IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (March 2016)

iacas
Note: This thread is 2940 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Was on a dead black jack table this morning. I practiced footwork for about an hour. i would turn my hips to the right and streached as far as i could go then turn the other way.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Played 18 holes celebrating making a milestone at work.

Played pretty horribly with an 84 on a Par70 6000 yards. 40 putts. . . :-P

Well, the good thing is that aside from hitting a couple trees, Frankendriver (910D2 9.5 degree head Kaili 65gm/Mid/R) gave me a median drive only 1 yard less than my normal drive. My 3W was only about 23 yards less rather than 11 yards less. :-D

It was probably mostly carry, since the ball really spun a lot. I think this driver carries farther than my normal Ping i25 9.5 degree PWR55 S driver except in the hot summer months, but totals about 1 yard less. Longest drives are still a lot shorter than the Ping i25.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Spent a couple hours in the years working on the driver and 8 iron. Divided the time between backswing and downswing drills. Then moved to the garage to work on the pitching technique, focusing on letting the club fall freely and turning the hips. Noticed that I need to keep my head steady until impact for consistency. Adding some chipping practice. Added a new playing drill for fun.... 4 balls, alternate hybrid, iron, pitch and chip (repeat). A little indoor fun to break up the drills a bit.

Dave

Went to the practice green for 20 minutes and tried out the KickX Tour Z golf balls from Orlando. Started with chips and pitches. The 8-i chips rolled out nice and smooth, and the LW 1/4 pitches had good control, landing and releasing 3 to 5 feet. Not sure if it's better contact, or just softer spring soil.

The T-Z putts well, and the Z-Aline system logo really helps with set-up. Ball has three parallel lines, two black on sides with a gray line in the middle. Gray line meshing with the white line on putter top really helped me check my club alignment. I worked from 3 to 10 feet, finishing with a trio of 5-footers (small victories).

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Hit balls at lunch today. Worked on straightening the left leg and getting left hip back to the wall. Also worked on turning left drill indoors tonight.

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

Day two:  got off work, changed and went to the course.  Started off with a bucket at the range hitting multiple irons at the same target.  Got bored of hitting balls at nothing and sent out for a quick 9 on the "temporary greens "(flag stuck in the fairway).  Worked on controlling the driver during the round, keeping the ball in play,  completely fell apart in the chipping department.  Sir 4+5 over depending on what you deem the shortened par 4(190 yards).

Tomorrow I think I'm going to do some driver work, then chipping driver again then chipping again. Until then 

Morning garage work, trying to work on my tempo. I'm normally very quick, just trying to slow down the back swing. 

10 minutes stretching, practicing back swing and transition with a steady head. Slow mo rehearsal of positions

IN MY BAG
Driver: Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver
3 Wood: Calloway RAZR Hawk
Hybrid: Ping 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 825
Wedges: 52, 56 Cleveland
Putter: Odyssey White Ice

Did more stretching, and practiced chips and putting. Need to practice this a lot more. Bunkers as well. I want to be able to at least land the ball in a 10 foot circle from a bunker instead of barely getting out of them. . .will try to spend at least an hour a day on short game.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

10 minutes mirror work at the gym. Worked on the same items.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Short yoga routine to stretch, medicine ball routine, backswing drill and started new dead lift drill, 1x10, 5lb weights each side.

Pretty chilly out again today so no ball hitting. I have my 5th of 6 lessons tonight. 

Under construction, signature and game.

Had a lesson today. Me and my instructor worked some more on the takeaway and downswing. We worked on shallowing the club in transition mainly with left hand extension. Im trying to continue rotating my hips and shoulders through the ball. 

When I got home I worked on my putting stroke with the coin drill.

Another good day of practice. Started the day with some chipping, pitching and putting drills in the basement office. For my break from work, worked on the driver and 8 iron in the backyeard until the snow started to fall and blow around (winter golf ain't for wimps), Worked on backswing and downswing drills I learned last week, focusing on soft shoulders at A4 and follow through position. A little bit better on the driver today.... The club head was starting to scrape the ground yesterday for some reason.

Retreated to the garage later in the day for more drills. Drills before fun. Finished up with practice the backswing / downswing with hybrid, various iron, pitch and chip in random order (game situation), Wrapped up with pitching practice with various distance strokes. Reviewed notes and added some details. Need more wok on the pitching with the hip turn. Plan on taking some videos tomorrow, since it has been a week that I have started working with these new changes.

Setting my sights at the single focus eye and the plan on vigorously only doing what my instructor and swing coach tell me to focus on. I totally trust them to the fullest, and am loving the results. No more searching for golf tips, YouTube videos, or other golf forums. Cancelled a bunch of them and unsubscribe to various golf tip thread in email. I'm all in here. Hey stupid monkey! I'm coming after you!

Dave

Indoors, using long mirror, for 10 minutes:

Practiced set-up, and takeaway to top, and hip move to start downswing. In mirror when I can see myself, I always stop nicely at the top - lead elbow slightly above trailing elbow. But, when I hit balls outdoors, trailing elbow can get too high, and I'm starting down with a little hand move that requires manipulation to try to control (caught it on video recently).

What I think I'm doing and what I am doing are not the same...

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Played 18 holes 1st thing in the morning. Not the greatest front 9, back 9 a lot better.

After that I went to the driving range and hit 100 balls. 25 pitch shots at various targets, 25 shots with a hybrid and 50 drives. just focused on take away and staying balanced.

On the way home I decided to go by the club and played the back nine

Practiced my putts in the living room.

Planning a 9 hole round with lots of chipping and putting practice.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

I spent the morning hitting balls in the garage, working on tempo.

This was from yesterday forgot to hit submit. Was on a dead black jack table this morning. I practiced footwork for about an hour. i would turn my hips to the right and streached as far as i could go then turn the other way.

Note: This thread is 2940 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!