IGNORED

MB's Centripetal Force Thread

Note: This thread is 2904 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

9 minutes ago, Mike Boatright said:

It's true you probably just don't understand it it's beyond you that's fine. My writing is incoherent probably a little but last time I checked it's in English not Russian.

Actually what I have said here relates to everything I have learned from this forum. If you read what I wrote to any degree you would understand. I'm saying that everything people are working on is correct only from the set up,grip and mechanics stand point. This goes for the 5sk or any other method up into a backswing. The rest of the swing does not exist and is a motion that occurs from the result of momentum,leverage centripetal force and by you just clearing out of the way. I mean you use your hands sure, but it's actually that simple and people need to realize this or will forever be lost in the mystery of golf.

We have read what you write. That is why we are asking you to stop. It is incoherent and ever changing. Just in this thread alone you have revised, shifted, and misquoted, all in the space of two pages. When your posts are challenged, you shift gears and go off in a tangent. Stop.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

We have read what you write. That is why we are asking you to stop. It is incoherent and ever changing. Just in this thread alone you have revised, shifted, and misquoted, all in the space of two pages. When your posts are challenged, you shift gears and go off in a tangent. Stop.

I'm done trying to explain this maybe a better topic would have been the downswing and some key to work on.

26 minutes ago, Mike Boatright said:

It's true you probably just don't understand it it's beyond you that's fine. My writing is incoherent probably a little but last time I checked it's in English not Russian.

Actually what I have said here relates to everything I have learned from this forum. If you read what I wrote to any degree you would understand. I'm saying that everything people are working on is correct only from the set up,grip and mechanics stand point. This goes for the 5sk or any other method up into a backswing. The rest of the swing does not exist and is a motion that occurs from the result of momentum,leverage centripetal force and by you just clearing out of the way. I mean you use your hands sure, but it's actually that simple and people need to realize this or will forever be lost in the mystery of golf.

Dude, it is just barely English. I mean the words are all English, but the way you string them together and then randomly sprinkle with odds and ends of punctuation makes it pretty hard to sift through. And then, once we've made the Herculean effort off plowing through the wall of horrid grammar and broken, random punctuation, we realize it is total poppy cock.  

As far as I can decipher, you are telling me that as long as I set-up with SAT and have a proper grip (whatever that means, you aren't very specific about it) and make a correct backswing (again, whatever that means in your world) the rest is automatic and it's all birdies and blowjobs after that. Nothing in golf is automatic, nothing, and we all have to earn our birdies and blowjobs by working at it. No secrets, no magic bullets and definitely no automatic anything. 

As @JonMA1 said, I think you truly mean well and want to help other golfers, but spouting this nonsense just lumps you in with the shit-ton of crappy instructors who are already out there ****ing people up with bullshit, feel based golf instruction. Most of us wouldn't give a shit accept that we have all become pretty passionate at making sure the people that find this site and are trying to get better at golf are shielded from this waste of time, snake oil, magical bean style instruction. 

Stick around and LEARN here, but don't try to TEACH here because you don't have the right information and if you continue to pollute the good information that is here with your musings, we will run you out of town. We care too much about quality instruction to let you continue. 

Cheers. 

25 minutes ago, Mike Boatright said:

I'm done trying to explain this maybe a better topic would have been the downswing and some key to work on.

How about you don't? 

• Upvote 4

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

16 hours ago, Mike Boatright said:

Pro tip: Don't go around insulting the intelligence of the moderators on a website. Your writing is "in" English, but it certainly isn't even close to correct or coherent English.

Your writing style most closely resembles that of a middle school student. Sentences that are filled with errors, and try to sound more important than they really are and in the process lose any meaning they really had in the first place. As an example, let us look at the below sentences:

18 hours ago, Mike Boatright said:

This is why LPGA our player hit it far without strength based on centripetal force,leverage mechanics and clearing out to let this multiplier occur. I don't care if I said 50% speed loss or whatever it wasn't my point and is way off topic!

The first sentence here is " This is why LPGA our player hit it far without strength based on centripetal force,leverage mechanics and clearing out to let this multiplier occur"."

