IGNORED

Obama - Winner or Loser

Ernest Jones
Note: This thread is 2917 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Has Obama, on the whole, been a Good President?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Has Obama, on the whole, been a Good President?

On 4/1/2016 at 1:55 PM, rkim291968 said:

I am benefiting from ACA.   Without it, our premium would have been a lot more. 

You are most certainly in the minority.  I know many who have less coverage, pay more and have a higher deductible... And it's only gonna get worse if not repealed.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, BigUnit68 said:

You are most certainly in the minority.  I know many who have less coverage, pay more and have a higher deductible... And it's only gonna get worse if not repealed.

Healthcare is always going up. Since no one has an alternative to ACA, why not correct the act? But the darn thing is like the stepchild everyone likes to abuse. No one talks about solving the problem. The root problem is not the ACA, although it needs amendment, the problem is our health chare system. Start there and then have a system for its customers.

The GOP has already weakened the act. The ACA was a deal between insurance and gov't. We bring more people in, you hold the line on health care costs to an extent, you have minimal care, you have better copay, and we will help you with losses. Well, the GOP started stripping away this deal by cutting the promised subsidies. So the GOP, while having no solutions or alternatives is killing the only healthcare we presently have. It's passive-aggressive behavior. Why not solve the problem??

As to Obama  - winner. In less than a year, he can leave and not work again for the rest of his life other than give speeches and his opinions, and get paid. Nice.

Edited by Mr. Desmond

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 11:48 AM, Ernest Jones said:

To all you guys that seem to think Obama is a disaster.

Can you explain to me why?  Unemployment is down, the deficit is down, you have healthcare now, the stock market is up, gas prices are down, etc, etc

Outside of the US, many are proclaiming him to be one of greatest US Presidents ever. I don't know enough to understand how those two points of view can co-exist. Can one of you show me where Obama has proven to be such a monumental a failure? Really curious, because all I've really heard to shore up the "Obama is a disaster" narrative has been redneck stupidity. I'm open to hearing from one of the "smart" Obama detractors.

The deficit is the highest it has ever been.  http://www.usdebtclock.org/  Gas prices have NOTHING to do with President Obama.  They are purely driven by Saudi Arabia and other countries trying to undercut the oil price because they were seeing market share slip due mainly to U.S. oil production, despite the present administrations hostility towards oil and gas ventures.  Government sponsored healthcare is viewed by many as a failure and an attempt to socialize medicine. I can only guess by the number of  Canadians that come to the U.S. for health care that many of them agree that Government sponsored health care is not a good idea.  The government does not generate jobs in the private sector, and their "shovel ready" works projects proved to be a bust.

In my bag: Cobra Bio Cell 10.5º driver ;  Cobra Bio Cell 3w;  Mizuno MP H4 3 - PW;  Mizuno MP T4 52º GW, 56º SW, 60º LW
Favorite ball Titleist Pro-V
One HIO....LUCK.

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 11:51 AM, Ernest Jones said:

EDIT* I thought about adding a poll, but then realized that that would just be troll bait. All the red necks would vote that Obama Sux and then run away without providing any substance.

You really provided no substance to the points you tried to make when posting..........................most of which were wrong or specious at best.

In my bag: Cobra Bio Cell 10.5º driver ;  Cobra Bio Cell 3w;  Mizuno MP H4 3 - PW;  Mizuno MP T4 52º GW, 56º SW, 60º LW
One HIO....LUCK.

28 minutes ago, metbid said:

The deficit is the highest it has ever been.  http://www.usdebtclock.org/  

The deficit is most certainly not the highest it has ever been. It's down substantially from 2009 (which Democrats will tell you is the last year that should be attributed to President Bush) and down subtly from 2008 (which Republicans will tell you is the last year that should be attributed to President Bush). 

In terms of real-world change in the national debt (because there are slightly different ways to calculate deficit and real-world change to the national debt), 2015 was the best year since 2001:

U.S._Total_Deficits_vs._National_Debt_In

The debt is the highest it's ever been. 

Gas prices have NOTHING to do with President Obama.  They are purely driven by Saudi Arabia and other countries trying to undercut the oil price because they were seeing market share slip due mainly to U.S. oil production, despite the present administrations hostility towards oil and gas ventures.

Sure. We all know that. But every single presidential candidate since the 70s has promised to lower the price of gas. In recent history, a big part of Newt Gingrich's campaign in 2012 was that he'd get gas down to $2.50, which Democrats derided him for as being overly optimistic. It's now below $2.00 here in oil-poor and liberal Connecticut. 

The government does not generate jobs in the private sector, and their "shovel ready" works projects proved to be a bust.

My favorite difference between the 2012 and 2016 elections are that, in 2012, both Romney and Obama said in debates that the federal government cannot create jobs, and has never created jobs, while literally every candidate running in 2016 is promising to create jobs. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

3 minutes ago, jamo said:

The debt is the highest it's ever been.  The deficit is most certainly not the highest it has ever been.

