IGNORED

My Swing (longdrive23)

longdrive23

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • “You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.” Princess Bride
    • I don't like BDC's hat hat because: 1) My personal fashion sense tells me that to pull off wearing a driver cap, one needs to have a certain "it" factor. I don't think Bryson has it. 2) The hat, which is also the log for BDC's "brand", reminds me of all of the times he has put his foot in his mouth. Like yelling at a camera operator about damaging his brand, arguing with a rules official about fire ants and OB line, slow play, the whole Brooks feud thing, making stupid comments about the vaccine, etc. 3) Even without reasons #1 and #2, I think driver caps aren't a good look. Seeing him in a regular hat, he just looked like a golfer representing the US, without all the negative things associated with his image/brand. I won't comment on his manliness, but I am a huge fan of BDC the golfer. I don't care for his non-golf persona/brand, but I think what he has done with his game is remarkable, and he's backed up his approach with a US Open win, multiple tour wins, and a good performance at the Ryder Cup. I look forward to watching him play every week.
    • Hmmmm, that doesn't really track: SG:OTT 2021: 0.660 (4th) 2014: 1.367 (1st) SG:App 2021: 0.403 (35th) 2014: 0.602 (4th) SG:ATG 2021: 0.118 (71st) 2014: 0.022 (93rd) SG:P 2021: 0.187 (66th) 2014: 0.274 (41st) Scoring/SG:Total: 2021: 70.043 (16th)/1.368 (7th) 2014: 68.827 (1st)/2.266 (1st) He's 0.898 strokes worse per round than he was in 2014, and 0.707 of that comes from driving, with another 0.199 coming from his approach shots. What's 0.707 + 0.199? 0.906, which is > 0.898. He's actually gaining 0.305 shots around the green and putting now, when he gained 0.296 in 2014. So, nah, I think his driving and approach play have tailed off. He can't hit wedges very well, either.
    • Already addressed, but to point out again… all of the rules are pretty "arbitrary."
    • Extensions in graphite are a bit tricky because it's difficult to remove them without damaging the shaft. That being said, the simple way to do it is just cut off the extension at the end of the shaft. You will still have the 2 inch piece of extension base down in the shaft but it only weighs a few grams so you won't likely even notice it's there once it's been cut and gripped again.
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Donald Sutherland
      Donald Sutherland
      (75 years old)
    2. LBlack14
      LBlack14
      (56 years old)
    3. wadekilpatrick76
      wadekilpatrick76
      (45 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...