IGNORED

Edel Fitting

Note: This thread is 2824 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So had my Edel Putter and Wedge Fitting yesterday.  First, Mike Dickson at Congressional was awesome. I'd recommend going to him if you're in the area and want the Edel equipment. He was great, he answered all of the questions I had which I pretty much knew the answers to thanks to @iacas 

I would say it was an eye opening experience.  I was amazed at how the putter head and lines affected my aim.  I found out the lines make me aim all over the place.  They definitely don't help me at all.  A putter with no lines is the one I aimed the best. As for putter heads, the mallet putter also fits my eye better.  Blade putters are another thing I don't seem to aim well.  And the more offset the putter is the worse I aim putts.  

Just being able to aim properly would've done it for me, but when you add weight to the head, along with the counter weights in the shaft, this blew me away.  Laying the string down at about 15 feet from me and a couple feet in front of the hole, with a lighter weighted putter, my control was ok, some good, some bad..  But as soon as he started messing with the head weight and then adding counter weights, it was like fine tuning a car. I started rolling the ball to the line with it stopping a ball roll short or a ball roll over.  But then he took away the string and I putted to the hole that was a couple feet behind the line, I don't think I missed by more than 6".  Just blew me away, I wish I would've done this years ago. 

Once we got that figured out, went on the putting green and again, distance control was great (when I didn't revert to my old habits) and the short putts I couldn't miss.  The putter fitting was awesome and I can't wait to get the putter.  So I will be getting the Columbia Mallet putter head (Platinum) with no lines, 370 g head, with a 30 g counter weight and a 68 degree lie, with the pixel insert.  

The wedge fitting was much quicker, but again, just like the putters, the fine tuning of the club to your swing was great.  Tried a few clubs, I was in between a digger and a driver, but went with the Driver with the KBS wedge shaft.  He didn't have the 54 and 58 with the driver head, but I hit the 56 and 60 really well.  On full shots I was all over the flag stick.  I even used the 56 and 60 on the course later in the day.

It was just a great experience and I would recommend it to anyone if you have the money to do it and if you don't, every time you think you want a new putter, put that money aside and save it for an Edel fitting.  So needless to say, it's going to be torture waiting for the putter and wedges to arrive.

As an aside, I also got a swing and putter tip from Mike during the fitting.   The swing tip helped me hit the ball more solidly than I have in years.  I'll post my round at Congressional shortly.

• Upvote 3

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So had my Edel Putter and Wedge Fitting yesterday.  First, Mike Dickson at Congressional was awesome. I'd recommend going to him if you're in the area and want the Edel equipment. He was great, he answered all of the questions I had which I pretty much knew the answers to thanks to @iacas 

I would say it was an eye opening experience.  I was amazed at how the putter head and lines affected my aim.  I found out the lines make me aim all over the place.  They definitely don't help me at all.  A putter with no lines is the one I aimed the best. As for putter heads, the mallet putter also fits my eye better.  Blade putters are another thing I don't seem to aim well.  And the more offset the putter is the worse I aim putts.  

Just being able to aim properly would've done it for me, but when you add weight to the head, along with the counter weights in the shaft, this blew me away.  Laying the string down at about 15 feet from me and a couple feet in front of the hole, with a lighter weighted putter, my control was ok, some good, some bad..  But as soon as he started messing with the head weight and then adding counter weights, it was like fine tuning a car. I started rolling the ball to the line with it stopping a ball roll short or a ball roll over.  But then he took away the string and I putted to the hole that was a couple feet behind the line, I don't think I missed by more than 6".  Just blew me away, I wish I would've done this years ago. 

Once we got that figured out, went on the putting green and again, distance control was great (when I didn't revert to my old habits) and the short putts I couldn't miss.  The putter fitting was awesome and I can't wait to get the putter.  So I will be getting the Columbia Mallet putter head (Platinum) with no lines, 370 g head, with a 30 g counter weight and a 68 degree lie, with the pixel insert.  

The wedge fitting was much quicker, but again, just like the putters, the fine tuning of the club to your swing was great.  Tried a few clubs, I was in between a digger and a driver, but went with the Driver with the KBS wedge shaft.  He didn't have the 54 and 58 with the driver head, but I hit the 56 and 60 really well.  On full shots I was all over the flag stick.  I even used the 56 and 60 on the course later in the day.