Ok, potatoes, potahtoes...The reason the deficit is lower is because the debt is higher to offset the increased spending, making the deficit lower.  One thing I do not do is place all the blame on President Obama, it is purely on big government and ANYBODY that promotes it.  Increased spending by the Federal Government is the real crisis.  Could you borrow to the hilt, then go borrow more to make your debt to equity look better?

One HIO....LUCK.

1 hour ago, metbid said:

Ok, potatoes, potahtoes...The reason the deficit is lower is because the debt is higher to offset the increased spending, making the deficit lower.  One thing I do not do is place all the blame on President Obama, it is purely on big government and ANYBODY that promotes it.  Increased spending by the Federal Government is the real crisis.  Could you borrow to the hilt, then go borrow more to make your debt to equity look better?

Wait until interest rates go up and see what happens to the debt and the deficit.  

As for oil prices, they could be even lower if Obama would approve the Keystone XL pipeline.  He's had zero influence over the price of oil in a positive way, that's been a fight between SA and the rest of the world where SA thought they could undercut the other countries oil companies into bankruptcy so they could drive the prices back up.  Problem is the other oil companies already had made the investment and rather than stop pumping they stored the oil to weather the price drop.    

Joe Paradiso

Worst president ever.  Hands down.  Used to be Carter.  I can't think of anything positive he has done.  His mission was to weaken the country and he tried his best.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

5 minutes ago, vangator said:

His mission was to weaken the country and he tried his best.

Why would a US president want to weaken his country!

:hmm:

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

10 hours ago, vangator said:

Worst president ever.  Hands down.  Used to be Carter.  I can't think of anything positive he has done.  His mission was to weaken the country and he tried his best.

I can think of a few that were far worse. Buchanan (policies led us into the Civil War), Hoover (policies led us into the Great Depression, WH Harrison (died after too long inauguration speech). Carter was ineffective for sure but nothing like these guys.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

10 hours ago, Ernest Jones said:

Why would a US president want to weaken his country!

:hmm:

I'm repeating this simply because @vangator's post is a perfect example of the type of vague outrage that prompted this thread. 

So, @vangator, two questions:

1. Why do feel he is the Worst President Ever? 
  2. You state rather categorically, that Obama's mission was to weaken the country. That sounds like a pretty ludicrous statement to me. So my question is: Why on God's green earth, would a US President intentionally weaken his own country???? 

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Yep, took an economy on the dumps, a mission he did not want, and instead of Euro Austerity, from which they are still recovering, chooses an FDR kind of spending plan, job creation increases every month, stock market goes through the roof, saves us auto industry, and then tries to do somehting about health care, get us mostly out of ME quagmire created by Bush and into a smaller footprint situation since sending troops in will only create more of our deaths for nothing when another power vacuum is created and another religious faction arises -- he recognizes that there is no solution to the ME unless we administer the entire region or we ask them to get their act together. He chooses to let them get their act together -diplomacy; can't do anything at home as to business recovery because the GOP thinks he might get positive credit so they sabotage the recovery ...

Obama has several issues, but the biggest problem for this country was ... I'd opine as the worst Congress ever (in the last 50 years at least).

Obama - smart dude but hesistant, and surprisingly non-communicative

Congress - the pits - nothing good here.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

12 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:

I'm repeating this simply because @vangator's post is a perfect example of the type of vague outrage that prompted this thread. 

So, @vangator, two questions:

1. Why do feel he is the Worst President Ever? 
  2. You state rather categorically, that Obama's mission was to weaken the country. That sounds like a pretty ludicrous statement to me. So my question is: Why on God's green earth, would a US President intentionally weaken his own country???? 

U.S politics has done away with gentleman's disagreement. If someone doesn't agree with you they are an evil saboteur that never earned anything they got.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

7 minutes ago, GRK5under said:

All that really tells me is that you have google. I can probably pull up an equal amount of articles from equally reputable sources that demonstrate how great his presidency has been. I wouldn't put much stock in those articles either, it's all spin, the direction of the spin depends on how the author sees Obama. I don't want to read articles that you have read, I want to hear what YOU think and why.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

I agree with Ernest.  Some time in the future people will realize what Obama has accomplished with an opposing party determined to stop him at every turn.

11 minutes ago, ppine said:

I agree with Ernest.  Some time in the future people will realize what Obama has accomplished with an opposing party determined to stop him at every turn.

Thanks, but I'm a Canadian, so my position is very much outside looking in. I don't know enough about the US to really have firm position. This thread was more about trying get a better understanding.  Some posters have been helpful with insightful posts. Others have just shouted OBAMA BAD or OBAMA GREAT and take off running. Seems to me if you are on one of those polar opposites you should be able to express your reasons for feeling that way in your own words. Very few seem to be capable of doing so.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

How can some folks say that Obama is the worst ever POTUS?   Did they already forget Bush Jr.?    When Bush was leaving office, the overwhelming general consensus was that he was one of the worst presidents in US history.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Note: This thread is 2917 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!