IGNORED

Golf Gloves

Note: This thread is 1876 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've yet to buy top shelf gloves. I get good mileage out of the 3 packs of Calaways sold at Costco. 

I just started using the MG gloves  Buy online 2 for 12 and I think thay had a slightly cheaper model.  All leather and have been lasting well.

Posted Images

i've had good luck with WeatherSof from FJ - $20/two-pack at the local Golf Mart. usually rotate two gloves in a single round (especially in the heat during the summer) and find they'll last anywhere between 1.5 to 2 seasons.

Honestly. I am trying to figure out why I even bother with golf gloves. I may stop buying them all together. However I do buy them and usually spend about 6 bux mericun on Nike (middle of the road quality) at the outlet store when they have a sale. I tried on some other brands, foot joy and titleist but they didn't fit as well and the Nike ones last plenty long.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I buy "batting" gloves by the pairs. No designated "golf" gloves. Batting gloves last longer, are less expensive, and do the same thing. 

In reality, the only reason I wear two gloves is to protect my hands from sun damage. 

59 minutes ago, DrvFrShow said:

Bionic. They fit my hands the best. 

Some Bionic models were (still are?) non-conforming to RoG.  As I understand it, they can be allowed if used for arthritic conditions.   Only one of their models is listed on their website as conforming to RoG.

No glove.  I dropped the use of a glove some 15 or more years ago.  I carry one in my bag that gets used on the rare occasion that I have to play a few holes when it's raining.  That one glove has been in my bag for at least 10 years now, and I'm fairly sure that it hasn't made 40 swings.  

It also gets occasional use in winter to protect my hand from the frozen steering wheel on the cart while I'm driving.  It comes off to swing.

1 hour ago, PingMike said:

I just started using the MG gloves  Buy online 2 for 12 and I think thay had a slightly cheaper model.  All leather and have been lasting well.

Same here.  Decent glove and less expensive than most.

I buy Top Flite gloves during Black Friday for $4.97 at Sports Authority (maybe it's Dicks?).  I like them because they have a protective heel pad.  I have about a dozen pairs in my bag.  Golf gloves allow for better grip without gripping harder.

Edited by vangator

The feel of a quality glove is a must.  I am a golf glove snob!!!  the cheap 'thick' leather gloves feel terrible.  (don't get me started on synthetic) I don't have a brand preference, but it must be a premium glove.  Like golf balls, gloves are the same....there are 3 classes.  budget, tweener, and tour caliber.  Every manufacturer makes a good glove at the high end.  The glove of choice lately is the titleist "PLAYER" glove....... I order them by the box of 6 because pro-shops don't stock the good gloves for LEFTIES!   In the past, I ordered the NIKE tour caliber glove because that's why my pro-shop carried.   I tend to buy what I can order from the pro-shop.  I like to support my local pro-shop.......so I order my gloves by the box from them.  I buy them 6 at a time so I have spares.  When I get down to the last 2, I order another box of 6.  

Edited by BuckeyeNut

I used to use the TaylorMade Targa Tour, but they discontinued that. Now I'm going between various Titleist, FootJoy, Ping, and Nike gloves. 

Note: This thread is 1876 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!