IGNORED

How much time do you spend golfing?

AnalogAG
Note: This thread is 5994 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I hear this a lot, everytime one of these types of threads get discussed.

My post was not "too serious". More than me feeling guilty is my wife feeling mad

If I spend a lot of time golfing she has to spend a lot of time minding the kids.

In my Bag:

Big Bertha 460 11* Driver
Big Bertha 3 Wood
Staff Hybrid 21* Staff Hybrid 24* Big Bertha 08 5-SW Irons Lob Wedge Vokey Oil Can 60* Newport 2 Studio Style Putter Balls

My post was not "too serious". More than me feeling guilty is my wife feeling mad

I get that kind of "guilt" myself sometimes from the wife.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Maybe I should'nt post this but, from spring thru fall I will play at lest 18 holes five days a week, Mon-Fri and some times on the weekends. I'm retired and work at a golf course so my golf is free there. I also belong at two other courses and play them also. somedays I play 18 at one course and meet other friends to play 18 on another course the same day.
During the summer I play so much I don't have time to practice and pars of the game seem to get away from me. During the winter I'll hit balls a couple of times a week then go Bowling. I was never this busy when I was working full time.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

I hear this a lot, everytime one of these types of threads get discussed.

I too cannot understand the guilt trip thing. Thankfully, my wife doesn't mind that I like to golf and work on my game(about 3 time a week).

My wife loves to shop, that is, she loves the process of shopping and not necessarily buying anything. This of course, takes a lot of time...but, I would NEVER make her feel guilty about doing this, even though I personally don't like to shop in this manner. I also have an understanding that she likes to do this, and when we are on a trip I will take her to shops/flea markets etc.... but she also will let me golf(something she doesn't really have an interest in)... a compromise.

X-460 9.5* tour Driver/Fujikura stiff
X-15* tour 3 wood/Fujikura stiff
3DX 18.5* Hybrid/Aldila stiff
681 3-PW/Project X 6.0 (now in bag)
X-16 Pro Series Irons/Dynamic Gold S300 54* and 58* wedges Anser Sn putter

I too cannot understand the guilt trip thing. Thankfully, my wife doesn't mind that I like to golf and work on my game(about 3 time a week).

This is very healty in a couple. In my case Kids really turned around our "freedom" approach. Some of my friends with no kids have problems though... my wife agrees with me this is not understandable.

In my Bag:

Big Bertha 460 11* Driver
Big Bertha 3 Wood
Staff Hybrid 21* Staff Hybrid 24* Big Bertha 08 5-SW Irons Lob Wedge Vokey Oil Can 60* Newport 2 Studio Style Putter Balls

I am lucky my wife never says I play too much golf. She may occasionally give me her look if I play 2-3 times a week.

I played golf with a friend and he told me that his friend's wife hides his golf shoes in the freezer, apparently he never look in there, so that he can't play golf. I was shocked and at the same time I realized that I needed to give my wife another hug today.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

I would like to know how some people afford playing as much golf as they do.

My place of employment owns a golf course so I get an inexpensive membership.

I REALLY, and I mean REALLY don't anything else besides work,golf, eat and sleep during the golf season. Roughly once a month the girlfriend and I will go on a "date" - after all she wouldn't be my girlfriend if I didn't like to spend some time with her. (she doesn't golf)

In the off Season (November thru March) I make it up to the girlfriend and spend most of my time at home. She doesn't mind that I play so much golf (5 or six times a week) because she knows and respects how much I love the game. She finds it fulfilling that she feels she "gives" me the time to go play.

In My Bag:
Driver: TaylorMade Burner 9.5* Stock Stiff
5 Wood: TaylorMade V-Steel Aldila NV Stiff
7 Wood: TaylorMade V-Steel Stock Steel
4-PW: TaylorMade R7XD Stock Stiff Steel48* Wedge: Callaway Forged52* Wedge: Founders Club60* Wedge: Founders ClubPutter: Odyssey DFX 6600Balls: Titleist ProV1 & DT SoLo

I would like to know how some people afford playing as much golf as they do.

Los Angeles has an amazing number of low-cost daily fee courses in decent shape. If you can play during the week, you're only looking at $20-$25. I can play two times a week for what I make in an hour of private tutoring.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I work my regular 40 hours and then I pick up 10 or so hours a week at a local range/par 3 course.

It allows me to hit for free which is good, but I have actually been suffering a bit from really working on bad habits. I probably need to slow down a bit until spring and just stick with some basics.

In the bag:
Driver: R7 Quad
Irons: Eye 2 + (Red Dot)
Wedges: Vokey (52, 56, 60)Putter: Anser G2iBalls: (Pro V1, NXT, DT Solo, Whatever is handy)

Usually I get on the course once per week and go to the range 1-4 times a week , depending on the weather. The place where I hit balls seem to be very lazy, because they close if there is a 45% chance of rain, or if it rains lightly for 5 minutes (at least it seems like that), so sometimes I don't get to the range, or if I'm really unlucky my dad can't take me golfing during the weekend and I don't get to play either. Lately I've been getting to the range once or twice (sunday and another day), and golfing once.

This week, though, since it's thanksgiving and I have a lot of family here, my dad has taken me 3 days in a row (trying to get a 4th, lol), and we might go tomorrow.

I'm a sophomore in high school so I get my summers off. During the summer I usually get about twenty five hours of golf in. During school golf season I get about twenty hours a week. I can't go golfing in the winter months because I live in Iowa.

Driver Tour Burner 9.5*
3 Wood Burner High Launch 14.5*
Hyrbid Burner Tour Launch 20*
Irons: R7 4-PW
Wedges: CG12 50* 56* Vokey Spin Milled 60*Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2Backup: 2-ball XG Center ShaftBall: Pro V1xAge: 16

I am usually on my home course once a week. Usually on the weekend but i have been known to get out during the week if i manage to get the day off. Of course, if something important comes up then its quite impossible for me to get out. Like this week, im going away so i wont be able to play. Which is a shame because i have been quite happy with how i have been hitting over the recent weeks.

As for the driving range. I dont spend anytime at the driving range which gives me only the real thing to try new things. However, i have quite a large property (enough for a strong PW) so i tend to hit a couple of hundred balls a week. I have holidays coming up for Christmas time so hopefully i can play twice a week at least....

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

Home Course: Gawler Golf Club
Glove: Nike Tech Feel
Balls: Nike Power Flight

I went out today for the first time in 15 years and it took me 2.5 hours to play 9 holes. As I get better, I'm sure I'll be able to move quicker and get 9 holes done in 1.5-2.0 hours.
In My Sun Mountain C-130 Bag
Woods: System Q
Hybrid: System Q
Irons: Acer XP905
Ball: Other EquipmentPush Cart: Sun Mountain Speed Cart V1My Home CourseGreen Knoll Golf Course

Note: This thread is 5994 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!