IGNORED

2016 TST Initiative: Forward Tees Tournament

iacas
Note: This thread is 2502 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
3 hours ago, cutchemist42 said:

Personally, do you play your rounds forward every once in a while?

If you're asking me, yes. I try to do it once a month or so. It's sometimes easier for me because I can play with @NatalieB.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

And FYI I see male golf coaches (whom I know are PGA teaching pros) of women's teams playing forward with their players if they are giving an on course group lesson.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

I've set up an event in our Mens Game to Play if forward in June.
We also will be "Playing it forward for Nick" as per the special which Bridgestone Golf.
www.chierafamilyfoundation.org

PLAY IT FORWARD WITH NICK’S GOLF BALLS & HELP KIDS AND YOUNG ADULTS BATTLING CANCER  

Each year, more than 15,000 children and young adults are diagnosed with cancer. Now, by PLAYING IT FORWARD, you can make a difference.  N.I.C.K. stands for Nothing Is Impossible for Cancer Kids. The acronym is a tribute to Nicholas Chiera, who passed away from cancer. By PLAYING IT FORWARD you will help:

Send Kids to a special summer camp

Teach kids how to play golf through The First Tee

Provide college scholarships to young adults

To PLAY IT FORWARD,

Purchase your dozen B330RX golf balls at www.chierafamilyfoundation.org

Drop ship them to your golfing buddies, family or friends or have them sent directly to you.

The Person who receives the dozen then has to PLAY IT FORWARD by sending a dozen to their friends and so on…..

Send a dozen as a gift, or order them to be delivered to you quarterly or monthly

Corporations and Country Clubs can purchase golf balls for their club or charity tournaments and add their logos on the opposite side

Win Bridgestone golf clubs, bags or accessories:

Once you receive your NICK’S Golf Balls, be sure to take a photo or video hitting them in the most unusual place. Use your imagination - strike a pose, do a trick shot with your golf team or take a photo with a famous person or golf professional. Post it using #Playitforward. The top photos and videos will be posted on the Chiera Family Foundation website and through social media and the winners will receive Bridgestone golf merchandise. Be sure to e-mail your photo or video to info@chierafamilyfoundation.org. For more information on our foundation or how to PLAY IT FORWARD, please visit www.chierafamilyfoundation.org
or call at 1-800-344-0545, ext. 21.

• Upvote 1

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

• 2 weeks later...

I can sponsor an event at my home course...and I think everyone playing off the shorter tees would be far more fun. I've even got an event name...."The Johnny Walker Classic"!....has a nice ring to it :-)

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Johnny1790 said:

I can sponsor an event at my home course...and I think everyone playing off the shorter tees would be far more fun. I've even got an event name...."The Johnny Walker Classic"!....has a nice ring to it :-)

Great! You get the badge when you have the event. Looking forward to hearing about it, and how well it goes!

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I am talking to one of my vendors to possibly sponsor the event.  I would like the proceeds to go to charity, but honestly am not really biased to the charity.  I am a sucker for a catchy name though.  

So far I am thinking Reds for Beds.  Benefiting the Red Cross Shelter.

Any other Ideas?

• Administrator
2 hours ago, sirhacksalot said:

I am talking to one of my vendors to possibly sponsor the event.  I would like the proceeds to go to charity, but honestly am not really biased to the charity.  I am a sucker for a catchy name though.  

So far I am thinking Reds for Beds.  Benefiting the Red Cross Shelter.

Any other Ideas?

I think you might make a pun out of either "Pay it Forward/Play it Forward" or "Tee it Up for Charity" (up being "forward" and "tee it up" as used normally).

• 3 weeks later...

How's this for helping out? To save the embarrassment for men playing on the red tees, my home course decided to paint the forward tees green. They're 5600 yds., and there's also a green/white course: green on the hard holes, white on the easy holes (5800 yds). We're seeing men starting to use the green tees - usually those who hit drives around 200 - 215 yds. and senior men. The course finally got serious about the "tee it forward." It happened when they got a new pro this year.

Julia

Spoiler

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 11:09 AM, sirhacksalot said:

Any other Ideas?

Bridgestone Golf has a program "PLAY IT FORWARD WITH NICK’S GOLF BALLS & HELP KIDS AND YOUNG ADULTS BATTLING CANCER"

The acronym is a tribute to Nicholas Chiera, who passed away from cancer. By PLAYING IT FORWARD you will help:

Send Kids to a special summer camp

Teach kids how to play golf through The First Tee

Provide college scholarships to young adults

To PLAY IT FORWARD,

Purchase your dozen B330RX golf balls at www.chierafamilyfoundation.org

13 hours ago, DrvFrShow said:

How's this for helping out? To save the embarrassment for men playing on the red tees, my home course decided to paint the forward tees green. They're 5600 yds., and there's also a green/white course: green on the hard holes, white on the easy holes (5800 yds). We're seeing men starting to use the green tees - usually those who hit drives around 200 - 215 yds. and senior men. The course finally got serious about the "tee it forward." It happened when they got a new pro this year.

5600 is still long for most senior tees on the course I play.They are usually in the 5100 to 5300 length. My league course has the senior tees ahead of the red tees, which are generally considered for women. I think you would play the white tees at my league course with the length you hit off the tee.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

7 hours ago, boogielicious said:

5600 is still long for most senior tees on the course I play.They are usually in the 5100 to 5300 length. My league course has the senior tees ahead of the red tees, which are generally considered for women. I think you would play the white tees at my league course with the length you hit off the tee.

I usually play courses that are 5400 to 5800 yds. Par 5s usually are Driver + 5 or 6 iron + GW. But Trevino said if I'm in thick rough, I should play a 6W (or nowadays it looks like a 5H) and hit down on it, unless my ball is sitting up. 

