IGNORED

What Hat Would You Wear as an Amateur in a Major?

Note: This thread is 2907 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

See my avatar, or I'd just wear my Friendly's hat.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'd wear the same plain Titleist hat I usually wear. It's comfy and I see no reason to change it, other than to maybe purchase one that's less beat up, especially for the tournament. Besides, that's a near guaranteed sponsorship if you want to go pro after a good showing in the major.

12 hours ago, JetFan1983 said:

Yea. I think I'd go with a TST hat on Thursday, a Jets hat on Friday, a Bubba-Gump shrimp hat on Saturday (because I made the cut like a boss), and then on Sunday, I might go out there Robert Rock style because YOU DON'T OWN ME.  

With that hat you will miss the cut just like the J-E-T-S, Jets! Jets! Jets!  (sorry, had to do it).

The hat below has been around the world. It would love to go to Augusta National or any other Major too!

Profile Photo.JPG

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

14 hours ago, jamo said:

You're an amateur and you've made it into a major. Congratulations!

You now get an international stage to rep whatever you want on your hat. What are you wearing?

Thanks for the thought provoking question.  Maybe for Day 1 the head gear would be a baseball cap (not flat bill) from my "home" course, Leslie Park Golf Course.  Give them a little free publicity.  Day 2 a similar cap but with my alma mater's logo.  I will stop there because unless I have been given golf super powers, I am not going to make the cut. 

Brian Kuehn

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

With that hat you will miss the cut just like the J-E-T-S, Jets! Jets! Jets!  (sorry, had to do it).

The hat below has been around the world. It would love to go to Augusta National or any other Major too!

Profile Photo.JPG

I knew I would get no love for mentioning the Jets hat! Just to spite you, I may have to change it to this now:

captain-jet-gives-up-nfl-fan-gifs.gif

Constantine

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Profile Photo.JPG

Hat is great but that mug needs work.....:dance:

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

tumblr_nsorbi7MHj1uvdvxto1_1280.jpg

I actually do wear a straw fedora golf hat a lot like this.  Except mine has a U.S. Open hat band that's bit wider than this.  

Edited by Volkey

One would have to be the club where I am a member.  One would have to be my St. Andrews cap that my uncle got me when he went there.  One would be advertising my wife's company.  the final one would be advertising my brother's company.  Both of them have businesses of their own.  that of course pre-supposes I can make it to four days.  If that looks unlikely, then the four caps would have to get 9 holes each.

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

I'd wear a newsboy cap. That probably comes as news to no one ;-)

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

2 hours ago, JetFan1983 said:

I knew I would get no love for mentioning the Jets hat! Just to spite you, I may have to change it to this now:

captain-jet-gives-up-nfl-fan-gifs.gif

OK, that hat is awesome!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

OK, that hat is awesome!

Thursday would be the Sox hat as other s have worn, then Friday would be a Patriots Hat with Pat Patriots on it.

pat.jpg

Then Saturday would be another Sox hat, probably a green one.

sox hat.jpg

4x champs.jpg

And then Sunday for the win would be another Pat's hat.

5 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Profile Photo.JPG

J-E-T-S, Doesn't that mean "Just End The Season?"   :whistle:   

j/k 

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

This is my fave hat, been buying vintage trucker hats that mean something to me from eBay and Etsy I'm done with golf hats from equipment companies. I'll never play anything more prestigious than our men's club tournaments. As bad as I golf I feel dorky wearing anything too pro like these days.

il_570xN_832643070_3omd.jpg

Dave :-)

f789f39bc93339d6d6850d0163c77cfe.jpg

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

I would wear a hat from the course I played the most learning the game. 

DRIVER- Tour Edge EXS 220
3W- Adams Tight Lies 2
Hybrids- Cobra F8 19 *

Utility- Sub 70 699U #4
Irons - Sub 70 739 5-PW
Wedges- Tour Edge CB Pro 50, 54, 58
Putter- Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft #11

Ball- Titleist DT Trufeel

• 2 weeks later...
Note: This thread is 2907 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!