IGNORED

New TRUE Linkswear Elements Shoe

Note: This thread is 2533 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

True Linkswear has a new shoe on their site, the Elements/Hybrid

http://www.truelinkswear.com/shop/2015-men-s/elements-hybrid.html

Priced at $119. There is more information on the site below.

http://www.elementsbytrue.com/

4X WATERPROOF

TESTED TO 4-TIMES THE INDUSTRY STANDARD, ELEMENTS FULL 360* WATERPROOF LINER HOLDS UP IN WETTEST OF CONDITIONS, GIVING YOUR FOOT 360* PROTECTION. BEST IN CLASS QUALITY AND DURABILITY.

BREATHABLE UPPER

FROM OUR NEW BREATHABLE AND WATERPOOF LINER, DOUBLE LAYERED MESH UPPER, AIRFLOW CUSHIONING AND INSERT - EVERY DETAIL HAS BEEN CRAFTED TO ENSURE COMFORT IN THE WARMEST OF CONDITIONS.

OUTLAST®

ELEMENTS ARE LINED WITH OUTLAST 'NOT TOO HOT, NOT TOO COLD' CLIMATE CONTROL LINER. THE SAME TECHNOLOGY USED IN NASA SPACE SUITS WILL KEEP YOUR FEET IN THE COMFORT ZONE, COOLING WHEN IT'S HOT, HEATING WHEN IT'S COLD.

TRUE COMFORT

GUARANTEED. EVERY DETAIL OF THE ELEMENTS ARE CRAFTED WITH YOUR COMFORT IN MIND. FROM THE MOTION FLEXSTABLE RUBBER OUTSOLE, HEEL AND FOOT BED CUSHION, ANTI-MICROBIAL LINER AND DYNAMIC FEEL - YOU'LL #ENJOYTHEWALK.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

These look great at that price!  I am pretty "excited" about the 4x waterproofing, whatever that means.  :-D

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

3 minutes ago, cipher said:

These look great at that price!  I am pretty "excited" about the 4x waterproofing, whatever that means.  :-D

2 years :-P

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• iacas changed the title to New TRUE Linkswear Elements Shoe

Closest to the Sensei since it was dropped. Still hoping for a new TRUE with an outsole that is even with the lugs. Liked being able to wear my shoes everywhere on golf days, harder to do with a cleat style.

• Upvote 1

Dave :-)

11 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

2 years :-P

Hehe. If I could get 1 season out of them, with the way I tend to be hard on shoes, I would be very happy.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

I wear the Sensei model as well and they are hands down one of the most comfortable shoes I have owned, golf shoe or not. Really looking forward to a review of these to see how they compare to the Sensei. I would recommend True shoes to anyone looking for comfort in their golf shoes. The only drawback I have experienced is that they are completely not waterproof and are not good in rain or dew. Its great to see that they have addressed that with this newer model.     

Edited by Arthurd561

• Administrator

I talked with TRUE today and will share a bit more of what I know soon. There's not a lot you can't learn from looking at the website.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I am hoping they add a few more color options for this shoe. I love the idea of a lightweight waterproof shoe but other than the black shoe I am not overly enthused about the color offerings. That could be just me though.

Michael

• Administrator

Okay, so I talked with TRUE, and learned a few things:

• The sizing of the new shoes is pretty much inline with the 2015 Motions. The Sensei is a little bigger at the same size.
  • The 2015 models will still be available for sale for some time.
    • They cannot vouch for the shoes available from retailers, but they believe that the shoes they ship and sell from the 2015 line are "good" with the leak problems solved.
    • They did a VERY good job (and I can personally attest) to standing by their shoes and their replacements and warranty process for any defective 2015 models
  • There are more shoes coming in 2016. These represent several years of work developing new fabrics, new techniques. The company is looking to get back to its roots, and to again appeal to the same people who liked the TRUE Tours, and Senseis.
  • These shoes are some of the most flexible they've offered. They're relatively lightweight. They're super waterproof.
  • As it was explained to me, these shoes will let you play in the dew in the morning while keeping your feet bone dry, and then when it heats up, to continue to let your feet breathe.
  • Even if water gets between layers, your feet should remain dry.

I've got three pair on the way and will provide a fairly thorough review (without being a FULL review necessarily) when I've had a chance to test them out.

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

Visit http://www.elementsbytrue.com for more information. And more photos.

• Upvote 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
6e360e02-15f0-4e39-a365-6b1050520763.jpg
039873aa-7760-4e72-b6e3-38a023e2af51.png
Team TRUE, 

It's been seven years since we set out to help you #EnjoyTheWalk. The last couple years, behind the scenes we've been working to deliver a shoe that could heighten your experience on the links even more. Today, that shoe is here.

Introducing the all new TRUE elements hybrid - breathable + waterproof. Because at TRUE, it's rare that you'd hear anyone describe themselves as a 'fair weather golfer'. More often than not, we're either battling through desert heat, or sloshing through Seattle rain filled fairways, so we decided it was time to create the most weather-ready golf shoe in history. One pair that can handle both the heat and the rain, the course and the clubhouse. 