First off, what does centripetal force have to do with this? I would like for you to please tell me, in clear and concise terms, what the point of a centripetal force is in a golf swing - other than to keep the club in your arms. A centripetal force is, by definition, a force that acts only along the radius of the object's rotation. This means a centripetal force cannot, and will never be able to, increase the angular velocity of an object following an arced path, because the force vector is ALWAYS perpendicular to the velocity vector. You could VERY slightly increase the linear velocity of the clubhead if you increased the length of the radius, but that would involve reducing/removing your centripetal force to allow the radius to increase.

To repeat myself and make it clear, my first question here to you is this: could you please, using clear, concise language and basing your explanation upon solid scientific principles, explain to me what you are using centripetal force to accomplish in a golf swing?

Second, you speak of a multiplier here that increases the "whopping" 33 mph (hint: 33 mph is slower than most children swing, and not whopping in the slightest) that you would get with perfect use of the acceleration due to gravity (hint: you cannot utilize gravity with 100% efficiency, ever). My question to you here is, how do you know exactly how much each section of the golf swing will "multiply" the effects of gravity by? Did you pull more numbers out of thing air, as with your 50% speed loss figure, or do you have hard data to show the effects of various portions of the golf swing on overall swing speed?

To reiterate, my second question is this: could you please, using clear, concise language and basing you explanation upon solid scientific principles, explain to me how you know what each portion of your body will con'tribute to the golf swing in terms of swing speed?

Finally, you tell me that you "don't care if [you] said 50% speed loss or whatever it wasn't [your] point and is way off topic!" To this I would ask the following; why is this an off topic line of questioning. It is something you stated as fact, and something that I (and others) contested the validity of. Your argument is based upon statistics that it appears as though you made up (which it appears the 50% bit was, in fact, made up). Such an argument can be reasonably seen to be much less sound until you can support it with evidence that isn't made up on the spot.

My third question, again, is: why is it off topic to question the evidence for the argument you provide?

For your convenience, I will place the 3 questions I am interested in hearing genuine answers to (again, using clear, concise language and basing your explanation upon solid scientific principles) below in a list format for you to more easily reference.

1. Could you please explain to me what you are using centripetal forces to accomplish in the golf swing, and specifically how they are accomplishing what you desire?
  2. How do you know what each portion of the body contributes to the golf swing, in terms of swing speed, and do you have data to support your statements or did you merely create numbers that suited your fancy?
  3. Why is it off topic for us to question the supporting evidence for your argument?
  • Upvote 2

On 4/1/2016 at 3:58 PM, Hardspoon said:

I know I'm off-topic (not that it matters after @iacas' mic-drop), but this made me actually laugh out loud. 

"The proof is in the putting" should be AimPoint's next ad campaign.

13 hours ago, Pretzel said:

Your writing style most closely resembles that of a middle school student. 

Hey now!!  I have two middle school aged children.  I would thank you not to insult them....

• Upvote 2

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

• Administrator
On April 2, 2016 at 5:37 AM, Mike Boatright said:

Picture left is what I was referring to originally before I was told I was wrong. I was never talking about a reverse pivot entirely. My main point from this entire thread is the golf swing isn't that complicated and is a simple force of nature even if i'm off with calculations or whatever. Notice how perfect her center is in relation to the ball. The center being her hips.

For reference, the image is:

Analyzr Image Export.jpg

@Mike Boatright, this image was shared to counter your notion of centripetal force being the key thing we do in the golf swing. You may have even said it's 90% of the golf swing, or something…

Please refer back to my original post with this image, and tell me how either of these players applies a force from the top of their downswing along the arrow and makes anything like a normal downswing?

You do not seem to understand centripetal forces, and what's a resultant force and what's an applied force. The players are holding onto the club - there's your centripetal force. They're mot actively pulling toward the center of their bodies. Not much anyway.

And both players have their hips in a good position. The player on the right is actually a better golfer (and her swing is better, now).

Pretzel stated that gravity would equate a whopping 33 mph on the down swing if it was left alone on it's own. That's actually quite substantial when you add it as a multiplier take 33 mph x added acceleration from your hand speed and you probably get 66 mph.