It was just a great experience and I would recommend it to anyone if you have the money to do it and if you don't, every time you think you want a new putter, put that money aside and save it for an Edel fitting.  So needless to say, it's going to be torture waiting for the putter and wedges to arrive.

As an aside, I also got a swing and putter tip from Mike during the fitting.   The swing tip helped me hit the ball more solidly than I have in years.  I'll post my round at Congressional shortly.

That's great to hear. It was definitely a fun process for me and I'm glad you enjoyed your experience as much as I did. Make sure you post a picture of your new clubs when you get them.  Having the round at congressional is an awesome bonus. Can't wait to hear about that as well.

3 hours ago, Jakester23 said:

That's great to hear. It was definitely a fun process for me and I'm glad you enjoyed your experience as much as I did. Make sure you post a picture of your new clubs when you get them.  Having the round at congressional is an awesome bonus. Can't wait to hear about that as well.

I will definitely post the pictures as soon as they arrive.  7-10 days on the wedges and 2-3 weeks on the putter.  I'm going to be like a kid in the car, are we there yet waiting for them.  :whistle:

edel.png 

Thanks for your order.

Our team of skilled craftsman will begin working on your Wedge Order. Completely manufactured at our workshop in Liberty Hill, Texas; your order may take up to 10 days to complete. We'll send you a tracking number as soon as it leaves the workshop.

Thanks for your order.

Our team of skilled craftsman will begin working on your Classic Fit Putter Order. Completely manufactured at our workshop in Liberty Hill, Texas; your order may take up to 17 days to complete. We'll send you a tracking number as soon as it leaves the workshop.

:beer:  :beer: :banana:

• Upvote 1

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

• 2 weeks later...

Wedges shipped today!  :banana:

hopefully I'll get them before the weekend

-Jerry

• Administrator
46 minutes ago, jsgolfer said:

Wedges shipped today!  :banana:

hopefully I'll get them before the weekend

Just look at your delivery date. :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

11 minutes ago, iacas said:

Just look at your delivery date. :-)

No delivery date yet only that it was picked up by FedEx today.

-Jerry

2 hours ago, jsgolfer said:

No delivery date yet only that it was picked up by FedEx today.

I hate you :-D.  I was hoping my putter would be arriving by this weekend as well but I haven't gotten the email saying it was picked up by Fedex.  Keep us updated please and don't forget the pics.

40 minutes ago, Jakester23 said:

I hate you :-D.  I was hoping my putter would be arriving by this weekend as well but I haven't gotten the email saying it was picked up by Fedex.  Keep us updated please and don't forget the pics.

I believe it's just the wedges. Putter will be a little while longer. :-O

-Jerry

56 minutes ago, jsgolfer said:

I believe it's just the wedges. Putter will be a little while longer. :-O

Yeah my fitter said 20 days. The email from edel said 17 days. Wednesday would be 17 days since the email but I'm not sure if they count weekend's. The weather here has been shit anyway but Sunday looks prime.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Jakester23 said:

Yeah my fitter said 20 days. The email from edel said 17 days. Wednesday would be 17 days since the email but I'm not sure if they count weekend's. The weather here has been shit anyway but Sunday looks prime.

20 business days.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Scheduled delivery: 

Thu 4/07/2016 by end of day :beer:

• Upvote 1

-Jerry

• Administrator
8 hours ago, jsgolfer said:
Scheduled delivery: 

Thu 4/07/2016 by end of day :beer:

Well there you go. :-) 

5 minutes ago, iacas said:

Well there you go. :-) 

Yup, can't wait.

• Upvote 1

-Jerry

14 hours ago, jsgolfer said:

Yup, can't wait.

Are you going to have an unveiling party and post lots and lots of pictures?????

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

Are you going to have an unveiling party and post lots and lots of pictures?????

Oh yeah, I will definitely post lots of pictures.  

• Upvote 1

-Jerry

7 hours ago, jsgolfer said:

Oh yeah, I will definitely post lots of pictures.  

:drool:

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

@jsgolfer were you able to look at customization options prior to your fitting?  I have a fitting scheduled for Saturday morning, and I haven't seen a "menu" of customization options (e.g. color, logo, stamping) anywhere.  I've been just searching google images for Edel putters and mulling it over in my head, but I haven't settled on anything official yet.

Note: This thread is 2824 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!