IGNORED

Edel Fitting

Note: This thread is 2797 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On April 9, 2016 at 8:37 PM, jsgolfer said:

Played today And of course used the wedges, first true chip of the day went in for a birdie. :banana:

Love the feel of the clubs, can't wait to play more with them. 

Time to change the signature ... :-)

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

image.jpegMy putter came while in Va Beach!

:banana:

Here it is. Can't wait to use it. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

6 hours ago, the fish said:

Putter looks awesome! When do get to take it out for a round?

I'll go to putting green today, but on the course will be tomorrow afternoon.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

I find it interesting that most of the images posted of the Edel putters are typically very simplistic in alignment markings. Most of them have very few lines on them.

@jsgolfer, when you were fitted did they try out any alignment lines on the putter? If so, then how off did they make you aim compared to the putter you had made for you? 

I always found it interesting how one two lines can totally throw off your ability to line up a putter. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

15 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I find it interesting that most of the images posted of the Edel putters are typically very simplistic in alignment markings. Most of them have very few lines on them.

@jsgolfer, when you were fitted did they try out any alignment lines on the putter? If so, then how off did they make you aim compared to the putter you had made for you? 

I always found it interesting how one two lines can totally throw off your ability to line up a putter. 

You are dead on, during the fitting I was pretty good with one line, but add two or three lines and I would be way offline.  He even did just dots and it comes out that I aim the putter more accurately when there were no lines.  Go figure.  And I was way off with three lines on a putter.  No wonder I missed so many putts with my old putters.  :~(

-Jerry

6 hours ago, jsgolfer said:

I'll go to putting green today, but on the course will be tomorrow afternoon.

Nice. I'm itching to get mine. My fitting was two weeks ago. I haven't seen any emails from them, but from what I've gathered it seems about a month for the putter to arrive. Patience is hard!

14 hours ago, the fish said:

Nice. I'm itching to get mine. My fitting was two weeks ago. I haven't seen any emails from them, but from what I've gathered it seems about a month for the putter to arrive. Patience is hard!

I received mine in 21 business days from the fitting. Which is about what I expected from the email, 17 business days to make and a couple of days for shipment.  

I went to putting green and practiced with it, however they had just punched the greens so I made some putts and missed some putts but the feel so far is great. Playing later today, so we'll see how that goes 

-Jerry

On 4/26/2016 at 5:33 AM, jsgolfer said:

I received mine in 21 business days from the fitting. Which is about what I expected from the email, 17 business days to make and a couple of days for shipment.  

I went to putting green and practiced with it, however they had just punched the greens so I made some putts and missed some putts but the feel so far is great. Playing later today, so we'll see how that goes 

It's Wednesday.

How come we don't have an update?! :whistle:

Your wedges and putter look great!  I'm very envious and wish I were liquid enough to get myself irons and Edel wedges and putter.  Haha.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

On April 28, 2016 at 9:50 PM, RFKFREAK said:

It's Wednesday.

How come we don't have an update?! :whistle:

Your wedges and putter look great!  I'm very envious and wish I were liquid enough to get myself irons and Edel wedges and putter.  Haha.

First round with it, I had a hard time getting a feel for the greens but the greens had just been punched and sanded right before I played.  Second round, which was today, was much better, although the greens were also punched and sanded.  Will be nice when I can play on a normal green.  But after two rounds, it is going well.

• Upvote 1

-Jerry

Today's round at Championsgate National Course went well.  42-36-78 Greens were in really good shape and I only had 1 three putt which was from 70 feet.  Can't wait to play with this for years.

-Jerry

Played Championsgate International Golf Coirse today, no three putts, must be the Edel putter

• Upvote 1

-Jerry

2 hours ago, jsgolfer said:

Played Championsgate International Golf Coirse today, no three putts, must be the Edel putter

Nicely done, sir.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

• 2 months later...

I was just fit for an Edel putter this morning.  The fitting is great...very analytical, one step at a time.  The only part that was tough for me was determining the weights required for proper distance control.  My stroke itself is still so inconsistent that it was tough to evaluate, but I think I got the best combo (of head/grip weighting) for me.

I can't wait for it to show up.  My old putter had me aiming off to the right (and then "pulling" puts unconsciously to compensate), so I'm excited to try it out.  I wanted something very minimalist in the stampings...all paint fill one color, and nothing on the face (other than the dots).

- John

Note: This thread is 2797 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!