IGNORED

Presidential Race 2016

iacas
Note: This thread is 2839 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Who do you want to see as our next President?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you vote for as our next President?

• Hillary Clinton (D)
    • Bernie Sanders (D)
    • Donald Trump (R)
    • Ted Cruz (R)

46 minutes ago, Braivo said:

I believe the truth is somewhere in the middle. He likely entered the race because it was a win-win for him. 

Does he have a genuine desire to make our country better? I believe he does. 

If he loses is he any worse off than he was before? Nope. Just more popular than ever. Business will be good.

He ran because there was no downside to him doing so. Even if he loses he has positioned his children to have political success in the future. If he wins, the same is true. 

Has this gotten further that he thought possible? Maybe. But I also don't think he would have run if he didn't think he could win. He had chances to run before but knew he couldn't win. This time there was an opening. 

Now, here he stands on the verge of being the Republican nominee and you know his sights are set on winning it all. The only thing stopping him from winning it all right now is the GOP establishment's insistence on using any means possible to try to stop in, destroying their party in the process. It is sad to watch grown men in power become so desperate, really. 

23 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

I think the letter from the Super Pac director is 100% accurate.  He entered the race to shake things up but his intent was to make a good showing, not win.  When the campaign started gaining support and momentum he realized there was potential there to win but he wasn't prepared to be POTUS and still isn't. 

He has shown a great amount of ignorance in many political issues.  His retorts and statements appeal to the common man who is angry at the establishment but has little insight to real foreign policy and politics.  Trump has consistently made statements off the cuff that were inaccurate, insensitive and / or impractical only to later on state a more, well thought out position.  This is consistent with someone who wasn't serious about winning and didn't make the effort to educate themselves about the real issues and underlying causes.  

I do believe he's now serious about winning and I still appreciate some of his positions now that he's had time to think them through and formulate a real approach (minus the worlds greatest wall).  His campaign should take away his Twitter password as the tweets he makes are often ignorant, such as the one that caused his super pac director to quit.  

It's one thing to send a message to the establishment, I for one love that they are squirming in their seats right now in fear of a Trump victory but we also have to live with this decision for four years. If Trump is going to get my vote he needs to show me between now and November that he can act Presidential, that he has an understanding of foreign policy, immigration, budget issues and our military.  Most importantly he needs to exhibit some self control and think through his tweets and statements and not immediately react as he has been.  

Yeah, I agree with you both.  It seems very plausible that his initial campaign was basically a lark, and then he was as surprised as anybody at just how popular he became.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Lugowskins said:

As someone who has never been very political at all and until this year I had never even voted. This was mostly because I've felt like every politician that runs for office seems to spout off the same bs making huge claims and saying they are for the people and change is coming when everyone and their sister knows exactly who's in their pocket and its all just for votes. I've never actually trusted a politician so I have never found one I felt deserved my vote when I don't believe in just trying to select from the lesser of 2 evils. This year has been very different for me with the emergence of Sanders for the first time I have someone I think is very genuine and cant be bought who I trust in completely. I'm all in with him and even if he doesn't win the Democratic nomination I will still be writing his name in in the election. Also on a slightly related note how much BS is the idea of the superdelegate? The more I find out about it the more it pisses me off I don't see why we cant go to a popular vote. Only reason I've seen is that it would be too "hard" to do. With the amount of technology today that's a piss poor excuse IMO.

Ha, you are in for a shocker when Bernie can't get any changes passed and can't give free university to all...

Bernie is no different than any other politician, you just like his "changes" more.

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

38 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

I do believe the Cruz infidelity story has some legs and Cruz is hoping to keep the details buried until after November.  I also believe Rubio leaked the story not Trump as there are past tweets from Rubio that indicates he knew something and he potentially gains the most from it.  

If Trump isn't the candidate that represents the Republicans, who is?  Kasich is too vanilla to beat Hillary or Bernie.  

According to the polling averages on RealClearPolitics, Kasich does better against both Democrats than Cruz or Trump.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/2016_presidential_race.html

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

19 hours ago, Fourputt said:

Yeah, I didn't even bother to look it up.  Still don't know what he means.

Spoiler

That is what happens when you willfully opt to stop learning. Ignorance sets in. It's unfortunate, but that's the price you pay.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

15 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:
  Reveal hidden contents

:-) Or, I just make up my own meaning. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

49 minutes ago, pumaAttack said:

Ha, you are in for a shocker when Bernie can't get any changes passed and can't give free university to all...

Bernie is no different than any other politician, you just like his "changes" more.

Not with this hair! :-D

BernieSanders.jpg

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

4 hours ago, Ernest Jones said:
  Reveal hidden contents

That is what happens when you willfully opt to stop learning. Ignorance sets in. It's unfortunate, but that's the price you pay.

What it shows to me is that I'm capable of spelling out what I write, and don't appreciate having to look things up from those who are too lazy to write properly.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

6 hours ago, boogielicious said:

:-) Or, I just make up my own meaning. 

1 hour ago, Fourputt said:

What it shows to me is that I'm capable of spelling out what I write, and don't appreciate having to look things up from those who are too lazy to write properly.

