IGNORED

Which missed putt mentally hurts you the most?

bkuehn1952
Note: This thread is 2987 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Missed Putts & Mental Injury  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which missed putt mentally hurts you the most?

• Headed right in the heart of the hole but stops a quarter turn short
    • Lip out on the high side
    • Lip out on the low side
    • Way long (4 feet or more)
    • Way short (4 feet or more)
    • 3-footer early in the round
    • You read the break one way and the putt breaks the other
    • Something else - please describe

Over thinking a putt doesn't improve my putting. I putt better when I don't over-analyze the putt

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On February 15, 2016 at 5:21 PM, billchao said:

I voted for missed read. After three separate AimPoint classes, if I missed the direction of the break I should just give the game up.

Same for me. Usually it's those putts that have little or no side slope from the read but are long enough where you can miss by six inches.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

None I know from keeping stats and experience what to expect. Random missed or made outlier putts don't change my routine. If I miss a short one I know it's an infrequent occurrence and if I make a long one or roll it just short I wasn't expecting it. Putting is so easy it's the one thing in golf I do with conviction.

• Upvote 1

Dave :-)

All missed putts can be disheartening depending on the timing.  What really gets me is to leave a  putt short, especially one that is well read in the 5-12 foot range.

On 2/17/2016 at 10:50 AM, Dave2512 said:

None I know from keeping stats and experience what to expect. Random missed or made outlier putts don't change my routine. If I miss a short one I know it's an infrequent occurrence and if I make a long one or roll it just short I wasn't expecting it. Putting is so easy it's the one thing in golf I do with conviction.

Well Stated dave... I have to agree.  I voted None,  and I was thinking of a very similar response.   

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Note: This thread is 2987 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!