IGNORED

2016 Masters Toonamint Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 2926 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just now, Shindig said:

Dustin Johnson doesn't realize there is grass on hole 18, does he?

No, he's oblivious to the fact that there are bunkers.

Matsu wasted an opportunity at 15. He could have been in the lead by himself if he made a putt.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

12 minutes ago, natureboy said:

He really needed that birdie on 12.

Yup.  He should've bounced back like Spieth but alas - no.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Jordan makes a nice approach on #14, to make up for his poor approach on #13. 

... and Matsuyama with a three putt bogey on 16.  Didn't expect to see him three-putt two holes in a row.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Jeez, Smylie. You need to upgrade your lifestyle.

Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Jordan's approach on #15.  Caddie likes it.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Spieth might break the record he shares with Arnold Palmer.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Jordan shakes his head, can't believe he got away with that par at #16.

-- Michael | My swing! 

If Spieth is protecting a one-shot lead going to the 17th tomorrow, there may be problems.

If I'm not mistaken, the 17th gave Tiger problems, too. I remember him talking about it in an interivew, too, one time about his problems with that hole. I remember in '05 that great birdie on 16 to put him 2 ahead of DiMarco and then he spit the bed on 17.

Edited by ChrisP

Just now, ChrisP said:

If I'm not mistaken, the 17th gave Tiger problems, too. I remember him talking about it in an interivew, too, one time about his problems with that hole.

Not just Tiger and Jordan.  That tee shot gave Dwight Eisenhower fits also.

-- Michael | My swing! 

I like Matsuyama. Good player. Also, he pissed off Ian Poulter, which makes him alright in my book. 

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

5 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

So has there every been a player in major championship history to go wire-to-wire in back-to-back majors like this? I know it's never been done at the Masters.

I'm guessing if it happened, it was in the era when, say, Willie Anderson won the Open, or Jamie Anderson won the British Open.  In the modern era, so few people have repeated -- much less back to back -- at any major that there's a small list to check.  If no one has an answer, I may check later. 

Oh... wait.  The first two PGA Championships were won by the same person, and it was Match Play.  Does that count as two wire-to-wire, or would he have had to never trail in any of his matches?

-- Michael | My swing! 

Note: This thread is 2926 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!