IGNORED

Which Sun Mountain Bag/Cart Combo Do You Like?

Note: This thread is 922 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sun Mountain Gear  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which Push Cart do you Like Most?

• Reflex Cart
    • Speed Cart V1 Sport
    • MC3 Micro-Cart
  2. 2. Which Bag do you Like Most?

• 2Five Bag
    • Three5 Bag
    • ZeroG Bag
    • Front9 Bag
    • Four5 Bag
    • C130 Stand Bag
    • XCR Stand Bag
    • Looper Caddie Bag

22 hours ago, jkelley9 said:

I really like my MC3 micro cart but I'm thinking the 4-wheel design is not for me. As I said in another thread in this section, if my bag rotates a little the pockets will drag on the wheels; very annoying. In the 3-wheel design I don't think it's possibly to have this problem.

Although I'm thinking of purchasing the C130 bag (not sure on stand vs cart yet... thinking maybe stand bag now). That may alleviate the problem entirely.

You can widen the front wheels on my Micro-cart. I like that the four wheel design folds much smaller.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

You can widen the front wheels on my Micro-cart. I like that the four wheel design folds much smaller.

Woah. If this is true, then then may be a game changer! I actually just looked up which one I bought, the product I bought, per the page on rockbottomgolf is the "Sun Mountain Golf Micro-Cart Sport Push Cart." It's 4-wheels. It may not actually the MC-3? I'll check it out when I get home later this evening.

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

I voted for the Four5 bag. I currently have a 6 way/divider bag which I like a lot. I would have went with the 3Five but having only 4 dividers does not seem like it would be enough so I opted for having more instead of less. Really wish they had a six way though. Didn't vote for the push cart because I prefer to carry, pushing always seemed to mess with my stride/gait causing some knee pain.

1 hour ago, jkelley9 said:

Woah. If this is true, then then may be a game changer! I actually just looked up which one I bought, the product I bought, per the page on rockbottomgolf is the "Sun Mountain Golf Micro-Cart Sport Push Cart." It's 4-wheels. It may not actually the MC-3? I'll check it out when I get home later this evening.

If there are Allen key bolts under the front axle, then it should be adjustable. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On 6/8/2016 at 5:22 PM, boogielicious said:

If there are Allen key bolts under the front axle, then it should be adjustable. 

I found two allen bolts next to the front wheels on both sides. I took one out and could not budge them for the life of me. I actually have no idea what the purpose is for these bolts if not to adjust the axle width? But mine wouldn't budge, I can tell you that... maybe I should take a picture and see what you guys think?

I did go ahead and buy the C130 bag. Golfsmith had a $30 on Sun Mountain cart bag specifically and I knew I would either be buying the C130 or the Tour Series cart bag (was a closeout deal on budget golf for 199). The C130 was 220 but I was getting my putter re-gripped anyways which came out to almost exactly $30 so I bought the bag and immediately used the gift card :)

I'm extremely pleased with the bag as a whole. I definitely do not have the same problem with the side pockets dragging.

However, There is this weird heavy-duty stitched cloth "loop" on the base of the bag that sticks out sideways. It rubs against the inside of the wheel unless the bag is juuuuust right :cry:what's this loop thing for? I'll take a picture later tonight if nobody knows what I'm talking about. Is it maybe for a longer bag strap or something? Should I just cut it off? Is there a cool purpose behind it that I don't even know about? :-D

Edit: of I forgot to mention. I checked out the MC3 cart while at Golfsmith. Wow! What a great cart. Mine is definitely not an MC3. It was a whole level of quality above mine in terms of materials. Mine is actually labeled as "sport." It looks identical to the MC3 in terms of the layout of the cart but appears either an older model or a more barebones (cheaper materials) model. It looked slightly larger too. I could put my bag on there with zero issues whereas on mine it's a little tight.

Edited by jkelley9

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

• 2 weeks later...

ZG............ if you carry this is the bag for you. The belt even acts like a lower back brace. The first one I bought used and have had the second one a couple of years now, and am looking to get a 2015 model as a backup. I did replace the belt with a weight lifters belt because it's Velcro and more convenient and faster for me. I do have a Clicgear hand cart but don't use it anymore.

Edited by gmc1950s
added detail

There is a sun mountain bag that has an excellent strap that looks like a back-pack strap. It provided a LOT more support for carrying it. Unfortunately my C130 did not come with that fancy strap. It was reallllly comfortable, I could easily see myself carrying even my cart bag with that strap.

Anyone know where to get these and how to affix them to the C130 cart bag?

jkelly9

If you are not talking about the Zero Gravity (ZG) bag, the one with the waist belt, then I'm not sure about the strap system you are talking about. However I'm retired and walk everyday, so I will look into the strap system you mentioned.

• 2 weeks later...

I picked the Speed Cart V1 (I use a Cliq Gear though) and would be the SM cart I'd choose. I have the C130 stand bag - great bag with lots of room like a cart bag, and the 14 way dividers are the way to go for sure. 

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

On 5/1/2016 at 9:59 PM, onthehunt526 said:

@iacas

You forgot a bag and the bag I have so therefore I can't vote. I Have the H2NO and love it with the MC3 Push-Cart and I love it... 

So Erik put the H2NO bag in the choices and I'll vote.

I have the same bag and it's great, except for the rain cover, which I find a little tight. It's okay, but just gives me an uneasy feeling and it is tricky to access all the clubs.

• iacas unfeatured this topic
  • 1 month later...

One complaint I have about the C130 cart bag is that it doesn't have a hook-and-loop (Velcro) section to slap my glove on. As silly as it sounds... this is kind of irritating to me. 

I'll be sewing one on in the near future.

• iacas unpinned this topic
  • 3 months later...
On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 3:17 PM, Hardspoon said:

I voted for the C130 bag.  I really like the design (cart bag, but with straps/stand).  The vast majority of my rounds are either using a push cart or a riding cart, but it's nice to have for the range or the rare occasion that I walk.  I like 14-way dividers, so there was only one other bag that I'd buy (Four 5).

Semi-resurrecting this thread since I just purchased a Sun Mountan X-One cart bag.  I ended up going with that over the C130 due to the more streamlined size (I don't carry much stuff, and the big cart bags always seem sort of dorky to me) and lighter weight.  The only feature I'm disappointed about missing is the pass-through cart strap, but it wasn't worth the increased size just for that.

I'm looking forward to having a bag that doesn't twist and turn in my riding cart.

- John

• 4 years later...

Just saw these but apparently they’ve been out since 2018…pretty cool for guys that walk a lot. It’s a bag built onto the cart as a single unit. No straps loosening up or bag twisting on the cart.

F8CD792A-B1B5-46B3-AC78-5B794948702A.jpeg

3FF117BA-E4FD-47B4-BDF1-8847FE51DD86.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Note: This thread is 922 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!