I'm pretty sure that 33 MPH was ball speed. But here's the thing… you don't even notice stuff like that. Also, what evidence have you shown to demonstrate the existence and application of these "multipliers?" None.

Once again, you've basically just made shit up. "Cool, some guy who has demonstrated a complete lack of insight says you can probably get 66 MPH (ball speed, remember…)!"

The axis of rotation would be here hips which would further increase the multiplier. Being that she is behind the ball her shaft lag and speed would  be maximized to about 100 mph with a driver without much effort thanks to leverage and acceleration.

How much of her weight do you honestly think is behind the center of her stance?

Of course she's "behind the golf ball." It's off her left big toe. People with a reverse pivot (wherever those lonely souls may be) would still be "behind the golf ball" at this point with the same ball position.

This is why LPGA our player hit it far without strength based on centripetal force,leverage mechanics and clearing out to let this multiplier occur.

56fef61461479_AnalyzrImageExport.thumb.jpg.ba0affe86753430f80075421ef94805e.jpg

So again I'll ask you this: how can the players apply a force along the green arrow to swing faster? What do you think would actually happen if they were to apply a force along that arrow? Do you understand the difference between resultant forces and applied forces? Do you understand that centripetal force in the golf swing largely amounts to "holding onto the club"?

I don't care if I said 50% speed loss or whatever it wasn't my point and is way off topic!

So let me get this straight: you don't care about something you said in support of your argument, and find it to be off topic… because people pointed out that you were basically making shit up?

everyone on here is trying to get better and why not maximize what science has to offer vs odd references and exceptions to the rule?

Take your own advice.

You notice the depiction of an orbit in both photos this is the key added with the axis as the speed multiplier x the shaft as the lever and the head utilizing centripetal force and acceleration.

Wait, so the club accelerates from the near-static position at the top of the backswing?!?!

Why… why… that's groundbreaking stuff right there!

Knowing this beats mechanics,checkpoints and steps because it's simplifies the whole thing. Simply load up with balance and let the rest occur. This is why I hit 40 drives in a row 265 yards + Iv'e never had that kind of consistency before and I mean never because I was fighting the forces of nature instead of letting them work for me. Everyone else will continue to struggle over analyze and improve eventually by luck mostly unless of course they take this advice here.

Riiiiight. Here's what happens when I make a perfect backswing and then just "let nature work for me:" I collapse into a pile on the ground. If you add the caveat that I try to at least remain standing and maybe apply a little force to kind of guide the clubhead to the ball… it goes about 20 yards… including roll, which is most of it.

I will say This forum has helped me a ton in reference to mechanics and being able to achieve that backswing position.

It's highly unlikely you're achieving a great backswing position after one day. Or one week.

Once you get this down understanding that the down swing is nothing more than a force of nature is eye opening.

So do you honestly believe that if you make a good backswing, the rest is just natural from there? Because, uhhh, you're wrong. The muscles fire and contribute a WHOLE BUNCH to the downswing. They have to be fired in the right sequence, with the right strength and speed, and the whole works. Nothing really significant occurs by the "force of nature."

Iv'e seen the topic of getting your weight forward as the primary objective and core here as the 5sk method,but in reality that motion is yin and yang with the first part being essential and the second part being the result.

a) "Weight Forward" is Key #2 of 5. All are important. None is more "core" than the others.
b) Players can make a good backswing - a great backswing, even - and fail to achieve Key #2. We see it all the time.

Why be so harsh I was just trying to help others?

You're failing miserably.

You're like a lawyer offering free legal consultations based on having watched a few episodes of Law & Order: SVU and CSI: Miami.

Jamie sadlowski is a long driver and utilizes the same forces i'm talking about x 20! He loads up way behind the ball often past parallel to create a massive orbit. Along with his super fast hands and a + degree in launch as he hangs back a bit results in 375 yard drives.

