IGNORED

MB's Driving Accuracy Thread

Note: This thread is 2915 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

3 minutes ago, Mike Boatright said:

Iron Bryon is not human and would set up to the ball with very little to any shoulder tilt. It's the most accurate hitter of the golf ball on the planet it makes no mistakes and is stable and symmetrical as un humanly possible.

If this does not get you banned permanently I do not know what will.-THere is so much wrong with that that I do not know what to say.

It is a machine-And it is not even built or shaped like a human being.

• Upvote 1

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 minutes ago, Mike Boatright said:

Iron Bryon is not human and would set up to the ball with very little to any shoulder tilt. It's the most accurate hitter of the golf ball on the planet it makes no mistakes and is stable and symmetrical as un humanly possible.

Well you done it. You've proven yourself more ignorant and stupid than ever before. Congrats on setting a new low. 

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

8 minutes ago, iacas said:

fullretard.jpg

Seriously.. You just dropped the single funniest post in TST history.  I can't stop laughing.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

16 minutes ago, Phil McGleno said:

That's the whole point kid by setting up with moire symmetry you emulate this position wow.:-\

Sounds like you guys went full retard Paul Wilson built a whole dvd system on this topic and he is a PGA class A pro.

''Swing machine golf''

24 minutes ago, Phil McGleno said:

If this does not get you banned permanently I do not know what will.-THere is so much wrong with that that I do not know what to say.

You obviously have never seen the Iron Byron Human Edition:

r06R9gL.png

• Upvote 1

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

Here's where my issue comes from.  You've taken exactly two "short but straight" hitters, you think you've noticed a single similarity between their swings, so you conclude that this single similarity is the common thread enabling ALL straight hitters to be so accurate.  Two individuals, among the great galaxy of good golfers, do NOT indicate a trend or general rule of any kind.  Now if you were to take the time to analyze hundreds of players, and the trend holds true, maybe you'd have something, but at this stage its simply guesswork and wishful thinking.  Its easy to make wild generalizations, its much more work to develop statistically valid postulations worthy of being evaluated to see if there's a cause-and-effect link.

Totally separate from the golf side of this, when I evaluate someone, particularly if I'm not an expert in the subject being discussed, I evaluate something I DO know reasonably well, and that's the use of the English language.  In your specific case, your writing is poor at best, and completely unintelligible at times.  Its really difficult to take your views on the golf swing seriously when you communicate so poorly.

Maybe your just taking things to literal? This is 3 golfers with a 1,200 shot spectrum and 82% fairway hit rate that's what I was going by. Based on their impact position and this stat it dictates their is a reason for their success. I analyzed their swing and saw a small correlation and how it equates to impact. Your correct a larger sample size is needed,but this is a nice place to start.

Even if this is theory or postulation who cares? It's a forum for discussion not statements of only cold hard facts.

12 minutes ago, pumaAttack said:

You obviously have never seen the Iron Byron Human Edition:

Explain is this a real thing?

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Mike Boatright said:

Explain is this a real thing?

headshake.gif

Even if this is theory or postulation who cares? It's a forum for discussion not statements of only cold hard facts.

That's not really what a forum is for, and you're repeatedly ducking the "discussion."

Maybe your just taking things to literal? This is 3 golfers with a 1,200 shot spectrum and 82% fairway hit rate that's what I was going by.

You can't even seem to understand that Jerry Kelly has more axis tilt than your counter-examples: Rory, Dustin, Jamie… And you don't understand that a sample size of two or three does not prove anything, even if they WERE accurate for reasons beyond simply being short hitters.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

23 minutes ago, iacas said:

You can't even seem to understand that Jerry Kelly has more axis tilt than your counter-examples: Rory, Dustin, Jamie… And you don't understand that a sample size of two or three does not prove anything, even if they WERE accurate for reasons beyond simply being short hitters.

Maybe he did a little but less than tiger from what I can see and even less in most lpga players who are very straight. I'm actually done defending myself here it's plain as day at impact with most examples of straighter hitters.

