Jump to content
Note: This thread is 1443 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

12 posts / 5437 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

I've been thinking about getting a driving iron, I currently play a Nike VRS 21º looking to get a driving iron to replace it. I'm looking for one with some forgiveness and easy to hit. I'm a pretty good ball striker, I saw Cobra drops a new Utility Iron on May 1st but not sure if you'd qualify that as a driving iron though, Let me know what you guys think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do you think you need a driving iron? Does your hybrid go to high or a you looking for something to switch out with the hybrid every once in a while?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm looking to have something that i can switch out and i also hit my hybrid a little too high for windy days. Last couple of times I've gone out its been a tough wind and my hybrid just gets lost but I don't have my 3 iron in commission right now either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nike just released a vapor fly pro 2 iron with a loft of 17 degrees or a 3 iron with 19 degrees of loft. both are available separate 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My vote is the Tour Edge CB Pro H. Hot face and forgiving. I've cracked a couple 250 plus yarders with mine. As poor as I hit a driver it could replace it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 4/22/2016 at 8:28 PM, CSTACK said:

I'm looking to have something that i can switch out and i also hit my hybrid a little too high for windy days. Last couple of times I've gone out its been a tough wind and my hybrid just gets lost but I don't have my 3 iron in commission right now either.

A 15 degree loft FW will keep your ball at a lower loft than your 21 degree hybrid and from my own experience give you better distance than a driving iron would.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

15 minutes ago, 9wood said:

A 15 degree loft FW will keep your ball at a lower loft than your 21 degree hybrid and from my own experience give you better distance than a driving iron would.

Not sure this is going to work out for the OP, as you're talking about 6 degrees and 2-4 inches more club than a 21 degree hybrid. Plus ball flight on a FW is usually pretty high anyway. It doesn't get it any lower than a hybrid?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 hours ago, Dave2512 said:

My vote is the Tour Edge CB Pro H. Hot face and forgiving. I've cracked a couple 250 plus yarders with mine. As poor as I hit a driver it could replace it. 

me too fun off the tee and fairway if it has a perfect lie !!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Lihu said:

Not sure this is going to work out for the OP, as you're talking about 6 degrees and 2-4 inches more club than a 21 degree hybrid. Plus ball flight on a FW is usually pretty high anyway. It doesn't get it any lower than a hybrid?

I have noticed that I do indeed get high lofts with my 3 FW when I set up with the ball positioned in front of my left foot, but I can get lower lofts when I set up with the ball more towards my right foot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

40 minutes ago, 9wood said:

I have noticed that I do indeed get high lofts with my 3 FW when I set up with the ball positioned in front of my left foot, but I can get lower lofts when I set up with the ball more towards my right foot

This is more normal, but inside the left foot by a couple balls or so. I don't recommend the other way.

 

 

To the OP, here's the UDI:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, Lihu said:

This is more normal, but inside the left foot by a couple balls or so. I don't recommend the other way.

 

 

To the OP, here's the UDI:

 

Good videos. I also watched the video he made on the Adams DHY and he likes the Adams DHY better than the Taylormade UDI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_1571228715&feature=iv&src_vid=znB6chbd0hM&v=z19XozYhfY4

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1443 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...