IGNORED

2016 World Golf Championships-Dell Match Play Discussion Thread

nevets88
Note: This thread is 2942 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

28 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

He hit the rock wall on his downswing, kind of surprised he didn't do some practice swings to ensure he was clear of the rock wall.  

He said he did make some practice swings, but he drops his hands during his real swing and just didn't account for that enough.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

22 minutes ago, jamo said:

He said he did make some practice swings, but he drops his hands during his real swing and just didn't account for that enough.

I think that's what these announcers were getting at. It really hurts looking at the DTL view.

Always hear about US content not being available in the international market. This is US content, rebroadcasted overseas, not available in the US.

Screen Shot 2016-03-25 at 2.18.49 PM.png

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

1 hour ago, jamo said:

I thought only us high cappers had practice swings that don't resemble our real swings.  

Joe Paradiso

So far this is a dream come true for NBC. McIlroy and Day advance. Spieth looks to be in good shape to advance. Zach Johnson's in. A few more big names have a good shot to advance, including Bubba and DJ. This might be the best Sweet 16 the Match Play will ever produce. McIlroy gonna have a tough time with Zach Johnson tomorrow, though.

Edited by ChrisP

I'm a fan of Snedeker, so I'm happy to see he advanced.  I'm a fan of Day too, but I like rooting for the underdog.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Reed crushed Phil in the Callaway battle.  Phil looked off today.  I'm not overly impressed with this course.  

Joe Paradiso

Just now, ChrisP said:

I follow golf almost as much as anyone, but I've never heard of Patton Kizzire. Is he a rookie that had some nice tournaments in the offseason to get him into the top 64?

Tied 2nd at the Shriners.

Tied 4th at Sandersons Farms'

Tied 8th at the Farmers

Tied 26th at the Honda.

That's since Oct last year.

1 hour ago, ChrisP said:

I follow golf almost as much as anyone, but I've never heard of Patton Kizzire. Is he a rookie that had some nice tournaments in the offseason to get him into the top 64?

If you don't know who Patton Kizzire is. Then you don't follow golf as much as anyone

7 hours ago, newtogolf said:

He hit the rock wall on his downswing, kind of surprised he didn't do some practice swings to ensure he was clear of the rock wall.  

I was watching when this happened. He took a bunch of practice swings before trying this. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

4 hours ago, Natural Patrick said:

If you don't know who Patton Kizzire is. Then you don't follow golf as much as anyone

You must have missed the word "almost"

6 hours ago, Scotsclaff said:

Tied 2nd at the Shriners.

Tied 4th at Sandersons Farms'

Tied 8th at the Farmers

Tied 26th at the Honda.

That's since Oct last year.

Thanks. I don't follow really any of the tournaments during football season so the finishes at Shriners and Sanderson went completely by me but those helped him get the slot in the Match Play no doubt.

13 hours ago, newtogolf said:

Reed crushed Phil in the Callaway battle.  Phil looked off today.  I'm not overly impressed with this course.  

Some of the holes look to be challenging a fun. But I agree that others are pretty mundane. They do have a lot of steep drop off hazards that are ball eaters. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 2942 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!