I thought you said weight forward would take care of itself if you made a good backswing? Also, Jamie's "orbit" is quite narrow until very shortly before impact… and even then, the "orbit" size (if you mean the radius) is simply a matter of how long his driver shaft and arms are. What does "past parallel" have to do with "behind the ball?" Can't I go well past parallel and yet be in front of the ball? JB Holmes doesn't get past parallel and he hits it pretty far. A number of LPGA Tour players go well past parallel and don't hit it anywhere.

These are among the many numerous things to which you have no sensible answer.

• Upvote 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

''I keep getting told I'm wrong quoted over and over again it's annoying the truth is getting twisted here.. I'm not wrong I don't care what anyone else says and I'm not being stubborn either.

I'll try to simplify the whole thing so a few of you can get this simple yet elegant concept. You can take my words try to twist them as Iv'e been trying to explain this so I'll simplify it. I'm no noob I've seen thousands upon thousands of people struggle with the game indefinitely because they fail to get the downswing motion.

To keep it short most people have a degree of skill level when it comes to making a nice loaded backswing path and takeaway. This is because some people are more athletic and stronger.  The backswing,set up and alignment are skill fundamentals that we should all work on,but the downswing is an automatic reaction that everyone messes up because of effort that put's the brakes on force. Assume your practicing taking lessons getting that grip right the stance  etc.. This is good but is only 50% of the swing that most people get close to right and still struggle for life and wonder why? The reason is their effort is getting in the way! once you have a average backswing you can hit playable golf shots that go where you intend them quite often by simply getting out of the way and letting momentum do it's thing. it's doesn't take super fast hands or blazing fast hips it simply requires that you clear your hips out at the right time and  let the clubhead pass through into a smooth balanced finish. Maybe this is centripetal force,gravity momentum call it whatever you want it just is and is why the pro's are so good and you a topper and slicer. In fact you take an on plane short backswing with a very un athletic person with a correct smooth downswing action and they will still hit playable golf shots that could go farther than the athlete who is forcing the action despite a beautiful backswing.

''We all have different backswing skills, but each of us should be able to clear out like photo 3 with Bubba here.''

http://tourexperience.com/is-the-golf-swing-centrifugal-or-centripetal/

physicsdiagram.jpg

ClubshaftPlanesFour.jpg

1 minute ago, Pretzel said:

@Mike Boatright, would you be so kind as to please address my 3 questions? 

I think i'll pass on that one I made my point in the last post as clearly as I can take it as it as is absorb ignore who cares! Your a 1 handicap I'm sure you have already mastered the downswing.

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, Mike Boatright said:

''I keep getting told I'm wrong quoted over and over again it's annoying the truth is getting twisted here.. I'm not wrong I don't care what anyone else says and I'm not being stubborn either.

"I'm not wrong, I don't care what anyone else says, and I'm not stubborn." Uhhhhh…

chloe.jpg

Here's your biggest problem, @Mike Boatright: you need to care what other people say because that's how you have a discussion. If you're not here to have a discussion, you're here to troll: hence the warnings you've received (they are not for grammar or spelling as you previously alleged).

I'll try to simplify the whole thing so a few of you can get this simple yet elegant concept. You can take my words try to twist them as Iv'e been trying to explain this so I'll simplify it. I'm no noob I've seen thousands upon thousands of people struggle with the game indefinitely because they fail to get the downswing motion.

Unlike you, I've helped thousands of golfers struggle less with their games.

The backswing,set up and alignment are skill fundamentals that we should all work on,but the downswing is an automatic reaction that everyone messes up because of effort that put's the brakes on force.

eyeroll.gif

Nope. Categorically untrue, and again, you're using words that have definitions in ways that do not align with the already established and accepted definitions. Never mind that "braking" would be a force, too… you cannot just make a backswing and have an "automatic" downswing. Does. Not. Happen.

The reason is their effort is getting in the way! once you have a average backswing you can hit playable golf shots that go where you intend them quite often by simply getting out of the way and letting momentum do it's thing.

Sorry, but I'm going to insist that you answer these questions before you are allowed to continue on in this discussion:

What momentum are you talking about here? When a golfer is at the top of the backswing, what - in a single sentence - do you propose happens? The golfer has no momentum. The only "force of nature" really working for them at this point is gravity, which if they just give into it, will result in them being a pile on the floor, or dropping the club behind them.