It's a huge step up for TRUE quality, providing you with the most tested waterproof shoe on the market. It's one giant leap for innovation, utilizing some of the same materials as NASA to increase comfort, like our Outlast® liner. Most importantly it's TRUE staying TRUE, delivering the same comfort and barefoot feel, simply with new features that real golfers will appreciate. Now you can #enjoyEVERYwalk, no matter the weather. Cheers.

430f258d-1c45-4c8e-b67d-9e0625529e7d.jpg
94b35acb-cfde-4950-abde-f37504d008e2.png

Available Today

SHOP ELEMENTS | NOW 

Short of reissuing the Tour or Sensei my enthusiasm is low. Probably because I have a sizable stash of unworn TRUE's and I grab NOS from eBay every time I see it.

It's not a car it's a shoe why not sell what put you on the map? I don't need a new model year shoe. I'd wear the Sensei all day every day and order a new pair every time I wore them out. Levi's has offered a shit ton of jeans but they never discontinued the 501's. If it works it works.

• Upvote 1

Dave :-)

13 hours ago, Dave2512 said:

Short of reissuing the Tour or Sensei my enthusiasm is low. Probably because I have a sizable stash of unworn TRUE's and I grab NOS from eBay every time I see it.

It's not a car it's a shoe why not sell what put you on the map? I don't need a new model year shoe. I'd wear the Sensei all day every day and order a new pair every time I wore them out. Levi's has offered a shit ton of jeans but they never discontinued the 501's. If it works it works.

Excellent point.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

22 hours ago, iacas said:

Okay, so I talked with TRUE, and learned a few things:

• The sizing of the new shoes is pretty much inline with the 2015 Motions. The Sensei is a little bigger at the same size.

I asked how they compared to the Dry Lyt model and they told me they are pretty similar to that shoe as well. 

• They cannot vouch for the shoes available from retailers, but they believe that the shoes they ship and sell from the 2015 line are "good" with the leak problems solved.

Good to hear. I do like how the True Motion's fit. They are a very comfy shoe. 

I've got three pair on the way and will provide a fairly thorough review (without being a FULL review necessarily) when I've had a chance to test them out.

I've ordered two pair, a size 10 and 10.5. Which ever one fits best I'll just exchange for the correct size. It just seemed the best way for me to have a golf shoe, find the right size and then get back up pair. :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

This is great news! I thought I was done with Trues. I never liked the pair I got from the 2014 line and didn't like the direction the company was going with the 2015's, but these look great!

On February 16, 2016 at 5:31 PM, iacas said:

• There are more shoes coming in 2016. These represent several years of work developing new fabrics, new techniques. The company is looking to get back to its roots, and to again appeal to the same people who liked the TRUE Tours, and Senseis.

I would really like to see them come back with something similar to the original Chukka. I still use my first pair for the worst weather and they hold up very well. But, I know they can't be water proof for ever. 

Brandon Fox

Rochester, NY

I got mine delivered yesterday. 

They fit very much identical with the 2015 models. They do feel slightly more snug. I am wondering if the material they use in the inside is just a tad thicker than that used on the True Motion's. A 10.5 fits good, I would give it a B rating for fit. If True's had a 10.0 wide, that would have been a perfect fit. 

I like how they look. They are not flashing, just simple color schemes. I like the simple athletic shoe look on them.

This outer layer is interesting. It's almost like a thin plastic, but I am not sure if that is what it is. Overall, I am pleased with the shoes. I am looking forward to seeing how they perform on the course. 

Here are some pictures of the shoes I got. The box is high quality. This pair comes with a set of green laces. IMG_0317.thumb.jpg.c8e06809d3712feee32b8IMG_0318.thumb.jpg.4e17e293bec8feed4c6e8IMG_0319.thumb.jpg.e1058e8b121b65c396500

Here is a close up of that outer layer material. To me it looks like they woven together fishing line material. It just has that look to it. It might be a nylon type material. 

IMG_0323.1.thumb.jpg.aa98b1f341759cc2652

• Upvote 2

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

5 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Here is a close up of that outer layer material. To me it looks like they woven together fishing line material. It just has that look to it. It might be a nylon type material. 

The material science nerd in me just has to take a guess at the material type.  The two most common types of nylon (polyamide), PA6 and PA66, are ] hydroscopic and therefore absorb water  (about 10% for saturation of PA6).  By themselves they can never be anything other than water resistant from a technical standpoint.  You can add a waterproofing agent and coat the nylon strands which would then allow you to use those two types of nylon, or you look at PA610 and PA612.  These aren't completely hydrophobic either but they are much much more resilient to water absorption (to the point that even at saturation you'd probably never tell from just touching the material) and would probably be the best bet if they did in fact use a nylon material.  I'd say PA610 since it is commonly turned into fishing line which would fit the weave they've got.

Somebody should definitely send me a pair, I'll run a full analysis on the fabric (FTIR, DSC, XRF, etc.) and be able to give a report on just what these shoes are made out of.  I'll most definitely not make stuff up and keep the pair for myself :-P.

Driver - Cleveland CG Black 265
Fairway Wood - Adams Tight Lies 16 Degrees
Hybrids - 18 and 20 Degrees Adams Pro
Irons - 4-PW Adams XTD
Wedges - 52 and 56 degree Cleavland CG16

Note: This thread is 2533 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!