What are you guys on about? I thought what @Ernest Jones wrote was perfectly hilarious! :-D

I suppose it's primarily because I totally agree with what he wrote. :dance::beer::banana:

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

35 minutes ago, Lihu said:

What are you guys on about? I thought what @Ernest Jones wrote was perfectly hilarious! :-D

I suppose it's primarily because I totally agree with what he wrote. :dance::beer::banana:

Just having some fun. :-D

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Fourputt said:

Okay, then… why didn't you spell out "Colorado" in your location? Have you never typed "OB" or "GUR" in the Rules discussions? C'mon… it's an acronym. Pretty common one too.

I'll add FTFY to the acronyms so you can just hover over it from now on.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

57 minutes ago, iacas said:

Okay, then… why didn't you spell out "Colorado" in your location? Have you never typed "OB" or "GUR" in the Rules discussions? C'mon… it's an acronym. Pretty common one too.

I'll add FTFY to the acronyms so you can just hover over it from now on.

Spoiler

CO is a postal abbreviation, not an acronym.  The others I admit to using, usually only after I've already used the full phrase previously in the post.  They also happen to be commonly used golf abbreviations, used on a golf forum where most readers would be expected to know them.  With 5 new acronyms being coined daily by texting teens, I find it pretty much impossible to keep up, so I don't really bother.

I admit to being a curmudgeon, just comes with my seniority. :-P

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I'll be voting for Trump.  I want to see what someone that has some fiscal sense will do with our economy.  I thought his hand reference in the last debate was a little crude, but I agree with most everything else.  A little worried about his H1B stance.

Hitlery should be in prison for her numerous Whitewater crimes alone.  If you or I did 1/100 of what she did with those classified emails, we would be in prison for the rest of our lives.  It's not if her server was hacked, but when.  So many of these emails are so much higher than Top Secret.

Bernie is a commie.  What would he do to our economy.  Nuff said. 

Kasich is just another political hack and nothing would change.

I align most closely with Cruz politically, but he's a bit more moderate than I am.  Not sure about his tax plan either.  I would probably like his SCOTUS picks.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

7 hours ago, Fourputt said:
  Hide contents

CO is a postal abbreviation, not an acronym.  The others I admit to using, usually only after I've already used the full phrase previously in the post.  They also happen to be commonly used golf abbreviations, used on a golf forum where most readers would be expected to know them.  With 5 new acronyms being coined daily by texting teens, I find it pretty much impossible to keep up, so I don't really bother.

image.jpeg

Sorry, Rick. I'll get off your lawn now. 

:-D

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

9 hours ago, Fourputt said:
  Hide contents

Good to see you can smile about it....

Here is another one you might use "Hey kids, GOML!!"  I just made that one up...

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

43 minutes ago, 14ledo81 said:

Good to see you can smile about it....

Here is another one you might use "Hey kids, GOML!!"  I just made that one up...

GOML means Get on my level, :-)

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

1 hour ago, Jeremie Boop said:

GOML means Get on my level, :-)

Nice...  I guess the jokes on me..:-O

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

I saw the interview this morning. How anyone can continue to insist to vote for this clown is baffling to me. 
Refering to a assualt charge against his Campaign Manager by a reporter, Trump said:

"practically nothing happened."

She was "hardly even touched."

"Her face wasn’t that of a woman screaming in pain,"

And his response is to counter charge the reporter. How will he handle laws and incidents when he is POTUS.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/03/30/donald-trump-continues-to-stand-by-corey-lewandowskis-side/

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trump-threatens-legal-action-charge-campaign-manager/story?id=38024496

Furthermore, for those who insist he will make changes when he is POTUS, that all depends on what his opinion is for that day!

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/full-list-donald-trump-s-rapidly-changing-policy-positions-n547801

He keeps it up and he is antics are just giving Kaisch the GOP nomination 

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

16 minutes ago, Elmer said:

I saw the interview this morning. How anyone can continue to insist to vote for this clown is baffling to me. 
Refering to a assualt charge against his Campaign Manager by a reporter, Trump said:

"practically nothing happened."

She was "hardly even touched."

"Her face wasn’t that of a woman screaming in pain,"

And his response is to counter charge the reporter. How will he handle laws and incidents when he is POTUS.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/03/30/donald-trump-continues-to-stand-by-corey-lewandowskis-side/

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trump-threatens-legal-action-charge-campaign-manager/story?id=38024496

Furthermore, for those who insist he will make changes when he is POTUS, that all depends on what his opinion is for that day!

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/full-list-donald-trump-s-rapidly-changing-policy-positions-n547801

He keeps it up and he is antics are just giving Kaisch the GOP nomination 

In the video clip it looked like he held his hand out to avoid bumping into her. The now former reporter for Breitbart is likely politically motivated in her charges against him. :doh:

Compare that "event" with Cruz having multiple extra-marital affairs or Hilary with Whitewater and all the other potential crimes she's committed. Kaisch doesn't have a chance to win anything. He'd even lose to Sanders on a bad hair day.

This is really reaching, no grasping.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note: This thread is 2839 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!