate in those forums here.  I also like to talk about "playing golf", the fun of it, the mental challenge of it, the competition.   I'm not greatly into golf swing instruction or equipment, which seems to make me a bit of a rarity.  The reason I've STAYED with TST is the is the friendliness and respect of almost everyone who posts here, as well as the appropriate level of moderation.

You and I have a similar outlook.  Although I'm not directly involved with rules and Men's Club management now, I have been in the past, and that and playing golf are still my main interests.  I'm not an equipment ho, nor am I rally looking to get better any more.  I'm old enough that I'm just thankful for each day that I get to play, and I'm looking forward to getting on with the new season, both for the competition and for the fun.  Participating in discussions on the topics that interest me here is just part of the enjoyment.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

On Thursday, February 04, 2016 at 8:32 AM, cipher said:

To learn as much as I could about the game, and this is by far the best place around for that.

This^^ 

Note: This thread is 2949 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!