IGNORED

Presidential Race 2016

iacas
Note: This thread is 3021 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Who do you want to see as our next President?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you vote for as our next President?

• Hillary Clinton (D)
    • Bernie Sanders (D)
    • Donald Trump (R)
    • Ted Cruz (R)

7 minutes ago, Braivo said:

They only found that he hadn't yet written the checks. How much money did other candidates raise for veterans? Perhaps Jeb! could have donated the $100m spend on his lousy campaign to a better cause. 

Right....that's what he was criticized for, not sending the money he said he and others had donated.  :hmm:

No arguments on Jeb's campaign, what a waste.  However, I do find it odd that the guy who sought so many deferments from the draft (Trump) will so easily mock a veteran's service (John McCain).

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, Braivo said:

If I felt Donald Trump was a racist I would not support him. I see zero evidence from his 30-40 yrs in the public spotlight that indicates he is racist, or sexist, at all. 

He has said that a judge born in Indiana could not be impartial because of his Mexican heritage.  That's not racist?  Really?

I don't know that he's sexist but he definitely exhibits a certain level of, if not outright misogyny, objectification of women.  He called a former Miss Universe contestant "Miss Piggy" after she gained some weight.  He said, of Carly Fiorina "Look at that face!  Who would vote for that?"    On the creepy side, he went a little far once when talking about his own daughter.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 minutes ago, krupa said:

He has said that a judge born in Indiana could not be impartial because of his Mexican heritage.  That's not racist?  Really?

Not saying it is or isn't racist, but what does being born in Indiana have to do with anything. Plenty of people born here allow their heritage to influence their behavior and decision making.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

7 minutes ago, Jeremie Boop said:

Not saying it is or isn't racist, but what does being born in Indiana have to do with anything. Plenty of people born here allow their heritage to influence their behavior and decision making.

True.  I guess I was just stressing the fact that he wasn't born in Mexico.

7 minutes ago, Jeremie Boop said:

It could be anywhere in the USA. my guess is Trump also hasn't done his HW on this judge who has a pretty impressive career. Spent time in protective custody for his work to keep drugs from Mexico OUT of our country and having cartel's put hits out on him. This guy is more a patriot than Trump through his actions.

Driver: Taylormade R15 10.5 Rogue Silver 70S  3 Wood: Krank Formula 6 Aldila Tour Blue 80S  3H: Mizuno Jpx825  Irons: 4-PW,AW: Taylormade Rsi1  Wedge: Callaway 56 MD3 Putter: Ping Cadence TR Anser 2 Heavy

18 minutes ago, krupa said:

Mexican is not a race.

- Mark

Just now, StevenR84 said:

It could be anywhere in the USA. my guess is Trump also hasn't done his HW on this judge who has a pretty impressive career. Spent time in protective custody for his work to keep drugs from Mexico OUT of our country and having cartel's put hits out on him. This guy is more a patriot than Trump through his actions.

My point was, and is, that regardless of where the person is born, their heritage can and does influence their decisions and thought process. It's completely possible that someone born here could allow their heritage cause them to be unable to be impartial. That's not to say that this Judge is someone who would have any trouble doing that, just that it's a valid thing to consider.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

2 minutes ago, Braivo said:

Mexican is not a race.

So only truly overt racism based on the textbook definition of race counts?

41 minutes ago, Dave2512 said:

One thing that I am curious about regarding this thread going back to the locked Trump thread is many of the now pro Trump members weren't so hot on him a few months ago. I don't remember exactly who was supporting who but if you started this cycle as a Rand Paul or JEB supporter haven't you had to go through a lot of Ideological shape shifting to get from there to Trump.

I was a Cruz, Carson, or Carly guy, myself.  But as I told a gent on the golf course wearing a Trump hat the other day, "he wasn't my 1st choice but he's the only choice now."  That guy felt exactly as I do and I suspect many millions of others are in the same boat.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

1 minute ago, Jeremie Boop said:

My point was, and is, that regardless of where the person is born, their heritage can and does influence their decisions and thought process. It's completely possible that someone born here could allow their heritage cause them to be unable to be impartial. That's not to say that this Judge is someone who would have any trouble doing that, just that it's a valid thing to consider.

Then say it for every judge, every time. The problem is, you can't. If Trump has a white judge of similar background, is it safe to assume that judge cannot impartially judge him because of his similar heritage? Insert this example for every race,religion,background. It would bring the judicial system to a halt.

Driver: Taylormade R15 10.5 Rogue Silver 70S  3 Wood: Krank Formula 6 Aldila Tour Blue 80S  3H: Mizuno Jpx825  Irons: 4-PW,AW: Taylormade Rsi1  Wedge: Callaway 56 MD3 Putter: Ping Cadence TR Anser 2 Heavy

1 hour ago, StevenR84 said:

Then say it for every judge, every time. The problem is, you can't. If Trump has a white judge of similar background, is it safe to assume that judge cannot impartially judge him because of his similar heritage? Insert this example for every race,religion,background. It would bring the judicial system to a halt.

