IGNORED

GAME GOLF Accuracy (Poll and Discussion)

iacas
Note: This thread is 2904 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

GAME GOLF Stats  

55 members have voted

1. 1. How thoroughly do you edit your GAME GOLF rounds?

• I do not own a GAME GOLF.
    • I do not edit my rounds at all.
    • I edit enough to make sure the score is accurate.
    • I correct any glaring mistakes.
    • I flip through each hole and make a few adjustments here and there.
    • I edit each hole to make sure everything is as accurate as possible.

• Administrator

See the poll above and please vote.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I['ve only played 1 round with mine so far,but I can appreciate the need for decent approximation for the hole location if you want good putting stats.

Edited by cutchemist42

I go through and try to get the best accuracy i can for remembering the round afterwards. I think I get pretty close. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator

The putting stuff is particularly important, because unlike the difference between a 420-yard hole leaving you 157 versus 167 in, the difference between a 10-foot putt and a 20-foot putt is quite substantial.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I sold my GAME Golf a couple weeks ago on eBay. Sure, editing the round was a pretty easy task, but what I didn't like was having to remember to charge it, and editing in putts. The GPS (mine at least) was not very accurate (to answer your question). I was often having to move my fairway/rough points because I knew where I was in relation to a tree or the like. 

I moved to GolfPad on my phone. The GPS is a lot faster response to my location, I can still make rounds and drop pins. Inputting what club I used at the end of the round is super easy. I don't put them in on the course like GAME Golf does... but I don't need it to do that. I know exactly what club I used for each of my 90 strokes in a round so long as I remember to input them BEFORE my NEXT round and within a day or so. Otherwise I'll forget lol.

I had the 2014 GAME Golf model.

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

I edit my play around the green (location) and distance of putt's mostly with a high degree of scrutiny to achieve accuracy the best I can.

I usually tag my drives while I wait my turn or after I hit my shot, then edit the location after the round. 

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

I edit as best as I can.  I know on the green that my putting locations are probably not terribly accurate.  If I forget a tag it most often happens on the green and then I am trying to remember hole location and where I putted from.  (And my memory is probably not the best)  :hmm:

Edited by pecos24

Bill Z.

:ping: G15 Driver
:tmade: RBZ Stage 2 3 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 5 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 7 wood
:tmade: Burner 2.0 4I-AW
:cleveland: CG15 56
DLR Hog 1005D Putter

I choose "I flip through each hole and make a few adjustments here and there".  That was the closest choice for me.  My guess is around half the holes I don't have to make adjustments.  The other half of the holes I make one or more adjustments.  If I was a better putter I'd be making more adjustments, for all those 2nd or third putt 1 and 2 footers Game Golf is mostly getting right.  The longer made putts pretty much always need an adjustment.

I'm  detailed about my editing and I'm looking at every shot, the majority of my adjustments are for made putts flag adjustments and marking putts off the green.

I also have to remove a few "detected shots" per round on average.  If I help someone out by looking for a ball or whatever, I often get an erroneous "detected shot".  I wonder how Game Golf is determining the detected shots.

I go through each shot and make sure it is accurate, editing as necessary. I'm pretty meticulous about it.

Sometimes the course mapping does funky things like set you at the wrong tee box. Sometimes I'm just in (or not) a bunker or rough and the margin of error on the GPS has me otherwise, so I correct that. I tend to use my putter a lot from off the green and if I am close enough, it assumes I'm on it. I write down the length of my first putt (estimating as best as I can) and make sure that and the ensuing putts are accurate, too, which is much easier since they added the distance of putts.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
1 hour ago, jkelley9 said:

Sure, editing the round was a pretty easy task, but what I didn't like was having to remember to charge it, and editing in putts. The GPS (mine at least) was not very accurate (to answer your question). I was often having to move my fairway/rough points because I knew where I was in relation to a tree or the like.

That wasn't my question at all. My question about the accuracy is more about the accuracy of your stats. GPS is only accurate to about 3 yards with clear skies - amongst trees it's often less.

The more accurate the stats you enter, the more accurate the stats you get out. GG is pretty darn simple, really, for the types of stats you can get out of it (or which you could get in the future).

1 hour ago, jkelley9 said:

I moved to GolfPad on my phone. The GPS is a lot faster response to my location, I can still make rounds and drop pins. Inputting what club I used at the end of the round is super easy. I don't put them in on the course like GAME Golf does... but I don't need it to do that. I know exactly what club I used for each of my 90 strokes in a round so long as I remember to input them BEFORE my NEXT round and within a day or so. Otherwise I'll forget lol.

I don't see that as any easier than moving the pins slightly. Your phone GPS is likely no more accurate. Civilian GPS isn't terribly accurate.

This thread, FWIW, is mostly for GG owners to see how other GG owners use the devices and the accuracy of the data they input as that can affect the accuracy of the data others get back out of it.

15 minutes ago, billchao said:

Sometimes the course mapping does funky things like set you at the wrong tee box. Sometimes I'm just in (or not) a bunker or rough and the margin of error on the GPS has me otherwise, so I correct that. I tend to use my putter a lot from off the green and if I am close enough, it assumes I'm on it. I write down the length of my first putt (estimating as best as I can) and make sure that and the ensuing putts are accurate, too, which is much easier since they added the distance of putts.

