IGNORED

2016 Masters Toonamint Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 2901 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

7 hours ago, Phil McGleno said:

Ummmmmm no.

I thought I saw you on the red carpet at the Oscars too. Weren't you Charlize Theron's date? :-P

I think this is going to be a good Masters in terms of it being close on Sunday. Weather has a way of tightening up things.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

current forecast looks good rainwise (softening the course forecast to end around 9am)
but cool temps and on Thur-Sat pretty windy

Augusta%2010%20day%20forecast%20as%20of%

Players play, tough players win!

9 hours ago, Phil McGleno said:

Ummmmmm no.

My bad, given your avatar and screen name, I've always thought that was you.  It was an interesting piece, either way.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

2 hours ago, k-troop said:

Does anyone know if CBS all access subscribers will be able to stream the weekend round coverage?  I see on the website they're showing featured groups and Amen corner on the cbssports site, but it doesn't say anything about the weekend CBS broadcast.

The media is awful at providing clear information on the options. I am seeing disorganized, conflicting data and nothing comprehensive from CBS.

Via cable, it's ESPN/CBS, but streaming there are three (four?) options:

• masters.com - covers certain holes/groups, multiple feeds, free.
  • cbssports.com - as I understand it, complete live coverage, need to login w/cable sub.
  • WatchESPN - weekday coverage, need cable sub.
  • CBS all access - this is the question mark. Some sources say it'll provide live coverage all the way through, some only on the weekdays, some none at all. I suppose we'll find out come Thursday. And if it is available live, it's only in certain areas. And I think the unpaid version of all access will not offer a live stream. That's my guess. So if it is on all access, you have to pay, no trial subscription, and you have to live in a certain market.

There is no place I found that listed the above like I did. None mention anything about quality of feed, number of ads. Come on journalists. Do your due diligence. Some of the websites that wrote about this can't even grasp basic grammar.

• Upvote 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

18 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

The media is awful at providing clear information on the options. I am seeing disorganized, conflicting data and nothing comprehensive from CBS.

• cbssports.com - as I understand it, complete live coverage, need to login w/cable sub.
  • CBS all access - this is the question mark. Some sources say it'll provide live coverage all the way through, some only on the weekdays, some none at all. I suppose we'll find out come Thursday. And if it is available live, it's only in certain areas. And I think the unpaid version of all access will not offer a live stream. That's my guess. So if it is on all access, you have to pay, no trial subscription, and you have to live in a certain market.

There is no place I found that listed the above like I did. None mention anything about quality of feed, number of ads. Come on journalists. Do your due diligence. Some of the websites that wrote about this can't even grasp basic grammar.

Thanks--at least I feel like less of an idiot because I couldn't find any good info.  You'd think that at least with a paid All Access subscription you'd get whatever they're broadcasting live (since that's their major selling point).

I'll have WatchESPN access for Thurs/Fri.  Weekend is a crap shoot.  I may be spending the night at @DaveP043's house!

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

1 hour ago, Wally Fairway said:

current forecast looks good rainwise (softening the course forecast to end around 9am)

If that forecast holds, those par 5s on the back will become actual par 5s instead of long par 4s. That NW wind wil create headwind problems on 11, 13, 15, and 16. Wish it would hold that high through Sunday, lots of drama. 

Edited by Chris E

1 hour ago, Gunther said:

My bad, given your avatar and screen name, I've always thought that was you.  It was an interesting piece, either way.

It is okay-We can not all be smart.

It has only said I am not Mac in my signature since you joined the site.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

http://www.masters.com/en_US/tournament/schedule.html

Click on any day and they give you all the media options

Here is how they list Thursdays coverage

Live Coverage Online

Times for Live Coverage on Masters.com are estimated based on when players are expected to make the turn. Coverage may begin earlier or later based on speed of play.

Featured Groups
9:15AM - 7:30PMEDT
Amen Corner
10:45AM - 6:00PMEDT
Masters - On The Range
11:00AM - 1:00PMEDT
Hole Nos. 15 and 16
11:45AM - 7:00PMEDT
Broadcast
3:00PM - 7:30PMEDT

Live Coverage on TV

ESPN

Live TV coverage of Tournament play from 3:00 PM to 7:30 PM EDT. ESPN Replay from 8:00 PM to 11:00 PM EDT.