Great Point!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

3 hours ago, Braivo said:

Mexican is not a race.

:doh::doh::doh::doh:

3 hours ago, Gunther said:

I was a Cruz, Carson, or Carly guy, myself.  But as I told a gent on the golf course wearing a Trump hat the other day, "he wasn't my 1st choice but he's the only choice now."  That guy felt exactly as I do and I suspect many millions of others are in the same boat.

I wonder what the overall voter turn out will be this year. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

2 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

:doh::doh::doh::doh:

I wonder what the overall voter turn out will be this year. 

That's a great question, there's five months until the vote, which is a lot of time for both candidates to alienate or motivate voters.  It could set a record for the highest or lowest turnout ever for an election.  

Joe Paradiso

My thought is this election cycle boils down to Clinton who is now being backed by Obama, who will be the DC politics as usual coice. This includes some of the GOP big wigs. Or, Trump who might be the start of something better in DC politics. Trump may not be the right answer now, but he's a start in the right direction. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

3 hours ago, Braivo said:

Mexican is not a race.

Well,. It is usually one of the choices at the end of a job application form (usually it's a separate piece of paper).

Granted that the line between race and ethnicity is blurry, but again you can call it bigotry/racisim in the end isn't it the same thing?  Lets make America white (great) again.  :)

Here is from a website trying to deferentiate between race and ethnicity.

"Race relations" is one of the dominant themes in American politics from time to time, and refers to relationships between the major race groups — white, black, native American, Hispanic/Latino, "Asian," and others of mixed races."

Notice that Hispanic/Latino is mentioned as a race.. The way I see it is you are deflecting so that you don't have to engage in discussing DT racists/bigoted comments.  You just chose to do it in a strange way, as no one has come out to say the Mexican isn't a race other than your self.

9 minutes ago, Patch said:

My thought is this election cycle boils down to Clinton who is now being backed by Obama, who will be the DC politics as usual coice. This includes some of the GOP big wigs. Or, Trump who might be the start of something better in DC politics. Trump may not be the right answer now, but he's a start in the right direction. 

Change is a good thing, but with DT it always felt like the clown show to me.  Some how people are going for it, but give me more of the same instead of this ticking time bomb that you have no idea when he will go off..  I can see him getting upset because the Chinese don't do something he wants and then he curses them with some racist comment and sets back relations another 300 years.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

11 minutes ago, Abu3baid said:

Well,. It is usually one of the choices at the end of a job application form (usually it's a separate piece of paper).

Granted that the line between race and ethnicity is blurry, but again you can call it bigotry/racisim in the end isn't it the same thing?  Lets make America white (great) again.  :)

Here is from a website trying to deferentiate between race and ethnicity.

"Race relations" is one of the dominant themes in American politics from time to time, and refers to relationships between the major race groups — white, black, native American, Hispanic/Latino, "Asian," and others of mixed races."

Notice that Hispanic/Latino is mentioned as a race.. The way I see it is you are deflecting so that you don't have to engage in discussing DT racists/bigoted comments.  You just chose to do it in a strange way, as no one has come out to say the Mexican isn't a race other than your self.

Change is a good thing, but with DT it always felt like the clown show to me.  Some how people are going for it, but give me more of the same instead of this ticking time bomb that you have no idea when he will go off..  I can see him getting upset because the Chinese don't do something he wants and then he curses them with some racist comment and sets back relations another 300 years.

More of the same can be more dangerous in the long run, than what Trump may, or may not do in the short term. Myself, after dealing with career politicians fo 30 years before I retired, there needs to be a change at all levels of the current  political system. I won't vote for Clinton, which makes Trump my next best choice.  

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

At least Kasich isn't going to support Trump and good for him. 

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/09/politics/john-kasich-donald-trump/index.html

"Why would I feel compelled to support someone whose positions I kind of fundamentally disagree with?" he told Fox News.

A very valid point

"Mr. Trump called me and said, 'What are you going to do to support me?' and I said, 'We're like two companies. We have a difference vision, a different value system, and a different objective,' So its pretty hard to put that together," Kasich told Fox News' Bill Hemmer, referencing a conversation that occurred a couple weeks ago.

Way to point it into terms Trump can understand. I like how Trump presumes Kasich will just support him. 

"I've said from the beginning that if somebody came into Ohio and they were a divider, that they couldn't win the state. It's not on me as to how Donald Trump does in Ohio. It's on him," Kasich said. "If you're going to insult Hispanics, if you're going to turn off minorities, if you're going to, you know, have a reckless suggestions on foreign policy, that's not good."

Bingo!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Note: This thread is 3021 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!