IGNORED

2016 U.S. Open at Oakmont Discussion Thread

nevets88
Note: This thread is 2836 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

10 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

Sullivan, Landry, Piercy? Where are these guys coming from? Lol Piercy could be about 10-under right now if he could make a 3-footer.

Course playing pretty easy right now. 20 guys under par for their second round....12 of them are 2-under or better. 

You make this comment every major homeboy

Riley

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

39 minutes ago, Hardspoon said:

Phil is at +4...Piercy is a couple shots off the lead. Day is the #1 in the world (and they aren't showing him that much).

42 wins and very popular player.Enough said although the whole time they didnt show him they only played one hole.pace of play lil slow starting.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Steve

These guys are taking some mammoth divots.

Steve

I hope DJ can get this one. It would be cool to see if he can get one where it will lead. He has enough game to win anywhere.

Scott Piercy is coached by a pro I follow on Twitter, radargolfpro, very prolific Tweeter.

Steve

It looks like the low round of the championship will belong not to a household name, but Daniel Summerhays.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Summerhays, 65

Screen Shot 2016-06-17 at 7.38.19 PM.png

Steve

Steve

You can make par the easy way, and you can make par the hard way.

Sergio Garcia just made par on the ninth the hard way.

I left Oosthuizen for dead back at the first hole; he's made four birdies in a row since then.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

12 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

You can make par the easy way, and you can make par the hard way.

Sergio Garcia just made par on the ninth the hard way.

I left Oosthuizen for dead back at the first hole; he's made four birdies in a row since then.

Oosthuizen is dangerous. That's one guy that could be +10 and still in it. I actually think he was +9 or +10 at one point last year at Chambers Bay and came all the way back to almost win.

Geez.Golf channel guys are drooling all over DJ.Half the field hasnt even played 2nd round and they ready to crown him it seems.The guy cant putt even though its Oakmont.Firmer conditions will make it tougher.He wont continue to drive the ball straight as he  has.Anyone notice how loud Chamblee seems to talk?

1 minute ago, Aflighter said:

Geez.Golf channel guys are drooling all over DJ.Half the field hasnt even played 2nd round and they ready to crown him it seems.The guy cant putt even though its Oakmont.Firmer conditions will make it tougher.He wont continue to drive the ball straight as he  has.Anyone notice how loud Chamblee seems to talk?

I think DJ has good shot this week. Actually threw some money on him pre-week.  Just seems to be coming together for him.

Note: This thread is 2836 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!