IGNORED

MB's Driving Accuracy Thread

Note: This thread is 2941 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Mike Boatright said:

Spine tilt backwards at impact is essentially unavoidable,but it appears these straighter hitters minimize this from their original set up position.

It doesn't appear that way at all to me, and your claims are easily countered:

Analyzr Image Export.jpg

Notice that the long hitters appear to tilt back more at impact based one their original set up position?

Like Jerry Kelly here?

Analyzr Image Export2.jpg

Do you even look at the responses to your posts?

This is just an observation how can you not see this it's in plain sight?

Could ask you the same question.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

12 minutes ago, iacas said:

It doesn't appear that way at all to me, and your claims are easily countered:

Analyzr Image Export.jpg

Like Jerry Kelly here?

Analyzr Image Export2.jpg

Do you even look at the responses to your posts?

Could ask you the same question.

I'm sure there is some long hitters who do not set up with as much tilt, but a lot of them at impact are way back as displayed here again. Spine tilt at impact is unavoidable Sadlowski sets up kinda in an odd fashion so maybe not the best example. The green line hasn't changed much for Kelly it started straight and is only slighted back at impact and apparently from the video was a miss. From what I can see straighter hitters are very much less back at impact and can probably bee seen over and over again by pictures and analyzing tour swings.

Screen Shot 2013-09-26 at 10.50.47 PM.jpg

7f8e87d3a5db52c94ef265b9145ee71c.jpg

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Mike Boatright said:

I'm sure there is some long hitters who do not set up with as much tilt, but a lot of them at impact are way back as displayed here again.

OMG.

Analyzr Image Export.jpg

9 minutes ago, Mike Boatright said:

Spine tilt at impact is unavoidable Sadlowski sets up kinda in an odd fashion so maybe not the best example. The green line hasn't changed much for Kelly it started straight and is only slighted back at impact and apparently from the video was a miss

a) It was your video, and
b) WTF are you talking about? He's got a TON of secondary axis tilt at impact. MORE than Dustin Johnson or Jamie Sadlowski. Or Rory McIlroy.

Analyzr Image Export.jpg

Both of these guys have less SAT than Jerry Kelly, despite the knowledge that both are hitting up quite a bit on their tee shots (Sadlowski more than even Rory, as long drivers often look for +8 AoA or so).

This is precisely why you lack nearly all credibility. You cannot even account for things that are plainly obvious.

From what I can see straighter hitters are very much less back at impact and can probably bee seen over and over again by pictures and analyzing tour swings.

Go ahead and actually do that.

You haven't even proven that Mo Martin is exceptionally accurate, because fairways hit % is a stupid number. I could hit nearly 100% if I just hit a 9I off every tee.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

You haven't even proven that Mo Martin is exceptionally accurate, because fairways hit % is a stupid number. I could hit nearly 100% if I just hit a 9I off every tee.

She hit like 400 out of 485 fairways and hit's driver a lot because she is a short hitter. Your correct Dustin Johnson has less tilt and last time I checked he was an ace off the tee.

I'm sure there are some very good exampled of this on any tour when you look at they guys,or gals who are long and straight or just straight. Who knows maybe this is why Jerry Kelly missed that tee shot to the right on the video again this is just an observation.

leadingshoulder_pros.jpg

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Mike Boatright said:

She hit like 400 out of 485 fairways and hit's driver a lot because she is a short hitter. Your correct Dustin Johnson has less tilt and last time I checked he was an ace off the tee.

I'm sure there are some very good exampled of this on any tour when you look at they guys,or gals who are long and straight or just straight. Who knows maybe this is why Jerry Kelly missed that tee shot to the right on the video again this is just an observation.

I'm done. You're not worth the time.

P.S. Dustin Johnson is currently second in strokes gained off the tee.

On 4/2/2016 at 8:04 AM, Mike Boatright said:

I guess... Iv'e played in college mini tours,high school eat sleep and breath golf read books have read hundreds of golf magazine articles study the game you know learn. I'd say i'm very qualified I'm still learning but what is qualified? Some guy who has a class A card works in a shop and has been around the game 5 years and been trained in a facility, or someone like me who has been around the game 20+ years and has extensive knowledge? Who do you trust more a med school grad or a doc who is 60 years old and has experience and has seen the ropes. I have enough knowledge to say I'm qualified to a point.

Your reference to club head speed may or may not apply were talking face angle here right? You hit different shots on the golf course sometimes a chip sometimes a flop it's never the same. I can say the same goes for full shots you open up for a fade or close the face for a draw right? Well now you know how to hit the straight ball congratulations new shot learned.

No offense, but I've read much of what you have wrote on this site and I don't believe you are qualified.  You may have an understanding about the golf swing but much of what you put down in writing here is either unintelligible or wrong.  

You remind me of an instructor I had who was determined to make a major breakthrough in the golf swing instruction by throwing a bunch of stuff on the wall and hoping some of it might stick.  You seem to use this site to throw out your concepts or personal experiences and declare them as fundamental truths which they are not.  

It's to the point where I visually ignore your posts because beyond amusement I see very little value in their content.  

• Upvote 2

Joe Paradiso

Wow, my head is spinning.

Should I laugh or cry, I don't know.

I highly recommend just closing this thread or change the name to Mike Boatright golf theories so that we can have a catch all thread for all of the ones he has started a thread on and all the ones to come.

• Upvote 1

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

I'm sure there is some long hitters who do not set up with as much tilt, but a lot of them at impact are way back as displayed here again. Spine tilt at impact is unavoidable Sadlowski sets up kinda in an odd fashion so maybe not the best example. The green line hasn't changed much for Kelly it started straight and is only slighted back at impact and apparently from the video was a miss. From what I can see straighter hitters are very much less back at impact and can probably bee seen over and over again by pictures and analyzing tour swings.

