IGNORED

Obama - Winner or Loser

Ernest Jones
Note: This thread is 2909 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Has Obama, on the whole, been a Good President?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Has Obama, on the whole, been a Good President?

2 hours ago, Lefty-Golfer said:

Ronnie gets a C- and Jimmy Cater get C....you lose any and all creditability with that statement. Not even Democrats (at least the few with common sense that I do hang out with) agree with that.

What would Reagan do?? jeez he is exactly what this country needs again!!

Obama is the worst of my life time and probably the worst since FDR!

Reagan is exactly what we don't need. From Jan 1981 to Jan 1989 in addition to the Iran-Contra Scandal, he had the dubious honor of adding 190% or $1.7 trillion to the federal debt over his 8 years. Most of it due to increased military spending + tax cuts for the wealthy. 

The size of the government and the size of the nation was smaller then, too. The population was 226 million. Today it is 324 million.

I do hope that the GOP does continue to block Obama's current SCOTUS nominee. The more I've looked at his record the less I've liked him. If we want to take a step back and keep special interests from running our politicians this man is not the way to go. 

Honestly I don't see much difference between Obama and the Republicans of the 1990s and early 2000s except on social issues. Well look at the bright side... we could have had Vice President Sarah Palin in the running for the presidential nomination right now, and probably doing quite well. Seated VPs usually are shoo ins for the nomination. lol. 

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, DrvFrShow said:

Reagan is exactly what we don't need.

sure great comment.  we don't need a leader, a motivator, a guy who brought the country together, a guy who could work with the other side (tip o'neil) ... Reagan by todays standards would be a moderate and a great one!  He is exactly what we need

oh and he had the presence and the balls to be a world leader, he never bowed before a some middle eastern prince, he never cowered to Iran, he led the final defeat of Soviet Union....the list goes on.

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

19 minutes ago, Lefty-Golfer said:

sure great comment.  we don't need a leader, a motivator, a guy who brought the country together, a guy who could work with the other side (tip o'neil) ... Reagan by todays standards would be a moderate and a great one!  He is exactly what we need

oh and he had the presence and the balls to be a world leader, he never bowed before a some middle eastern prince, he never cowered to Iran, he led the final defeat of Soviet Union....the list goes on.

He also decimated the middle class and destroyed the American Dream with his trickle down economics bullshit and all out attacks on the working people of America. **** Reagan. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

40 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:

He also decimated the middle class and destroyed the American Dream with his trickle down economics bullshit and all out attacks on the working people of America. **** Reagan. 

Eh?

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

The middle class was taking a hit way before Reagan. you might want to reign in your foreign knowledge here ;). You just don't like Reagan because he hammered the unions :-P. The decrease was pretty linear till about 1992. 

CPSCharticle_fig3.png

It was dive bombing during Nixon's, Fords' and Carter's terms before it hit Reagan. The biggest drop happened in 1992. It has flattened out over the past decade. I could see the mid to low 40's as the floor for this curve. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

2 hours ago, Lefty-Golfer said:

Before you canonize him, he did make a number of mistakes, some of which were impeachable. He did some good things. We got the good with the bad. But this thread is about the current POTUS.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Before you canonize him, he did make a number of mistakes, some of which were impeachable. He did some good things. We got the good with the bad. But this thread is about the current POTUS.

I don't like it when people think "impeaching" means "removing from office."

Clinton was impeached.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just now, iacas said:

I don't like it when people think "impeaching" means "removing from office."

Clinton was impeached.

Spoiler

I know what impeach means Erik. Andrew Johnson was also impeached. Tip O'Neill chose not to go through with impeachment proceeding with Pres. Reagan because he felt it would hurt the country. Selling arms to Iran was an impeachable offense.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
2 hours ago, boogielicious said:
  Hide contents

I know what impeach means Erik. Andrew Johnson was also impeached. Tip O'Neill chose not to go through with impeachment proceeding with Pres. Reagan because he felt it would hurt the country. Selling arms to Iran was an impeachable offense.

I didn't say you didn't.

I simply used your use of the word to mention a pet peeve.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

I didn't say you didn't.

I simply used your use of the word to mention a pet peeve.

:-)

Scott

My Swing Thread

• 3 weeks later...

