IGNORED

Streamsong in August - Looking for 7 to 11 Golfers

iacas
Note: This thread is 2674 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

I'm interested in finding 8 or 12 golfers (well, 7 or 11, as I'm counting myself in the 8/12) to spend a few days in mid- to late August at Streaming resort in FL.

Who is interested in helping to arrange a trip, and who is interested in going on said trip?

Probably looking at single-digit type guys, or guys close to that level, for this trip only.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am interested in going on the trip. I don't know how much help I'd be at arranging it but I would be willing to help with that if I can.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

I am always down to visit home. I've played streamsong red. Amazing. 

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

You will have a great time.-Members I know have raved about the place.

27 minutes ago, iacas said:

Probably looking at single-digit type guys, or guys close to that level, for this trip only.

Do not blame you for that.-I like playing golf with players of all levels but sometimes you just want to play with better players and not spend your day watching relatively bad golf.-Sorry if that offends anyone.

Wish I could go. Wife and I take August off and do our own travel.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

As much as I would like to go I just can't commit to it this early. I interviewed for a new job two weeks ago and I am waiting for call back. I don't know if I will have leave time available if I switch jobs. I don't want to commit to something like this then have to bail when things don't fall right.  It wouldn't be fair to Erik or others who can commit to going. 

If there is a spot open closer to August and I can work out some time away then I'll consider it. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

30 minutes ago, iacas said:

So...I could still help organize... :-P

- John

Guess I was a bit too quick to respond, though I should have realized it would be targeted at single digit guys again. Oh well, just another reason to keep working on my game.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Pop a couple of high 70's and low 80's rounds by July 15th and you're in! 

Kyle Paulhus

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Unfortunately I can't take any significant time off between memorial day and labor day, it being our peak season. Sounds like fun though.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

3 hours ago, kpaulhus said:

Pop a couple of high 70's and low 80's rounds by July 15th and you're in! 

haha, yeah, I can't even reliably get mid 80's. That being said, I'll definitely be doing my best.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Im in florida shoot low 80s and would love to help arrange and play with you guys. If u have trouble filling up with lower handicap guys im your man.

@Joe Guastella you need to be more active on TST.

Kyle Paulhus

I would love to go, but pretty much all of my available vacation time (and budget) is already committed to my Ireland trip in June, and our  Thanksgiving week in Pinehurst.  The photos of the courses look amazing, I'm sure the guys who go will have a great time.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

@iacasdo you have any kind of preliminary schedule? Or # of days? Streamsong is kind of out in the middle of nowhere and is an hour and a half drive from Tampa and Orlando. I remember not having cell phone reception on the course when I played it.

Just based on their packages online, it looks like it will be about $180-200 per day for golf and lodge, which is very reasonable IMO. I was going to book one night two rounds in March and it was well over $500.

I would love to help plan this as I am very familiar with the area. 

Kyle Paulhus

I'm in the Tampa area but I only shoot single digits if you spread my score from front nine over all 18 (actually I am awesome if you do that. I'm shooting high 50s then!). If you have time and plan on doing other activities like Topgolf or dinner though and don't mind breaking bread with a hacker let me know. 

Edited by Gator Hazard

• Administrator
On May 4, 2016 at 10:12 AM, kpaulhus said:

@iacasdo you have any kind of preliminary schedule? Or # of days? Streamsong is kind of out in the middle of nowhere and is an hour and a half drive from Tampa and Orlando. I remember not having cell phone reception on the course when I played it.

Just based on their packages online, it looks like it will be about $180-200 per day for golf and lodge, which is very reasonable IMO. I was going to book one night two rounds in March and it was well over $500.

I would love to help plan this as I am very familiar with the area. 

I'm thinking…

Arrive August 17.

Depart August 20.

Play a lot of golf on the 18th and 19th. :-)

I can take the heat, and it's after Chautauqua is done, and before I really start up with Penn-State Behrend.

Plus August is the $122 time frame.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 hours ago, iacas said:

I'm thinking…

Arrive August 17.

Depart August 20.

Play a lot of golf on the 18th and 19th. :-)

I can take the heat, and it's after Chautauqua is done, and before I really start up with Penn-State Behrend.

Plus August is the $122 time frame.

Lol dang it that is the exact weekend of my Club Championship.

Kyle Paulhus

Note: This thread is 2674 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!