Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
iacas

Adidas Golf #FreeTheKnee Shorts

Note: This thread is 1519 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

15 posts / 1878 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

So, a surprise gift arrived from Adidas the other day…

adidas1.jpg

I assumed when I opened them up, I'd find either shorts or some weird pants that had stretchy material or slits or something around the knee.

adidas2.jpg

This pretty much confirmed, naturally, that I would find some shorts inside. And I did:

adidas3.jpg

The grey ones are super slick and nice. The pink ones are the same, but not at all my style. The belt and socks just complete the package (the belt is nice, but the clamp will indent the rubber part pretty quickly).


I've always liked Adidas clothes. We wear their clothes almost exclusively, as the fit and feel has always felt great. I don't wear shorts often (I prefer to keep my legs in the shade beneath pants), but when I do, these have jumped to the top of my list. Well, two of the pair above, anyway. :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

So, a surprise gift arrived from Adidas the other day…

adidas1.jpg

I assumed when I opened them up, I'd find either shorts or some weird pants that had stretchy material or slits or something around the knee.

adidas2.jpg

This pretty much confirmed, naturally, that I would find some shorts inside. And I did:

adidas3.jpg

The grey ones are super slick and nice. The pink ones are the same, but not at all my style. The belt and socks just complete the package (the belt is nice, but the clamp will indent the rubber part pretty quickly).


I've always liked Adidas clothes. We wear their clothes almost exclusively, as the fit and feel has always felt great. I don't wear shorts often (I prefer to keep my legs in the shade beneath pants), but when I do, these have jumped to the top of my list. Well, two of the pair above, anyway. :-)

I'll take the pink pair!

Love Adidas shorts, they are so comfortable and fit great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, SavvySwede said:

Adidas is trying to give short shorts a comeback? Your average golfer does not have legs people need to see.

Maybe they really hope the PGA Tour will allow shorts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I, too, prefer pants. It means less skin in the sun, which is a good thing considering the amount of time I am spending in the sun now and plan to spend in the sun later in life. I also have legs hairy enough to belong to a gorilla, so I'm sure people would appreciate me wearing pants if they knew what lay underneath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

11 hours ago, SavvySwede said:

Adidas is trying to give short shorts a comeback? Your average golfer does not have legs people need to see.

The NBA is next!

short shorts.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I can't wear shorts that free the knee. Makes me feel like an 8 year old. Not rational I suppose, but it is what it is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, Ernest Jones said:

I can't wear shorts that free the knee. Makes me feel like an 8 year old. Not rational I suppose, but it is what it is. 

Granted, it's colder in Canada. So I see the benefit in protecting the knee caps from frostbite.:-P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Diversity is welcomed although at my age, I prefer longer shorts for sun protection. But I'm a guy who prefers to wear slacks until the temps hit 90+.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wow! I thought I was weird detesting the way my golf shorts would hang up on my knees and drag my shorts off my butt! Especially when putting and I would have to pull my "shorts legs" up off my knees!

But then, i also thought I was weird when I found myself missing the sound of true golf spikes clacking on concrete, and crunching in gravel, at a golf course. Turns out David Feherty feels exactly the same way!

Maybe I'm not so weird after all! Or maybe I am.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So what is the inseam? Picture doesn't make them look short. I always have some Adidas stuff but never liked their shorts, IME already shorter than others. The ones I have are cut low on the hip, baggy in the butt, tight in the thigh and shortish inseam 8" or so. It's not a good fit for me makes me look more pear shaped than I am.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just remembered something. Quite a few years ago I was invited to play at a local country club by a friend of mine who was a member. It was high Summer and hot as blazes. I checked with my friend who said shorts were OK, so I wore my best pair. From AJAY, Arnold Palmer's company.

The club had a rule that shorts must be a certain length, and the starter was giving me grief about mine! I understand they don't want you mincing around in a thong, but this guy was ridiculous! We were talking about a half and inch!  I finally had to flip the waistband over and show him the logo. Would Arnie's company make a pair of shorts that weren't suitable for a golf course? He finally relented.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1519 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...