IGNORED

Anchoring foot against tee marker

Bill926

Note: This thread is 2011 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

9 hours ago, Fourputt said:

I'd not be that concerned about the tee marker if it didn't noticeably move (I certainly don't see it as building a stance if the marker doesn't move), but what he did on the green I would definitely mention to him or his marker if he had one.  Once he lifts the marker, he is not allowed to touch or move the ball unless he re-marks it.  I'd have certainly called him on that.

Upon further reflection, I think my statement about building a stance was incorrect.  One would even be allowed to stand on an obstruction (movable or not) if it were already there, so bracing against one would be even less of a concern.  However, if the marker moved, I do believe the player would be subject to penalty for purposely causing it to move.

Note: This thread is 2011 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • Not true. It wasn’t studied in clinical trials. People who had COVID haven’t all even been aware of it, and have had it in varying capacities. People vaccinated got known dosages. They may only handle one strain well. The list of reasons goes on. Those with “natural immunity” should still get vaccinated.
    • Why, there's been just as long to study it as the vaccines.
    • So she is surprised that a pharmacy will not give out drugs that are not prescribed by a licensed physician….. what a genius she is 😜
    • Two doors down from me, and I know this is a surprise since they have passed out anti-vax stuff before, the whole family got Covid.  The wife wasn’t doing great so she went to her holistic doctor and got prescribed the following: Zinc, vitamin C, Vitamin D and several others.  Plus the human version of Ivermectin.  She said the ivermectin gave her really bad diarrhea (good!).  And now they happy because they have natural immunity.   What strikes me the most is how arrogant they were, acting like they knew better than everyone else.  The wife even went on about how she had to go to a special pharmacy because most places won’t give it to you.   🤦‍♂️ 🤡 🤪
    • I am of the view that 14 clubs is too many for the average to high handicapper. Fewer choices in clubs helps with shot creation and also you learn to hit those which you carry better.  All this thought you can hit a club a certain yardage is not reality. There is usually three clubs between the front and back of a green for the average golfer, so as long as it's in play relax and enjoy the game and not stress out that you've not hit that six iron exactly 150 yards.  Driver, fairway wood or hybrid, any a few iron you like to hit 468 or 579 wedge and putter and you don't need 100 balls in your bag either. Relax and have some fun with your mates and you will score lower.
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Benit0
      Benit0
      (38 years old)
    2. Doine Rechard
      Doine Rechard
      (42 years old)
    3. Golfalert
      Golfalert
      (46 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...