TigerHead.jpg

• Administrator

Something is plain as day here…

Look, I'm glad you like golf, but leave the instruction and theorizing to those who have at least the first clue as to what they're talking about. Or just ask questions and learn.

• Upvote 2

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 hours ago, Mike Boatright said:

leadingshoulder_pros.jpg

I haven't followed much of what appears to be a trend of these posts, but the simple fact that you've taken some pictures that actually show a flat left wrist (which IS one of the keys that @iacas and others get us to focus on) and claimed that this supports your no axis tilt argument - do you even know what axis tilt is? - is just ludicrous. Whilst this has been an interesting read, can you please read what you're writing, not so much for the grammar, which as a teacher, I can live with, but to ensure that you're actually making a sensible, logical point.

As an aside, I've worked out today how to hit my driver far straighter than before. Guess what? The reason - utterly genuinely - was that I was driving my upper body through the ball, getting rid of the axis tilt. If I feel like I'm hitting a high slice lob wedge, it flies straight as a die, long and far, far higher than normal (which is actually an AoA of about +2). Had I listened to what you'd said, I'd be hitting worm-burners that probably endangered people on other fairways. Please, think about who might read your posts, the effect that they could have and don't claim to be an authority on something when you aren't.

Edited by b101
  • Upvote 1

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

6 hours ago, iacas said:

Analyzr Image Export.jpg

I am not disagreeing with your basic critique, but your location for the bottom of the line on the Kelly impact image is a little off. It migrated from his belt buckle to his mid-thigh. His hips are not as open as DJ. Kelly likely has a bit less added SAT than DJ, but still significantly more than he had at impact.

3 hours ago, Mike Boatright said:

I doubt that tee box is really that canted to the right and it's at least partly the camera.

Edited by natureboy

Kevin

• Administrator
3 hours ago, natureboy said:

I am not disagreeing with your basic critique, but your location for the bottom of the line on the Kelly impact image is a little off. It migrated from his belt buckle to his mid-thigh. His hips are not as open as DJ. Kelly likely has a bit less added SAT than DJ, but still significantly more than he had at impact.

It might be off by up to three degrees, but it's pretty close: you're not seeing his belt buckle because it's just behind his left wrist. If you go a few frames later you'll see his lower body doesn't turn or move forward much but the belt buckle becomes visible again.

He gets pretty open - you can see his left back pocket even though the DL view is pretty far to the right of his stance line.

Anyway, yes, he still has significant SAT, unlike what @Mike Boatright seems to be claiming.

5 hours ago, b101 said:

I haven't followed much of what appears to be a trend of these posts, but the simple fact that you've taken some pictures that actually show a flat left wrist (which IS one of the keys that @iacas and others get us to focus on) and claimed that this supports your no axis tilt argument - do you even know what axis tilt is? - is just ludicrous. Whilst this has been an interesting read, can you please read what you're writing, not so much for the grammar, which as a teacher, I can live with, but to ensure that you're actually making a sensible, logical point.

As an aside, I've worked out today how to hit my driver far straighter than before. Guess what? The reason - utterly genuinely - was that I was driving my upper body through the ball, getting rid of the axis tilt. If I feel like I'm hitting a high slice lob wedge, it flies straight as a die, long and far, far higher than normal (which is actually an AoA of about +2). Had I listened to what you'd said, I'd be hitting worm-burners that probably endangered people on other fairways. Please, think about who might read your posts, the effect that they could have and don't claim to be an authority on something when you aren't.

The pictures are just examples. Overall it's just a feel thing I tee the ball higher level my set up out up and it goes straight that's all.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Mike Boatright said:

The pictures are just examples. Overall it's just a feel thing I tee the ball higher level my set up out up and it goes straight that's all.

You seem to continue to be placing too much importance on setup and one day of hitting the ball a little better.

Note: This thread is 2915 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!