IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (April 2016)

iacas
Note: This thread is 2908 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been spending a lot of time thinking about ideas over the last couple of days vs swinging the club.  I probably didn't swing the club for 5 whole minutes yesterday or the day before.  I did, however, today - but just for maybe 10 minutes.  I wanted to try out an idea I had about swinging wide to narrow to wide . .so I took maybe 7 swings to get to where I thought I was feeling what I wanted to feel.  Then I took a video but it wasn't really doing what I want so I have to keep sifting through ideas until I find one that looks like it's going do what I want. 

Not always is it new and different ideas . .many times I go back to a previous idea but looking at it another way.  Swinging wide to narrow to wide is a fairly constant idea for me, for example . .but I see no point in hitting dozens of balls until I feel like I'm moving in the right direction.

Second practice for the day:  It cleared off after lunch so I squeezed in a quick nine, walking.  Played some ugly golf.  LOL.   I played by myself with no one behind me, so on most holes I dropped a second ball and also played that "practice" ball in.  In every single instance I scored better with my practice ball by at least a stroke.  Two strokes better on a couple holes.  Why is that??  (Probly 30 minutes of practice in total.)

On 4/29/2016 at 7:00 AM, Lihu said:

Muscles tired after hitting too many balls this last week. Taking a break from the range.

Played a horrible round yesterday, but kept the ball in play from all over the course. My best recovery hole was slicing into a tree 220 yards away, hitting a hybrid off hard pan from under some trees and ending up 10 yards short of the green for an up and down. Noticed that GG changed their UI as well. I forgot to tag an approach and it put me down for a 360 yard drive, PW on the green and 2 putts. :-P killed the round, of course. Going to be more diligent in the future.

Doing slow PVC pipe swings to stay loose. Over extending the swings to stretch them out, then going back to half swings alternatively.

Hit a bunch of buckets preparing for my Monday round. Was determined to get rid of the pull I developed again recently. Turned out that I was early extending and pulling the club away. Kept my spine angle, and the shots started coming out straight again. Magic! Picked random clubs for about 3 hours in the only shaded range stall. Went to the short area to practice my flop shots out of deep rough. 2 minutes of putting.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Dodging thunderstorms. Picked up new driver XR16 Pro w/ Fuji Speeder TS R-flex. Got fitted for it last weekend.

Did "tile test" on kitchen floor to see what square address looks like w/ XR.

practiced pre-shot and address w/ 6i and new XR16.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

I completed this challenge.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Lihu said:

I completed this challenge.

Sweet. You've got the award.

If you completed this month's (April 2016) challenge, post here.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I know I am late for this topic because it is already May.  But I absolutely agree with daily 5 - 10 minutes of practice swing:

my routine-

1. On drive way of my garage, I pick up three clubs (driver, 5 wood and 7 iron), and start swinging with head cover on it.  It give me the feel of weight, which is really good for warm up and building strength. 

2. Then, swing again without cover, which gives me totally different feel of light,

3. with focusing on ONE Plane and applying a bit more of lateral movement.  LATERAL.

Thanks. 

Thanks for sharing Golf tips!
danielS.

I do the practice swing inside the garage, but I am afraid I break my car.  

So, I do the check swing and warm up swing in the Driveway at evening, and I know my neighbors will see me.  I used to mind their eyes, but now I don't.  I practice with jumping as well just to let them know that I am not just doing golf practice but do regular exercise as well.

I also put the club head cover for Driver and 5-wood and 7 iron while I practice the swing to feel the more weight. And then later, I do practice swing without head cover.  Try this.

Thanks.

Thanks for sharing Golf tips!
danielS.

• iacas unpinned and unfeatured this topic
Note: This thread is 2908 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!