IGNORED

What ball, and why

Note: This thread is 2280 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have been playing exclusively with the Titleist NXT Tour.  I love them off the tee since they seem to just fly when I make good contact.  They are a higher compression ball, but still feel soft off my irons.  I may upgrade to the ProV1x once I can cut down on lost balls and get a little better around the greens, but for now I can't justify the price and prefer to play new balls.

I am thinking about experimenting with the B330 a little this year.  I know people who play them and love them.  I also am a fan of Srixon and may try out  some Z-stars.  I have played Taylormade and Calloway as well.  They make a good ball, but they seem to always change their stuff year to year.  They come out with something you like then next year its gone.

Edited by badfish74

I have been a long time user of the Titleist NXT Tour S and ProV1's, but recently have made the switch to the Taylormade Project a balls. These things are super long off the tee and have some exceptional brakes on the greens. They are similar in price to the NXT Tour S.

I've started playing exclusively with the Chrome Soft Truvis. They may look silly to some, but I certainly see the ball better at address and find no issues with them hitting into the green. I've shaved 4 strokes off my index in the last month since I've started playing them. They are expensive at $40/dozen but at that type of improvement i'll take it.

Driver: Taylormade R15 10.5 Rogue Silver 70S  3 Wood: Krank Formula 6 Aldila Tour Blue 80S  3H: Mizuno Jpx825  Irons: 4-PW,AW: Taylormade Rsi1  Wedge: Callaway 56 MD3 Putter: Ping Cadence TR Anser 2 Heavy

I have changed from ProV1 to the yellow Srixon Z Star XV a few years ago and have never looked back - apart from a soft feel around the greens and solid distance from the tee, the ball is very durable (which in my case is slightly irrelevant, since I say goodbye to at least one ball per round :whistle:).

I was fitted for the Bridgestone E6+ at the golf show in Novi, MI.      I do like it but I also like the Callaway SuperSoft.   I'm guessing my swing speed isn't fast for a more premium ball.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I bought one of those gadgets that helps you draw a straight line on your ball. I've always wanted one, but never wanted to pay the $10 for something i don't really need.

But now that ive bought it, drawing the straight lines and my initials on my balls is part of my pre-game ritual.

I typically use Titleist ProV1 or ProV1x but as stated above, I really like the Taylormade Project (a) balls.  They have a soft feel to them when hitting them with a driver and irons, and also great feel around the greens.  I won a tournament yesterday and ended up buying another dozen ProV1s with my winnings because they didn't have Taylormade balls in the pro shop.  I also like Taylormade's TP balls.  All in all, Taylormade makes exceptional balls and that'll probably be my go to once I'm done with the ProVs.

Picked up a dozen Pro V1 practice balls for $30 because the range I practice at got like 12 dozen by accident. I figured I may as well because that's cheaper than the project {a} that I've been buying. Worst case scenario they aren't any better than the taylor made, best case scenario they play like regular Pro V1s.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

I have tried a lot of balls --  but in the last year now played the B330S only and played my best in the last 15-20 years.  I got 10 dz. for 29.99 of the 2015 models at a local store a few weeks ago about 2 years worth or more

1 hour ago, deadon500 said:

I have tried a lot of balls --  but in the last year now played the B330S only and played my best in the last 15-20 years.  I got 10 dz. for 29.99 of the 2015 models at a local store a few weeks ago about 2 years worth or more

10 dozen balls for $30?!  :-O

I use the prov1x. Ive read a couple of things saying there is really no discernible difference between the Titlest NXT tour and the 1x (which would be great for my wallet) but i just find that not to be true with my game. It comes down to pitching and chipping and i get the most consistent results with a ProV1x. Ive experimented with the NXT tour and the ball just comes off too hot off the club face. I often shoot long greenside with that ball. Especially with pitches and chips. 

I played the Bridgestone E6 this weekend and really liked them. In past have been playing either Pinacle Gold or Nike Mojos. I have dozens upon dozens of tour quality balls but am a long way off from being at a level I am going to get around to playing them. 

Edited by Gator Hazard

I don't typically like to do these things, but if anyone wants to get a free sleeve of the project {a} golf balls you can use this link. Full disclosure, it gives me a free sleeve for the first 4 people who use it also.

http://taylormade.extole.com/lqfvq

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

I typically play with Nike RZN white.  The yellow ones (Nike calls it "volt") are very high-visibility, and ultimately, I like the way they feel when I hit them. I have a family member who works for Nike and I can get them at the employee discount.  I wouldn't use them if I had to pay full price.

@Jeremie Boop, thanks for the link.  I don't know if I was one of the first 4 but I used it.

Edited by krupa

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

13 minutes ago, krupa said:

I typically play with Nike RZN white.  The yellow ones (Nike calls it "volt") are very high-visibility, and ultimately, I like the way they feel when I hit them. I have a family member who works for Nike and I can get them at the employee discount.  I wouldn't use them if I had to pay full price.

@Jeremie Boop, thanks for the link.  I don't know if I was one of the first 4 but I used it.

Cool, hope you like them. I'm not too worried about getting the free sleeve myself so much as giving people the opportunity to grab a sleeve to play for themselves for free.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Thanks for that link @Jeremie Boop I signed up with it. I've played with them before, like them just like the look of the Chrome Soft Truvis better.

Driver: Taylormade R15 10.5 Rogue Silver 70S  3 Wood: Krank Formula 6 Aldila Tour Blue 80S  3H: Mizuno Jpx825  Irons: 4-PW,AW: Taylormade Rsi1  Wedge: Callaway 56 MD3 Putter: Ping Cadence TR Anser 2 Heavy

10 minutes ago, StevenR84 said:

Thanks for that link @Jeremie Boop I signed up with it. I've played with them before, like them just like the look of the Chrome Soft Truvis better.

I've been eyeing those, but the price is a bit higher than I like to pay for golf balls given my proclivity for losing them.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

1 minute ago, Jeremie Boop said:

I've been eyeing those, but the price is a bit higher than I like to pay for golf balls given my proclivity for losing them.

I understand. I bought my first box because I had $20 that was going to expire at Dicks/Golf Galaxy, so i got the first box for 19.99. I lost them at a surprisingly low rate. I bought 1 more dozen after that in the yellow and in a little over a month, went through both boxes. I'm also playing 3x a week on a course that eats balls. I see them clearer and they might have had little or no effect but index dropped 5 strokes after I picked them up, so now it's mental!

Note: This thread is 2280 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!