If you want facts and reality, along with regrets, here is  a must-read article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/01/magazine/president-obama-weighs-his-economic-legacy.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=photo-spot-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

In September 2008 — as Lehman Brothers filed for bankruptcy and AIG, the world’s biggest insurance company, accepted a federal bailout — Senator John McCain of Arizona, in what was widely viewed as a political move, suspended his presidential campaign and called on Obama to rush back to Washington for a bipartisan meeting at the White House. Obama recalled the moment: “I still remember Bush calling me and saying, ‘Look, I doubt this is going to be particularly useful, but I felt obliged to say yes, and I hope you can come.’ ”

The next day Obama found himself in the Cabinet Room just down the hall from the Oval Office, along with McCain and congressional leaders from both parties. Henry M. Paulson Jr., the Treasury secretary, was developing a bank bailout by which the Treasury would buy up to $700 billion in shaky mortgage-backed securities — “troubled assets” — a plan that eventually became the Troubled Asset Relief Program, or TARP. He needed votes, and Republicans weren’t going for it. Nobody wanted to be seen as a friend of the banks.

“We’re sitting around a table, McCain is on one side, I’m on the other, Bernanke and Paulson and President Bush,” Obama recalled. “Paulson says, ‘If we don’t take action now, we could go into a free fall.’ And given how bad the politics were, it was still very tempting for Nancy and Harry” — that is, the House speaker, Nancy Pelosi, and the Senate majority leader, Harry Reid — “to let the Republicans do what they needed to do.”

Many within Bush’s own party were supporting an alternative bill that was focused on mortgage-­asset insurance and tax cuts. But Obama, convinced that anything short of a major bailout could lead to economic catastrophe, said Democrats should back Paulson’s plan. They did.

It was a rare moment of bipartisanship, with long-term political consequences.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

1 hour ago, Mr. Desmond said:

If you want facts and reality, along with regrets, here is  a must-read article:

NY Times requires a subscription. :whistle:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

35 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

NY Times requires a subscription. :whistle:

At one time they allowed the first 20 articles as free.

A good read about the limits of what a President can do, what he tried to do in the first two years, the choices he had to make - more infrastructure spending or healthcare - healthcare won, austerity and why we'd still be reeling from more unemployment, that the 2011 bargain/no bargain deal eventually lowered spending, that after 2010 he could do nothing in terms of legislation, that healthcare allowed people who only stayed in jobs for healthcare, to leave, that it's ironic that the battery plant he was visiting was helped by the infusion of cash from the government but was owned by a French Co with foreign patents, that because of robots, instead of 1000 employees, it had only 300, that its profits would go overseas - and that is the result of globalization, that today's employee will always have insecurity and be ready for retraining because of globalization, and that he did a poor job of messaging the American people about our economic progress and allowed the opposition to paint all as gloom and doom, that if someone had told them where they'd be now in 2009, they'd be estatic, and that part of the problem is that much of the populace has not seen the benefits of the recovery. Lots of backstory (which we tend to forget), sober thinking, analysis, and plenty of responsibility to spread around.

Edited by Mr. Desmond

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

5 hours ago, Mr. Desmond said:

I trust the NYT about as much as you trust Fox.-Not at all.

So you are still trying to keep up the I-really-am-a-Republican act huh?

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

I'm a little surprised that Obama is pro-TPP. I'm not sure I understand how any sovereign nation can be pro-TPP. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Saw someone on one of the cable news shows this AM say that while Obama wasn't perfect it could have sucked a lot more without him.

Really hard for me to ever get a real idea if a POTUS is good or bad. With 24 hour news saying my guys are great yours are putting the country in he shitter most of what we hear has to be taken with a pile of salt. In CO the recovery has been strong, like out of control strong. Somewhere else people may be struggling. I can't judge based on accomplishments because the name of the game has been lets block the other guy for so long it's amazing anything gets done. Most of the posturing from the elected seems to be an attempt to convince the base they are keeping it real while making backroom deals.

Dave :-)

2 hours ago, Phil McGleno said:

I trust the NYT about as much as you trust Fox.-Not at all.

So you are still trying to keep up the I-really-am-a-Republican act huh?

NYT is the #1 newspaper in the World. It has moderate and liberal columnists. Haven't seen any extreme right wingers in the Opinion columns. It also has many great articles on sports, health, the arts, science, etc. I don't watch Fox or CNN or MSNBC much except for breaking news.

I am not a member of either party. On social issues, I lean more to the left. On economic issues, I lean more to the right. I don't believe either party gets to the core of issues that will resolve issues. Too many band-aids, and too much animosity. Up until 2000, I voted for the GOP Presidential candidate - from 1976-96. In 2000, I did not think GWB was ready and afterwards, the GOP, imho, went Evangelical and Far Right, and I don't favor their obstructionism. You've got to work together to make progress.

Edited by Mr. Desmond

Note: This thread is 2909 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!