CBS Sports Network

Live TV coverage of the Masters driving range show, Masters on the Range, from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM EDT.

CBS

Highlights Show on CBS from 11:30 PM to 11:45 PM EDT.

Live 4K Coverage *

Amen Corner

Live Virtual Reality Streaming *

Hole Nos. 6 and 16
10:00AM - 6:00PMEDT

Players play, tough players win!

@ChrisP beat me to it, but I came in here to toss my $0.02 in for Rickie due to the wind forecast. IMO he doesn't get enough credit for how well he flights the ball. When he's on, he also rolls in 5-6 foot putts with as much confidence as anyone I've seen and he works the ball well from right to left. I would have always bet his first major would likely come at an Open Champ, but I think he's as good a pick as any this week.

Also, Chamblee is an idiot for leaving Bubba off of his list...even with the wind forecast.

Edited by skydog

22 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

http://www.masters.com/en_US/tournament/schedule.html

Click on any day and they give you all the media options

Here is how they list Thursdays coverage

Live Coverage Online

Times for Live Coverage on Masters.com are estimated based on when players are expected to make the turn. Coverage may begin earlier or later based on speed of play.

Featured Groups
9:15AM - 7:30PMEDT
Amen Corner
Masters - On The Range
11:00AM - 1:00PMEDT
Hole Nos. 15 and 16
11:45AM - 7:00PMEDT
Broadcast
3:00PM - 7:30PMEDT

Live Coverage on TV

ESPN

Live TV coverage of Tournament play from 3:00 PM to 7:30 PM EDT. ESPN Replay from 8:00 PM to 11:00 PM EDT.

CBS Sports Network

Live TV coverage of the Masters driving range show, Masters on the Range, from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM EDT.

CBS

Highlights Show on CBS from 11:30 PM to 11:45 PM EDT.

Live 4K Coverage *

Amen Corner

Live Virtual Reality Streaming *

Hole Nos. 6 and 16
10:00AM - 6:00PMEDT

That's pretty official and no mention of CBS all access, so assuming nothing on all access. They should say it explicitly though, it's just one line. There are sources saying it will be. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

For all those missing TIger or just want to read what he says about each hole (at the Masters), this is ia Masters gift:

http://www.masters.com/en_US/news/articles/2016-04-04/tigers_tour_of_augusta_national_hole_by_hole.html

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Masters.com is streaming featured group coverage starting on the first hole, for the first time ever. 

That is AWESOME!  Get to see the whole course in detail.

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

2 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

Yeah, looks a lot like the 2007 forecast. I remember how bad that Saturday was at Augusta in '07 when the wind was howling and guys were wearing beanies. I think Brett Wetterich was leading after 2 rounds and shot like an 82 or something like that.

2 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

Yeah, looks a lot like the 2007 forecast. I remember how bad that Saturday was at Augusta in '07 when the wind was howling and guys were wearing beanies. I think Brett Wetterich was leading after 2 rounds and shot like an 82 or something like that.

Sorry for my ignorance but that forecast doesn't look bad at all.

74 Thursday
66 Friday
64 Saturday
66 Sunday

20mph winds, are those variable highs or constants?

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

42 minutes ago, pumaAttack said:

74 Thursday
66 Friday
64 Saturday
66 Sunday

Who knows how accurate it will be but the forecast I'm looking at is showing ~20 mph winds thurs-sat. With a lot of elevation change and approach shots that typically need to be high and very precise, I gotta think wind like that would make things really tough. If the forecast holds I would expect a ton of three putts due to guys ending up on the wrong side of ridges on the greens.

2 hours ago, pumaAttack said:

74 Thursday
66 Friday
64 Saturday
66 Sunday

Given the fact it's winds from a cold front coming in, they tend to be pretty gusty. Nobody will know for sure how strong they will blow until the actual front comes in, but I know from past years, when a storm comes in and the temperatures drop, the winds tend to be pretty nasty.

Tee Times:

http://www.pgatour.com/news/2016/04/04/masters-tee-times.html?cid=FBPGATOUR

And Jim Herman goes off first. No rest for the weary.

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 2901 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!