What is momentum going to do when the golfer has none at the top of their backswing?

Additionally, answer @Pretzel's questions:

On April 3, 2016 at 0:39 AM, Pretzel said:

For your convenience, I will place the 3 questions I am interested in hearing genuine answers to (again, using clear, concise language and basing your explanation upon solid scientific principles) below in a list format for you to more easily reference.

1. Could you please explain to me what you are using centripetal forces to accomplish in the golf swing, and specifically how they are accomplishing what you desire?
  2. How do you know what each portion of the body contributes to the golf swing, in terms of swing speed, and do you have data to support your statements or did you merely create numbers that suited your fancy?
  3. Why is it off topic for us to question the supporting evidence for your argument?

You go on and on and on and on, and don't have a clue what you're talking about. You must answer this question, as the novelty of your threads has long since worn off.

it's doesn't take super fast hands or blazing fast hips it simply requires that you clear your hips out at the right time and  let the clubhead pass through into a smooth balanced finish.

Bullshit. There's way, way, way the heck more to it than that. And even "clearing the hips" doesn't happen naturally for many/most.

Maybe this is centripetal force,gravity momentum call it whatever you want it just is and is why the pro's are so good and you a topper and slicer.

Those words already have meanings, definitions, accepted and understood. So no, we will not call them whatever we want… nor should you.

And, I'm not a topper or slicer. I am not only a better golfer but a better instructor than you.

In fact you take an on plane short backswing with a very un athletic person with a correct smooth downswing action and they will still hit playable golf shots that could go farther than the athlete who is forcing the action despite a beautiful backswing.

Wow, what a revelation! I'll paraphrase: if you make a "correct" motion you can hit a good golf shot?!?! Wow!

mindblown.gif

What about it? Do you want us to tell you how that's wrong, too?

physicsdiagram.jpg

ClubshaftPlanesFour.jpg

okay.gif

At least I get a chance to use up some of my GIFs.

Answer the questions up above, @Mike Boatright.

• Upvote 2

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On April 1, 2016 at 9:50 AM, iacas said:

Baseball players do not get their weight forward. Measured against their stance, their weight is well back. Their force spikes under the front foot, but the weight stays back. Not really an option in golf; the ball is on the ground.

I remember they did a test with a baseball player to see if getting their weight forward would help the swing, and after the guy adjusted to the weird feeling of getting forward instead of staying back, he was hitting the ball far shorter than before. There are some similarities between baseball and golf swings but a lot of differences too.

Off Topic :P

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

What about it? Do you want us to tell you how that's wrong, too?

The whole point here is the mechanics of the swing that your teaching and everyone else is teaching is 100% correct. It's actually of the utter most importance until you make a completed backswing. from here there it's the same force as throwing a baseball it's automatic and requires no fundamentals just like throwing a frisbee or even setting down a 50 pound weight. It takes effort sure but unexplained effort. this is because your not fighting nature, In the backswing your taking an object in a space of time and with it it's fighting gravity and yourself trying force it into an arc of direction. Once your here it just takes effort nothing else. It's like your asking me how do I take a step,or how do I Throw a Frisbee 15 yards you just do. From a golf swing standpoint i'd recommend taking very baby swings and getting this motion until it feels like taking a step and throwing a Frisbee. in the end it's actually requires no more force or coordination than doing these actions it's the back swing that's very difficult to get right and as I'm explaining the misunderstanding of how the downswing works in combination golf is hard for some:-D

''Take it or leave it This is some facts and opinions it just is.

''I never stated this as the only way to swing a golf club''

• Administrator

Sorry, but I'm going to insist that you answer these questions before you are allowed to continue on in this discussion:

What momentum are you talking about here? When a golfer is at the top of the backswing, what - in a single sentence - do you propose happens? The golfer has no momentum. The only "force of nature" really working for them at this point is gravity, which if they just give into it, will result in them being a pile on the floor, or dropping the club behind them.

What is momentum going to do when the golfer has none at the top of their backswing?

