IGNORED

My Swing (Diego Verbeke)

Diego Verbeke
Note: This thread is 1496 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

(edited)

Took a lesson today, pro pointed out that i should rotate my shoulders more starting my backswing. Like most of you suggested. Results, more stability, consistency, great!

Edited by Diego Verbeke
Formattig

• Administrator

Glad to hear it. Looking good!

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 months later...
34 minutes ago, Diego Verbeke said:

Update

trying to get my club more on plane. Removing THE cupped position at top of backswing.

any remarks? Ideas?

I would worry less about the cupped wrist and concentrate more on Key 3. You are flipping at impact. Below are a couple of videos that may help.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

14 hours ago, Diego Verbeke said:

Ah i see, particularly this image. 

image.png

Yes! Practice slowly. Get used to the impact positions in the video I attached and swing at 1/4, 1/2 speed. Think of the sensation of hitting through the ball and not trying to scoop the ball into the air. Let the club do the work!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• 2 weeks later...

i got a feeling that much of that flipping is due to backswing faults ie, dropping my head, left knee going forward instead of right. And then sliding way forward. Instead of turning.

Still need to get my upperbody a bit more over the ball. Instead of leaning back. 

• 2 years later...
(edited)

I've been Playing Golf for: 5 years :)
My current handicap index or average score is:11.7
My typical ball flight is: Draw, too much
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Low flying shots, pull/hooks

Thx in advance trappers.

Videos: 

FO view

DTL view

Some of my averages on trackman look like

Averages.png

Edited by Diego Verbeke

• 1 year later...
(edited)

Damn hurts seeing my swing was better I feel 4 years ago. But then I did took a big chunk off my handicap in these past years so 🙃 playing off 11 now but struggling, still with coming across the line. Here goes...

Edited by Diego Verbeke
Video shenanigans

Note: This thread is 1496 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!