IGNORED

2016 Masters Toonamint Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 2926 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just now, atb5079 said:

Rory is definitely lucky he got his 4 in before Jordan came along. Jordan might just hold this tour hostage for 5yrs. Hell, Spieth go wire to wire at Oakmont. Another course where he can avoid the big number compared to his competitors, his putter will save him and he can just laugh at all the others 3 putting their ways to 75s+

Nah. Rory is a premier ballstriker. Now that he has a real challenge, he should tighten up the rest of his game (putting switch is a good start) to close the gap.

I'm excited for the rivalry!

Kevin

1 minute ago, ChrisP said:

Still confused by the statement "he doesn't show any emotion." Like huh? I even posted a picture of him showing lots of it. But whatever. Like someone said, Spieth must be becoming a true superstar because he's racking up his hater army.

It's just an excuse for an underlying reason to hate Jordan...

• entitled white boy
  • never had to work for it
  • jealousy
  • etc

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, newtogolf said:

What's interesting is the great amount of success he's had in a relatively short period of time and overall he's a good person.  I don't see him being any different that Rory or Jason Day.  

Agreed. I just happened to have money on the other two :mad:

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

2 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

What's interesting is the great amount of success he's had in a relatively short period of time and overall he's a good person.  I don't see him being any different that Rory or Jason Day.  

Day is just generally a "cooler" person. McIlroy is a cool Irish dude

Edited by RJH999

Riley

Nice to see Dustin make two in a row.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

1 minute ago, RJH999 said:

Day is just generally a "cooler" pefson. McIlroy is a cool Irish dude

What does cool mean to you, not white American?  

Joe Paradiso

1 minute ago, RJH999 said:

Day is just generally a "cooler" pefson. McIlroy is a cool Irish dude

Damn those are great reasons to hate Jordan. I forgot those...

6 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

"Your" emotion. Not theirs.

Ok

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

1 minute ago, Valleygolfer said:

Damn those are great reasons to hate Jordan. I forgot those...

Ease up on his jockstrap bud, I don't hate Jordan. He is a good young guy. I don't hate him. He is not Bubba. But, Jordan is just plain boring. To me he is not good for the overall game and I do NOT want a tour monopoly again like we had with Tiger for awhile. At least when Tiger did it though, he was flat out entertaining to watch. I don't get excited watching Jordan. I don't know if I ever contemplated turning Sunday at Augusta off before. His slow play and fidgeting also make it extremely difficult to watch and root for him.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

What does cool mean to you, not white American?  

15 mil in the bank is way cool to me...

6 minutes ago, RJH999 said:

YEAH PRETTY MUCH 

At least you're honest, better than the Tiger haters who won't admit they don't like him because of his deep tan.  

• Upvote 1

Joe Paradiso

4 minutes ago, pumaAttack said:

Jordan is just too good.  Back to back Green Jackets.  

Gotta thing he can do a grand slam at some point. 

Oh absolutely. Nothing wild about PGAs and the lower ball flight will help in the UK. 

5 minutes ago, atb5079 said:

Ease up on his jockstrap bud, I don't hate Jordan. He is a good young guy. I don't hate him. He is not Bubba. But, Jordan is just plain boring. To me he is not good for the overall game and I do NOT want a tour monopoly again like we had with Tiger for awhile. At least when Tiger did it though, he was flat out entertaining to watch. I don't get excited watching Jordan. I don't know if I ever contemplated turning Sunday at Augusta off before. His slow play and fidgeting also make it extremely difficult to watch and root for him.

Well explained - this pretty much sums up my feelings as well. It's the fact that his brand of golf is simply 'very effective' golf rather than the more high-octane stuff you get with some of the others. 

It's not Jordan's fault; for many people, great putting just isn't as exciting to watch as a great long game.

Edited by b101
clarifying wording

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

3 minutes ago, atb5079 said:

His slow play and fidgeting also make it extremely difficult to watch and root for him.

Those are his less commendable traits. Like watching his golf, though. At least he's not Keegan with the fidgets.

Kevin

Note: This thread is 2926 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!