IGNORED

2016 Masters Toonamint Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 2901 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Please let this day be interesting

• Upvote 1

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Is it me or did they let the grass grow a tiny bit longer on 11 in that little low point on the front / hazard side of the green to give slowly rolling balls more of a chance to 'hang on'?

It looks a little 'fuzzier' than yesterday.

Edited by natureboy

Kevin

CfsWPRLXIAAV4si.jpg

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Rory's driving off again today... Sky have just shown another montage of DJ's near misses. Would love to see him go low this afternoon; he's had some bad breaks.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

10 hours ago, Chris E said:

Langer with that stupid putter still irks me and makes me suspicious. They need to watch him closely. 

I don't agree with you on much, but I do agree with this. Langer absolutely does NOT pass the smell test with me.

Wearing my new spikes on the couch waiting for the coverage to start. LOL…

0410161401.jpg

Colin P.

6 minutes ago, b101 said:

Rory's driving off again today... Sky have just shown another montage of DJ's near misses. Would love to see him go low this afternoon; he's had some bad breaks.

Others have had bad breaks as well. It's not just a Rory thing, although I guess it is to some.

2 minutes ago, Natural Patrick said:

Others have had bad breaks as well. It's not just a Rory thing, although I guess it is to some.

Not suggesting it is - he hasn't played well enough. Just commenting that he's had two fairly poor (for him) first drives.

Edit: maybe you misread? I meant about DJ's bad breaks in previous majors - PGA, US Open etc...

Edited by b101
  • Upvote 1

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

58 minutes ago, Chris E said:

That's your opinion (the ridiculous and outrageous part). I think he is accurate with alot of his takes. On this particular subject, saying pros are too dependent on their coaches and not being able to figure things out on their own is spot on. 

Using your definition on his motives, then you can say that about any pundit, jouralist, critic, etc. Just because somebody has an opinion, a paid opinion, about a subject doesn't mean it is not accurate. 

It's not that his opinion isn't accurate it's that he only targets people that will gain him notoriety.  I doubt that Spieth was the only golfer who called his swing coach yesterday because they had a problem with their swing.  Some guys have their coaches travel with them, so are they momma's boys too, why isn't Brandel calling them out?  

Spieth wants to win, he's wisely using all the resources available to him in order to help him win, since when is that wrong or something worthy of snarky comments?  

Joe Paradiso

4 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

Spieth wants to win, he's wisely using all the resources available to him in order to help him win, since when is that wrong or something worthy or snarky comments?  

Not just that, but this is the first Major of the year. If he's looking to 'fine tune' his Majors game then this is a good tournament to do it since it's close to coach's home base. I doubt we'll see McCormack at the other Majors.

Edited by natureboy

Kevin

Watching Langer practice on the green it sure looks like anchoring to me.  Does he anchor when he hits practice putts on the practice green too?  

Joe Paradiso

Just now, newtogolf said:

Watching Langer practice on the green it sure looks like anchoring to me.  Does he anchor when he hits practice putts on the practice green too?  

I'm yet to find or hear of anyone who doesn't think this is illegal. Certainly it's not in the spirit of the rules...

Just now, newtogolf said:

It's not that his opinion isn't accurate it's that he only targets people that will gain him notoriety.  I doubt that Spieth was the only golfer who called his swing coach yesterday because they had a problem with their swing.  Some guys have their coaches travel with them, so are they momma's boys too, why isn't Brandel calling them out?  

Spieth wants to win, he's wisely using all the resources available to him in order to help him win, since when is that wrong or something worthy of snarky comments?  

Except he's not paid to give opinions on Danny Lee or random pro #3. . .

4 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

He takes practice strokes with the hand anchored then moves it away when he makes the actual putt. I was watching some of his putts yesterday and could see a gap between his hand and shirt.

Given that AN banned a guy for playing two balls in practice rounds contrary to the rules of golf, it's likely that they have some guys with telephoto lenses keeping tabs.

Edited by natureboy

Kevin

2 minutes ago, natureboy said:

There's a  bit  of luck in Rory's favor for all you doubters. Just drove the green off a tree (or spectator).

And I'm happy :-)

Note: This thread is 2901 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!