Additionally, answer @Pretzel's questions:

On April 3, 2016 at 0:39 AM, Pretzel said:

You go on and on and on and on, and don't have a clue what you're talking about. You must answer these question, as the novelty of your threads has long since worn off.

7 minutes ago, Mike Boatright said:

It's like your asking me how do I take a step,or how do I Throw a Frisbee 15 yards you just do.

Nope. Nobody "just does." They learned how to do it.

Answer the four questions above.

20 minutes ago, iacas said:
28 minutes ago, Mike Boatright said:

t's like your asking me how do I take a step,or how do I Throw a Frisbee 15 yards you just do.

Nope. Nobody "just does." They learned how to do

Well sure it's a skill but isn't as hard as many people realize. If you take a Frisbee back nice and level the rest will just happen as long as you don't stop your arm and flick your wrist. same correlation.

20 minutes ago, iacas said:
  • Could you please explain to me what you are using centripetal forces to accomplish in the golf swing, and specifically how they are accomplishing what you desire?
  • How do you know what each portion of the body contributes to the golf swing, in terms of swing speed, and do you have data to support your statements or did you merely create numbers that suited your fancy?
  • Why is it off topic for us to question the supporting evidence for your argument?

1.The body is the axis the head on the end of the club utilizes centripetal forces,

2. No I don't have mathematical data. I never wanted to create numbers my original point on this topic is about centripetal force and the downswing,

3. Feel is a huge component in golf I was trying to explain and display some physics to reiterate the concept of clearing the hips and allowing the club head to harness centripetal force.

''People thought this guy was an Retard growing up funny how that works for the normies as I call them''.

albert-einstein.jpg

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Mike Boatright said:

Well sure it's a skill but isn't as hard as many people realize. If you take a Frisbee back nice and level the rest will just happen as long as you don't stop your arm and flick your wrist. same correlation.

Bullshit.

Also, having been a disc golfer for a few years now, I can state with absolute certainty that even throwing a disc properly is not a skill people naturally have. I've seen it countless times. And playing disc golf at the higher levels requires training, practice, and a lot of understanding as well.

1.The body is the axis the head on the end of the club utilizes centripetal forces,

How? You didn't answer the question at all.

2. No I don't have mathematical data. I never wanted to create numbers my original point on this topic is about centripetal force and the downswing,

Yet you seem to know nothing about centripetal force. How does one use centripetal force to make a "good downswing"?

3. Feel is a huge component in golf I was trying to explain and display some physics to reiterate the concept of clearing the hips and allowing the club head to harness centripetal force.

How does a golfer use centripetal force, and what does that have to do with the hips at all?

12 minutes ago, Mike Boatright said:

''People thought this guy was an Retard growing up funny how that works for the normies as I call them''.

Uh, no, they didn't.

Yeah, you're just like Einstein.

19 minutes ago, iacas said:

Bullshit.

Also, having been a disc golfer for a few years now, I can state with absolute certainty that even throwing a disc properly is not a skill people naturally have. I've seen it countless times. And playing disc golf at the higher levels requires training, practice, and a lot of understanding as well.

How? You didn't answer the question at all.

Yet you seem to know nothing about centripetal force. How does one use centripetal force to make a "good downswing"?

How does a golfer use centripetal force, and what does that have to do with the hips at all?

Uh, no, they didn't.

Yeah, you're just like Einstein.

Not talking about competitive disc golf just backyard Frisbee

The golfer uses his hips as the axis on the downswing swing to utilize the leverage of the shaft into the club head translating into centripetal force.

Do I need to keep repeating myself here?

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Mike Boatright said:

Not talking about competitive disc golf just backyard Frisbee

The golf swing requires more than the equivalent of backyard frisbee.

5 minutes ago, Mike Boatright said:

The golfer uses his hips as the axis on the downswing swing to utilize the leverage of the shaft into the club head translating into centripetal force.

Nope. Doesn't work that way. You have demonstrated no understanding of how centripetal force works in a golf swing.

So, for what I hope will be but know will almost surely not be the last time, how does a golfer use centripetal force to make a downswing?

Clue: spinning or "clearing" their hips is not an answer.

Note: This thread is 2904 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!