Julia

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

While not completely in the spirit of the OP, my friend and I played his Sister, and a couple of her gal pals, in an informal scramble at a local course. On the front nine we used the gold tees. We're both 63, and it's really where we should be playing from. On most holes we were a fair distance behind the ladies, but on a few holes we were only 7 to 10 yards behind. They started chirping about that, even though we were giving them 7 a side!

We finished the front nine tied, which tells me my buddy got the bet right. Because of the women complaining, we decided to play the back from the silver tees which, on this course, are the equivalent of the whites. The back nine is harder than the front anyway and proceeded to eat our lunch! Giving 7 we lost the match by 2 strokes and had to buy drinks. Ah, no big deal!

What I really want to say is that the front nine was so much fun putting for eagles and birdies again! This is an idea that deserves a lot of thought from the golfing community.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a taste of this in reverse yesterday. With my lack of distance I've been playing the golds most of this year and had to play the whites (standard men's) tees yesterday during a member/guest. It turned out ok, but I think I hit a few real awful ones by over-swinging on the tee.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday we played our tee it forward tourney (organised by Leon and me) on Scherpenbergh and we had a blast. 40 contestants. Halve of them played nett strokeplay, halve played Stableford. 

Winner was a guy with nett 74, but he played from scratch, so also bruto 74. There was one guy who needed to shoot 5 under to play his handicap. Two eagles were made and a lot of birdies (I made 4). We played in honour of Leon who lost both his lower legs last year because of an infection. It was his first full round after his illness and he was smiling all day long. We also had a prize for 'most beautifull legs' which was won by Leon. 

• Upvote 3

The Mens game at Winghaven "Played it Forward for Nick's Camp" Saturday, June 25th. With a strong field of 38 players.

Not only did everyone have a great time, our Event raised $1,200.00 for the Chiera Family Foundation.org

Nicks Golf 1.JPG

Inspired by @iacas of TST and Bridgestone Partnership - "Played it FORWARD with NICK’S GOLF BALLS & HELPED KID'S AND YOUNG ADULTS BATTLING CANCER"

Our Mens Game golf committee hosted our first event at the Men's forward tee's. It was an exciting day as the Eagles were flying and several players went really low resulting in a really close outcome. Golfing in a two-man, best net ball, the winning team scored a total of 22 under par and three teams tied for 2nd place at 21 under par. The two best gross rounds were a 63 & 64. There were several close "Ace's" on par 4's and 3's, with one shot ending only one inch short from going in on a par 3 at 97 yards.

The field had a total of 7 Eagles, was 67 under on the front and 81 under on the back.

Red Challenge.png

▪ Partnered with Bridgestone Golf, the N.I.C.K.'S Camp Golf Balls (Tour B330-RX) help kids & young adults who are battling cancer

▪ Every dozen balls purchased helps send cancer patients to Camp, College, and even The First Tee to learn how to play golf

▪ Join Clubs like TPC Sugarloaf & Winghaven Country Club, who have already used these at their charity events

▪ You can also co-brand the golf balls to include your logo

▪ 100% of all proceeds go towards helping kids - Losing Golf Balls never felt so good!

Andy.jpgChip.jpgPeter.jpgJared.jpgMatt.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

Dear Winghaven members, today is the third day of NICK’s CAMP 2016. As a result of your golf event, our foundation will help send 150 kids that are fighting cancer to summer camp. Your donations will also help send five young adults who have beaten cancer to college and teach 12 young cancer patients currently undergoing chemotherapy how to golf through The First Tee. Below please find photos of last Friday’s send- off where 50 kids battling cancer left for CAMP Boggy Creek.

Seeing the 50 kids leaving from Joe DiMaggio’s Children’s hospital is always a special treat. Parents are crying, and the kids are scared but super excited. Some are leaving their Mom and Dads for the very first time. Because of you and your club’s generosity, we are able to help make the summer special for 150 deserving kids. All proceeds from the sale of NICK’s CAMP golf balls go towards helping kids who are fighting this horrible disease.  We have already shipped out over 9 dozen balls already. I am going to send 6 dozen to the same address you gave me to send brochures. I am also sending you an assortment of golf shirts you can use as prizing for your contests. Three men’s shirts and two ladies shirts with the NICK’s CAMP logo on them.  Good luck with your event and thanks so much for Playing It Forward. Be sure to take lots of photos so we can post them. Know that each time you lose a ball, you are helping so many deserving kids. Special thanks to John for spearheading the idea and event.  For more information on our foundation and how you can have NICK’s CAMP golf balls sent to you on a regular basis, simply visit www.chierafamilyfoundation.org, then go to PLAY IT FORWARD.

Wishing you and everyone at Winghaven a wonderful summer,

Sincerely, Lou Chiera

Board Member/Trustee - Chiera Family Foundation

Friends on course on a great day for a great cause.... :beer:

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 27 juni 2016 at 8:22 AM, MacDutch said:

Yesterday we played our tee it forward tourney (organised by Leon and me) on Scherpenbergh and we had a blast. 40 contestants. Halve of them played nett strokeplay, halve played Stableford. 

Winner was a guy with nett 74, but he played from scratch, so also bruto 74. There was one guy who needed to shoot 5 under to play his handicap. Two eagles were made and a lot of birdies (I made 4). We played in honour of Leon who lost both his lower legs last year because of an infection. It was his first full round after his illness and he was smiling all day long. We also had a prize for 'most beautifull legs' which was won by Leon. 

That was me co-hosting! Had a great day on the course! Very fun way to play and amazing to be out on the course again.

I transformed one of my old prosthetic sockets into the cup we were playing for.image.jpeg

Edited by DutchLeon
  • Upvote 4

Note: This thread is 2502 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!