IGNORED

Presidential Race 2016

iacas
Note: This thread is 2839 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Who do you want to see as our next President?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you vote for as our next President?

• Hillary Clinton (D)
    • Bernie Sanders (D)
    • Donald Trump (R)
    • Ted Cruz (R)

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Personally, I think we need a shake-up, a bloodless revolution. Just don't think Trump or Cruz  or Bernie is the guy we need doing it. Tough decisions, tough time ... wish we could have done more since '92.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

The best thing about Masters Week is this thread got really quiet. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Just now, boogielicious said:

Exactly what I was thinking.  In the end we'd all rather talk about golf over politics.  :beer:

Joe Paradiso

2 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I know how to shake things up:

I recently read that Trump is a VERY slow player.  Discuss. :-P

Just now, Golfingdad said:

You had to start some trouble didn't you...  

Joe Paradiso

14 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

I read that:

Cruz takes 12 ft gimmies for birdie,
Sanders use his footwedge way too much,
Kasich is so bland everyone forgets his in the 4some,
And of course
Hillary hits from the Ladies tees!

Edited by Elmer

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

2 hours ago, Elmer said:

I read that:

And of course

I heard Sanders doesn't play he just posts the scores that better players achieve and Hillary definitely plays from the Mens tees, it's Bill who plays from the Ladies (never pass up an opportunity to hook up).  

Joe Paradiso

8 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

He's just very slow .... ;-).   

8 hours ago, Elmer said:

I read that:

And of course

I'd think Cruz lies about his score the most.  Sanders will try to averages his score with the group's best score.   Kasich would care the least about his score.   Hilary's score can't be trusted - everyone must count her score carefully.   Trump will ban everyone from beating him.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

• 2 weeks later...

Cruz and Kasich openly teaming up to stop Trump. 

These guys are getting desperate now. This is starting to get somewhat sad. The voters have clearly chosen their candidate yet the establishment is refusing to accept a Trump nomination. The GOP truly has a death wish. 

I believe they have now written their own obituary. They are insulting the intelligence of the voters now. 

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/24/politics/ted-cruz-john-kasich-join-forces-to-stop-donald-trump/

Ted Cruz and John Kasich are joining forces in a last-ditch effort to deny Donald Trump the Republican presidential nomination.

Within minutes of each other, the pair issued statements late Sunday saying they will divide their efforts in upcoming contests with Cruz focusing on Indiana and Kasich devoting his efforts to Oregon and New Mexico. The strategy -- something the two campaigns have been working on for weeks -- is aimed at blocking Trump from gaining the 1,237 delegates necessary to claim to GOP nomination this summer.

- Mark

To be fair Trump is still 380 plus delegates away from the nomination, no reason to accept him as anything but the frontrunner at this point. I don't agree with what they are trying to do but maneuvering to preserve their own stake in the race is what candidates do.

Dave :-)

28 minutes ago, Braivo said:

I believe they have now written their own obituary. They are insulting the intelligence of the voters now. 

This is the race to win the right to become the chosen one for the GOP. Just because the voters do not know how the private entity that is the GOP set up the rules then that is their problem. If these guys think they rather wine and dine their delegates at a contested convention then that is a viable strategy. 

It's not insulting the intelligence of the voter if the voters don't have a fricken clue as to what is going on. Do a little homework for once voters. 

No where does it say that the GOP Candidate shall be elected by a popular vote. People get stuck up on that they think their votes are absolute when they are not if they actually read the rules. There's no chivalry in politics. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

4 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

This is the race to win the right to become the chosen one for the GOP. Just because the voters do not know how the private entity that is the GOP set up the rules then that is their problem. If these guys think they rather wine and dine their delegates at a contested convention then that is a viable strategy. 

It's not insulting the intelligence of the voter if the voters don't have a fricken clue as to what is going on. Do a little homework for once voters. 

No where does it say that the GOP Candidate shall be elected by a popular vote. People get stuck up on that they think their votes are absolute when they are not if they actually read the rules. There's no chivalry in politics. 

I am speaking from a PR or psychological stance. Voters know the rules, otherwise they'd have no clue as to why Cruz and Kasich are even still in the race. 

My point is that voters for Cruz and Kasich knew they were basically casting an "anti-Trump" vote, they didn't need to be openly told that was the case. Cruz and Kasich show very poor understanding of human psychology by openly announcing an alliance. If they wanted to do this they should have kept it quiet. This move only helps Trump because it looks dirty. Americans like winners who win fair and square. They'll smell the fish on this one and probably not change their vote, or may just stay home. 

- Mark

2 minutes ago, Braivo said:

I am speaking from a PR or psychological stance. Voters know the rules, otherwise they'd have no clue as to why Cruz and Kasich are even still in the race. 

They probably don't for the most part. I doubt most GOP voters know about the 2nd ballet votes and what a contested convention is until it became a possibility this year.

I would bet they just thought those with most delegates get's the nomination. It would be interesting to poll voters now and ask them if they know what 2nd ballot voting is. 

6 minutes ago, Braivo said:

My point is that voters for Cruz and Kasich knew they were basically casting an "anti-Trump" vote, they didn't need to be openly told that was the case. Cruz and Kasich show very poor understanding of human psychology by openly announcing an alliance. If they wanted to do this they should have kept it quiet. This move only helps Trump because it looks dirty. Americans like winners who win fair and square. They'll smell the fish on this one and probably not change their vote, or may just stay home. 

Maybe. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

It's not exactly a defying the will of the voters issue either. Some of the states Trump "won" had turnouts in the low thousands.

Dave :-)

15 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

They probably don't for the most part. I doubt most GOP voters know about the 2nd ballet votes and what a contested convention is until it became a possibility this year.

I would bet they just thought those with most delegates get's the nomination. It would be interesting to poll voters now and ask them if they know what 2nd ballot voting is. 

Maybe. 

But, isn't that how it SHOULD go? Most delegates gets the nomination and just go from there? The fact that there are ways around that is just disconcerting, as if we needed any more reason to distrust political workings.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Trump is likely going to win the popular vote. . .

I'm not sure he'll "win" the election because of the "politics" and all the other criminal activity the incumbent career politicians are going to play, but who knows? :-D

25 minutes ago, Braivo said:

Not just looks, this is the type of thing that the anti-corruption officials are trying to eliminate in China. If this succeeds I predict that even China will have a cleaner government than ours in 4 years. :whistle:

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

17 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Maybe. 

Most Kasich voters, from what I can tell, don't like Ted Cruz. I think they'd have a hard time switching their vote, especially in Indiana where they are familiar with Kasich. 

12 minutes ago, Dave2512 said:

It's not exactly a defying the will of the voters issue either. Some of the states Trump "won" had turnouts in the low thousands.

Some of the many, many states he's won. How was turnout in NY where he won big? How about the 8.7m voters who have cast a vote for Trump so far. This is a weak argument. Trump has more delegates, by far, and more popular vote. He will come out ahead in each at the end of the day. It's looking likely that he will hit 1237 even with the collusion of Kasich and Cruz. 

If Cruz were winning with the numbers Trump has right now they'd be calling him the presumptive nominee. 

- Mark

Note: This thread is 2839 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!