Screen Shot 2013-09-26 at 10.50.47 PM.jpg

7f8e87d3a5db52c94ef265b9145ee71c.jpg

I'm confused by this post combined with these pictures.  Are you talking about spine tilt at impact or how straight/vertical your left arm (for right handers) is at impact? Those two are very different from one another.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

On 4/2/2016 at 7:32 AM, Mike Boatright said:

Any golf tip or instructional advice comes from alternate sources and is then expanded on. I'm sure if you analyzed straight hitters this is something that they would have in common with. 

Here's where my issue comes from.  You've taken exactly two "short but straight" hitters, you think you've noticed a single similarity between their swings, so you conclude that this single similarity is the common thread enabling ALL straight hitters to be so accurate.  Two individuals, among the great galaxy of good golfers, do NOT indicate a trend or general rule of any kind.  Now if you were to take the time to analyze hundreds of players, and the trend holds true, maybe you'd have something, but at this stage its simply guesswork and wishful thinking.  Its easy to make wild generalizations, its much more work to develop statistically valid postulations worthy of being evaluated to see if there's a cause-and-effect link.

Totally separate from the golf side of this, when I evaluate someone, particularly if I'm not an expert in the subject being discussed, I evaluate something I DO know reasonably well, and that's the use of the English language.  In your specific case, your writing is poor at best, and completely unintelligible at times.  Its really difficult to take your views on the golf swing seriously when you communicate so poorly.

• Upvote 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

I'n golf there is no fundamental correctness everyone does it differently and an observant bystander uses this information to further add to his knowledge. I never stated that this is the new swing as is the only way to swing a golf club no knuckleheads! This is taking a swing key from the straightest hitters on tour and possibly integrating into your swing if you tend to hit high and right and spray the ball all over the place.

18 minutes ago, Mike Boatright said:

This is taking a swing key from the straightest hitters on tour and possibly integrating into your swing if you tend to hit high and right and spray the ball all over the place.

In one or two sentences plus an illustration or two-WHAT is the "swing key" you think we can take away?

At this point in time I do not even think you know.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

32 minutes ago, Mike Boatright said:

I'n golf there is no fundamental correctness everyone does it differently and an observant bystander uses this information to further add to his knowledge. 

Correctness of what? That doesn't even make sense. 

32 minutes ago, Mike Boatright said:

This is taking a swing key from the straightest hitters on tour and possibly integrating into your swing.

Prove it's a swing key. Your sample size is so small is laughable you try to make this correlation. 

Also, FIR isn't accuracy. Accuracy is degrees offline not FIR. 

Accuracy.JPG

Bubba is actually about tour average in degrees offline yet he doesn't hit many FIR. Rory is nearly as accurate as Jim Furyk in degrees offline. 

You might want to reconsider how you define accuracy before you start even delving into swing mechanics correlating to accuracy.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

27 minutes ago, Mike Boatright said:

I'n golf there is no fundamental correctness everyone does it differently and an observant bystander uses this information to further add to his knowledge. I never stated that this is the new swing as is the only way to swing a golf club no knuckleheads! This is taking a swing key from the straightest hitters on tour and possibly integrating into your swing if you tend to hit high and right and spray the ball all over the place.

There is no magical swing key.. You are wrong!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

11 minutes ago, Abu3baid said:

There is no magical swing key.. You are wrong!

Sure there is. Ben Hogan told it to a guy on his deathbed who then told it to a friend of my uncle's who then, for a small fee of $242 wired to an offshore account, will reveal the secret to you in a 5 part DVD series recorded over some Game of Thrones episodes.

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

35 minutes ago, Phil McGleno said:

In one or two sentences plus an illustration or two-WHAT is the "swing key" you think we can take away?

At this point in time I do not even think you know.

Of course I know Phil it's less shoulder tilt at address which coincides with about the same position at impact resulting in straight. Over the course of a pga tour season it's might be irrelevant or might be relevant? I do know that it could help the 10 handicapper on certain shots on their home course. Simply narrow your stance and imagine your shoulders level as possible and swing it. I do this all the time I hit it 260 yards+ with a baby draw. It goes lower because I'm getting my actual 8.5 degree vs an upward approach into the ball and less shots higher and misses to the right because my impact point is nearly symmetrical to address. A standard set up with the driver requires better timing for high bombs if not high right or hang back hook everytime.

43 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Correctness of what? That doesn't even make sense. 

Prove it's a swing key. Your sample size is so small is laughable you try to make this correlation. 

Also, FIR isn't accuracy. Accuracy is degrees offline not FIR. 

Accuracy.JPG

Bubba is actually about tour average in degrees offline yet he doesn't hit many FIR. Rory is nearly as accurate as Jim Furyk in degrees offline. 

You might want to reconsider how you define accuracy before you start even delving into swing mechanics correlating to accuracy.

Iron Bryon is not human and would set up to the ball with very little to any shoulder tilt. It's the most accurate hitter of the golf ball on the planet it makes no mistakes and is stable and symmetrical as un humanly possible.

paul-byron-pic.jpg

• Administrator
Just now, Mike Boatright said:

Iron Bryon is not human and would set up to the ball with very little to any shoulder tilt. It's the most accurate hitter of the golf ball on the planet it makes no mistakes and is stable and symmetrical as un humanly possible.

paul-byron-pic.jpg

fullretard.jpg

• Upvote 3

Note: This thread is 2941 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!