IGNORED

Golfer2223's Swing Theories

Golfer2223
Note: This thread is 2983 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

The forum has existed for over a decade and will continue on without you.

Goodbye.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 hours ago, Golfer2223 said:

If what you're saying is correct, that the speed is maximum before impact and measured then, then I am wrong about that. See I can admit when I'm wrong! That is the difference between us. I was under the impression some devices are placed after the ball that measure swing speed (not the modern launch monitors). Perhaps that is how these older devices worked. In any case, swing speed is fastest just prior to impact*  However it is still a fact that weight transfer is a part of gaining swing speed, and having more weight will increase the pull of the club and speed, all things being equal. Maybe it is only a few yards or so, but so what? I didn't say it's the only factor or the biggest factor. Why get offended over this statement which is true? Are we only allowed to talk about things that affect the shot more than 20 yards? I know for me gaining 10 pounds gave me about 5 yards more. Since I'm on the lighter side, it had more of an impact. It became easier for me to support the club without exerting myself. Maybe it's not a big deal to all people, but for lighter guys or gals, it can be. This is my problem with how you approach my points @iacas, you have to discount everything I say because you don't think it's that important. I'm sorry but if that's how you act on here, then please delete my entire account from your database.

I was wrong about when the fastest point in the swing is, is that going to hurt anyone? I am right that weight transfer impacts swing speed. More importantly this debate over Tiger Woods is a matter of opinion. You keep saying it is a matter of fact because it is on paper, well that is completely stone headed. How can the stats measure if the player had a better angle to the hole, or what the level of difficulty of the putts were? They can't. You know it, I know it, and everyone knows it. You want to believe one thing that's fine, I don't agree with you, and there is no right answer. I came on here to help golfers, which in a short time I have, but obviously this is not the place to do so. It is one thing to correct me if I'm absolutely wrong about something, like when the swing is at its fastest point. But to not only determine which of my points has enough importance to be relevant, and to tell me my opinion about Tiger is wrong and yours is fact, but to limit participation and my account because you don't agree is simply a violation of common practices. You can run this site like a fascist regime if you want, and leave me out of it. You are one of those most petty people I have ever encountered. I highly doubt people are going to get much help here if you control the flow of information this way, some of them may not know better, but some of them do. Good day.

If this was your intention, you have a poor way of communicating it. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

7 hours ago, Golfer2223 said:

Whatever if I am not deleted I will just help the member swings until then and not post anything for discusussion. 

Ah, using the term whatever. The word used by teenagers who know they are wrong but can't accept they are so they act dismissively .

This forum is a place to discuss golf ideas, to learn and to be part of an online golfing community. If you want to discuss ideas you need to actually be open to learning. There are a lot of smart people on this forum who know a lot more about golf than you do. That isn't a bad thing. It just means you have room to actually learn.

You will not learn with your attitude being one of a petulant teenager. Even before you stepped onto this forum you already decided to be stuck in your ways no matter what anybody says. 

You have no one to blame but yourself for the responses you are getting. In the end people are not going to bend away from actual facts no matter how hard you try to make a case for your side when it's wrong. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• iacas changed the title to Golfer2223's Misguided or Incorrect Swing Theories
  • Administrator

At the end of the day, sometimes stuff is just wrong and doesn’t need to be respected or considered. Not after countless attempts to respect and consider are made.

That's what we have here - a whole bunch of stuff that's just nonsense. I respond with proof, evidence, supporting ideas and links and images - and it gets ignored.

It's trolling, plain and simple. @Golfer2223 is unwilling to listen, read the points raised against him, or consider the truth and facts and math and physics behind any of what he is attempting to discuss. He cannot quote posts properly, and may not even really be reading them as he never addresses any of the points raised against him. Instead, he simply continues to say things and back them with things like "If you don't understand that you need to find a different game to analyze" and "anyone who knows golf knows this."

'Twas not fun while it lasted.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Golfer2223

I want to post about a stupid swing I make from time to time which I really want to make all the time.

Here is the scenario: After missing the green, I was standing about 40 yards away and took the pitching wedge out.  I thought, “… Make a 50% backswing, make clean contact, and don’t kill the ball”.  This repeated in my head as I made the swing.  The hit felt really good!  The ball flew straight as an arrow following the exact line I wanted but way too much power.  It flew 100 yards over the green into never-never land.

Ok, I know what I did wrong, but would like to learn from it.  As I focused on a 50% backswing, instead made a 50% powered backswing, then paused just 1/2 second before initiating the downswing.  And during that pause my arms (and club) continued to rise in the backswing, not because by body was relaxed or tense, but because my body was loose.  Loose!  I must have accidentally made a full swing, the second half being carried by angular momentum alone!

I want to make this kind of swing all the time, but don’t know how to.  The feeling is like tossing a baseball into the air and catching it.  The first part is powered (arm power) and then you release the ball and it continues to fly higher.

6 hours ago, Howling Coyote said:

Golfer2223

I want to post about a stupid swing I make from time to time which I really want to make all the time.

Here is the scenario: After missing the green, I was standing about 40 yards away and took the pitching wedge out.  I thought, “… Make a 50% backswing, make clean contact, and don’t kill the ball”.  This repeated in my head as I made the swing.  The hit felt really good!  The ball flew straight as an arrow following the exact line I wanted but way too much power.  It flew 100 yards over the green into never-never land.

Ok, I know what I did wrong, but would like to learn from it.  As I focused on a 50% backswing, instead made a 50% powered backswing, then paused just 1/2 second before initiating the downswing.  And during that pause my arms (and club) continued to rise in the backswing, not because by body was relaxed or tense, but because my body was loose.  Loose!  I must have accidentally made a full swing, the second half being carried by angular momentum alone!

I want to make this kind of swing all the time, but don’t know how to.  The feeling is like tossing a baseball into the air and catching it.  The first part is powered (arm power) and then you release the ball and it continues to fly higher.

You didn't do anything wrong. Making a full swing with shorter backswing is a great way to make wedge shots. What you didn't know is how far that shot would go. Check out the thread below.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• iacas changed the title to Golfer2223's Swing Theories
Note: This thread is 2983 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!