IGNORED

Which ball for me?

Note: This thread is 2947 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

After extensive ball testing over the last two months Im shocked!!!! People say; urethane balls are only 5-7 yards shorter, people say you cant stop ionomer on firm greens, people say it only matters on the short game shots. People say urethane shots curve more offline, making them bad for high handicappers. Well, the test results from my game are in and theres a lot of bs out there. These are my findings, like em, hate em, but these were my INDIVIDUAL results and conclusions based on my game alone. YRMV; Urethane balls fly just as straight and or just as offline as their cheaper ionomer counterparts. A slice is a slice and a hook is a hook. Urethane golf balls are on average, 24 yards shorter for ME with driver and or three wood. ( not every shot, ON average, yes, there is a difference) For me, its due to trajectory. Lower compression, ionomer golf balls launch much higher giving me considerably more distance. Ionomer is INDEED much harder to stop on greens than urethane, but the 50 elite and three piece ionomer Nike Hyperflight both have great approach and greenside spin. Not quite urethane level but damn close. And I play golf in Tx. All our greens are firm. And short game shots are INDEED the most important BUT overall performance is what I think all players should seek. Your ball needs to be well rounded just like your golf skills. I play the 50 elite and nike hyperflight. I play them cus theyre the best ALL AROUND performers for me and my score card on the golf course. Dont buy all the claims out there as its either all bs or MORE likely everyones swing is just far too UNIQUE for there to be such generalized advice. Pick a few from each category and do your own testing. Sooner or later, youll kill em off til u find the ball that works for you!!! And thats great piece of mind. The MOST important thing is to play the same ball all the time, so you know exactly how the ball will respond if you execute the shot properly! AND last but not least, your handicap doesnt mean poop when it comes to golf ball selection. If you have the ability to hit down on your irons and wedges with good form, then you need a ball that will spin the way you want in your short game. If you havnt figured out how to hit down on the golf ball, then yes, a golf ball is going to make little or no difference.

END RANT;

Hope it helps! Im greatful to GOD that my ball testing is finally over! :)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

During the course of golf season, I usually will play every type of golf ball. I never worry about the ball, to me there is very little difference in two piece balls nowadays. Differences in yardage is crap.  Commercial comments are just that.  A well struck top-flite  or pinnacle will be just as good as pro-v's  I cannot spin a golf ball enough to make a difference.  As Trevino said, get it to the green first then worry about if it spins.  I buy a plastic bucket of Titleists and they last all year.  I empty my bag at least twice a year to get rid of the ball I found and don't particularly wish to play.

I have played the more costly Pro V1 and Pro V1x as well as the Bridgestone e6 and a few other more expensive balls, and they don't seem to do anything special for my game, nor do they impress me. The 5 balls that I have had the most success with are some of the less costly ones such as (1) TopFlite Gamers, (2) MaxiFli Noodle, (3) Srxion Q Stars, (4) Nike PD Soft (5) Callaway Chrome Soft

I guess that each individual golfer must go with the ball he/she has the most confidence in and the one which they believe produces the best results for them. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2947 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!