IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (March 2016)

iacas
Note: This thread is 2937 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Last day of the month... I worked on the my hip/turn and rotation drills with the mirror and in the backyard. This 5-min challenge is has been the greatest kick starter for me.

In light of becoming a COMPLETELY STUPID MONKEY... I am going ALL IN. This was a tough decision to make, but I going to sign-off from TST for the last time. I have decided to completely take the advice of my Evolvr coach and the one instructor that I have had (Erik), and stop listening to all other advice (conflicting or not) and anything other than what I need to... my priority piece. And we all know that is different for everyone. And for me... that means ALL social media (I dropped Facebook years ago), golf you-tube videos, golf magazine tips, everyone's swing stuff, and what-have-not. I have learned a lot here and now... it is time to crank it up and get serious. So... with this note, I blow out the candle, walk off the golf-forum grid, and put the internet on the shelf (except my Evolvr site, of course). Thanks everyone. I enjoyed the ride. I may be back in the days ahead. But for now... I need to do this. And someday... I WILL become that stupid monkey.

Best regards to all!

Dave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Really crowded at the range, but the wrist loading drills seemed to work. I got a few decent shots at the range, also got some not so great drives. I really hit driver terrible today on course 2. Course 1 from the tips on two holes was phenomenal driving, I even hit driver/7i on a "418 yard" par 4 hole, but GG seemed to tell me it was only 263 + 140 + 10 to the center of green or 5 yards short? That hole felt good. Then my drives went south on course 2. Not sure why? I'll ask my son to help me take some on course video of my swings tomorrow.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I superglued my buttocks to the wall this past month and have been doing swing drills while learning to not early extend. Is it working? Let's just say it's been a very long process. One that will need to continue. One positive out of it.... I know what it feels like when I do early extend.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Month of March....... I learned in February that the biggest cause of my swing problems is early extending. My coach said "you're casting." He gave me some drills to do. My question was "why am I casting?" Answer: so I can hit the ball. A DTL view from the camera revealed the problem. Drawing a line for the wall, my butt was coming off of it, thus my club was not returning to the original shaft plane at impact. I also was having problems shanking the ball. 

So I found a spot in my hallway and have been using a LW. I take my stance and have my butt against the wall, and practice swings, keeping my butt touching the wall through impact. I've been doing this about 5 minutes every day since March 1. Did it work? Sort of. I now know what it feels like when my butt comes off that wall when I swing at full speed. 

Julia

Spoiler

9 hours ago, DrvFrShow said:

I superglued my buttocks to the wall this past month and have been doing swing drills while learning to not early extend. Is it working? Let's just say it's been a very long process. One that will need to continue. One positive out of it.... I know what it feels like when I do early extend.

The image of someone actually doing this is indelibly locked in my mind. :-D

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• Administrator

If you feel you completed the challenge, let me know here in this thread and I'll award you the badge.

Thank you!

The April challenge is here:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I completed the 5 minutes a day.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Lihu said:

I completed the 5 minutes a day.

All set!

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

As of today I completed the March challenge.

Julia

Spoiler

• Administrator
9 hours ago, DrvFrShow said:

As of today I completed the March challenge.

You got it. Congrats!

• iacas unpinned this topic
Note: This thread is 2937 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!