IGNORED

TaylorMade's Questionable Ad Campaign

Note: This thread is 1855 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

26 minutes ago, Mike Boatright said:

Isn't this kinda bs Im sure he can hit a 2 iron 260 but 300 really really?

Not with how GI irons are being made today. Lower CG, club faces designed more like drivers. 

I tried out the Ping Crossover. Which looks like a driving iron. The 3 crossover is 18 degrees of loft. So basically in the 7-wood range. I hit that 260 yards on a few shots. It's basically more loft and shorter club length than my 2 hybrid. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

Not with how GI irons are being made today. Lower CG, club faces designed more like drivers. 

I tried out the Ping Crossover. Which looks like a driving iron. The 3 crossover is 18 degrees of loft. So basically in the 7-wood range. I hit that 260 yards on a few shots. It's basically more loft and shorter club length than my 2 hybrid. 

Yeah, they're basically hybrids/fairway woods without the crown. The M2s launch easier than just about any hybrid.

2 hours ago, newtogolf said:

Take a look at the lofts, they are jacked big time.  The 3 iron is probably equal to a 1 iron on older sets, plus longer shaft.  

You do realize there is a lot more to iron design than length and loft right?

• iacas changed the title to TaylorMade's Questionable Ad Campaign
3 hours ago, Mike Boatright said:

I believe it. DJ drove a 290 green with an iron last year. 

2 hours ago, Smidd4 said:

I believe it. DJ drove a 290 green with an iron last year. 

No doubt these guys are long! I have however tried all game improvement irons and they do go farther but it's like 15 yards. I have hit my 7 iron max 172 yards it's a mizuno mp-67 probably one degree stronger because of wear and tear. I hit a callaway 7 with a speed step shaft graphite maxed out say 188 to 192 crushed, But it's really just a 6 iron with higher launch  and plays just like my 5 iron so I chose to not play these clubs. So logically speaking this means say Day here is using a 4 iron and nailed it 295 this means his normal 4 iron goes 268 .. This is Jamie sadlowski distances I just don see it I see day and DJ hitting 3-5 irons 215 to 238.

5 hours ago, Mike Boatright said:

No, he hit it 295 :-P

Like others have said, the iron is basically a hybrid. In addition they might have had a lighter shaft in the club and counted how far the ball ran out. Not saying it isn't impressive but I can believe it.

1 minute ago, mvmac said:

No, he hit it 295 :-P

Like others have said, the iron is basically a hybrid. In addition they might have had a lighter shaft in the club and counted how far the ball ran out. Not saying it isn't impressive but I can believe it.

With day it's possible he has such a big swing,but doesn't he hit his 3 wood that far you know 15 degrees.

5 minutes ago, Mike Boatright said:

With day it's possible he has such a big swing,but doesn't he hit his 3 wood that far you know 15 degrees.

Well the M2 4-iron is 19° so if they might have given him a 3-iron that's 17 or 16°.

• Upvote 1

Note: This thread is 1855 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!