I don't even write them down. I just remember them. Once you get outside of 20 feet or so… the line gets kind of flat. So 22' or 27' doesn't matter too much. Inside of 20 feet it matters much more, but accuracy (memory) is easier there, too.

1 minute ago, iacas said:

I don't even write them down. I just remember them. Once you get outside of 20 feet or so… the line gets kind of flat. So 22' or 27' doesn't matter too much. Inside of 20 feet it matters much more, but accuracy (memory) is easier there, too.

Anything outside of 20' is beyond my ability to estimate accurately anyway, so I'll just write down 25' or 40' or whatever, rounding to the nearest 5'.

I write stuff down (like GIR or nGIR, fairway hit, etc.) so I don't have to remember. It's just easier for me. I don't pay much attention to what I did on the course because my focus is always on the shot ahead of me. It allows me to let go of bad shots pretty easily but sometimes I don't even know what hole number I'm playing.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I get it really close and look at every shot. IMO the editing could be better. It needs a way to manually input putting distances instead of dragging tags. There are times I have a 2" tap in and the closest I can drag it is to 2'. Not sure what the stat impact would be but it gets a little messy where there are more than one tag close to the hole it might grab the hole or the other putt no needing to be moved if it's tags and hole on top of each other.

A way to select when a ball in in a bunker would be nice too. The mapping is a little iffy and I've had to move tags around to get it to recognize bunkers, fairways, greens etc. To get the stats to match the shot sometimes it's not exactly how it was on the course.

Dave :-)

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Dave2512 said:

I get it really close and look at every shot. IMO the editing could be better. It needs a way to manually input putting distances instead of dragging tags. There are times I have a 2" tap in and the closest I can drag it is to 2'. Not sure what the stat impact would be but it gets a little messy where there are more than one tag close to the hole it might grab the hole or the other putt no needing to be moved if it's tags and hole on top of each other.

I haven't had that issue. The most annoying thing to me is that the hole map zooms out far too often.

4 minutes ago, Dave2512 said:

A way to select when a ball in in a bunker would be nice too. The mapping is a little iffy and I've had to move tags around to get it to recognize bunkers, fairways, greens etc. To get the stats to match the shot sometimes it's not exactly how it was on the course.

I sometimes wish there was an "advanced" mode where they drew the lines that showed the marking points on the map. That way you could put the ball in the bunker or just out of it even if it's a little off from the map without the "move it, wait to see if it got it, move it again…" dance.

Though that is pretty rare, in my experiences.

I reconcile with my scorecard.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

The last 5 rounds I'm pretty sure my putting is close as far as distances of my putts. Every thing else I just use the GPS measurements. It only looked off one time when I hit my drive about 250 and hybrid about 200 and it stated I hit my hybrid 218 and drove only 234.

It seems pretty accurate once I figured out how to edit my putts and not include the stats until edited. I just have to get used to the new UI , basically I have to remember to tag my shots because the phone app edit doesn't work very well at all.

The system is very easy to use.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I go through each hole, compare it to my memory of how I played it on the course (and my scorecard), and try to edit for as much accuracy as possible.

As long as I do the editing within a day or two, I've found I can pretty much remember every shot.  I do have trouble remembering pin positions sometimes, so I might start making some sort of notation for that on my card...maybe just write down the lengths of my putts for each hole.

- John

I voted "I edit enough to make sure the score is accurate."

I'll fix it up a bit, but I don't agonize over it. I also don't post all my rounds, so if a round is too ****ed up because I forgot to tag some shots or whatever, I'll just leave it unsigned. Having an accurate handicap is the least of my concerns golf wise and until it's somewhere below a 20, I won't pay too much attention to it  

Game Golf still thinks my best drive was 440 yard hybrid or something. POW!!!!!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

2 hours ago, Ernest Jones said:

I also don't post all my rounds, so if a round is too ****ed up because I forgot to tag some shots or whatever, I'll just leave it unsigned.

You don't have to leave it unsigned.  They put in a couple of options.  When you're finished reviewing the round, select the gear (or whatever) button next to the "sign round" button:

Screen Shot 2015-10-06 at 5.46.17 PM.png

That opens a window that lets you select some options.  The default settings are to "include round in stats" and "make round public."

Screen Shot 2015-10-06 at 5.46.39 PM.png

But you can de-select these options if you want.  Obviously, if you don't care that the rest of the GG universe (and most importantly, the TST universe) sees the round, you can leave "make round public" checked and only deselect the "stats" option.  But if it was really so bad that total privacy is required, then here's what you want:

Screen Shot 2015-10-06 at 5.47.00 PM.png

And then click "sign round."  It's done, and won't mess up the stats.

(As you see, they also have a select tee box button, but I don't know why that's still there--they don't use that for anything that I can see.  When I first started using it, they had the tees for my home course all messed up; I emailed them the scorecard and they made it even worse; I emailed them back, and they said not to worry about it.)

• Upvote 1

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Note: This thread is 2904 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!