IGNORED

2016 U.S. Open at Oakmont Discussion Thread

nevets88
Note: This thread is 2834 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

6 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

63 Watch!

I wish NBC was broadcasting. Johnny Miller would be churning like Amish butter at the thought of Koepka breaking his record.

He'd find some way to discreetly, passively hint that his 63 was better than someone else's 62. 

HOLD THE DOOR!

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Just now, nevets88 said:

He'd find some way to discreetly, passively hint that his 63 was better than someone else's 62. 

Oh c'mon.

First, he doesn't talk about it as much as people say. Second, it may have been the single greatest round in modern major history. Top three isn't even really a debate off the top of my head.

It was a huge deal. Especially given what happened in 1974. :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Nice break for Branden Grace. Pulled it so far left, he ended up on 9 fairway. Bounced right through the little rut/hazard between them.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

Oh c'mon.

First, he doesn't talk about it as much as people say. Second, it may have been the single greatest round in modern major history. Top three isn't even really a debate off the top of my head.

It was a huge deal. Especially given what happened in 1974. :-)

I agree it's an amazing round, he doesn't talk about it as much as people say, it's just the guy has a real case of [I'm my biggest fan]-itis, but all then all those player turned announcers are, so I guess par is the course. Norman was probably the worst.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Dustin with a nice statement opening drive.  Long and down the middle. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I think most of us are expecting Lowry to come back a bit but the guy is a tough competitor. So much can happen with how firm the course is going to play. Think there's going to be a lot of fluctuating on the leaderboard. I'd like to see DJ win but I wouldn't be disappointed if guys like Landry or DeChambeau pulled out the upset.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

My lord Dustin. All day please, all day.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Stupidly good drive. He needs to hit that club more today, it was the pulled 6 irons that cost him yesterday.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

9 minutes ago, atb5079 said:

My lord Dustin. All day please, all day.

That was nuts. His talent is stupid.

Colin P.

Oh Dustin :-(  That approach. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Huge putt for the confidence DJ. 

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Lowry is 1st and 2nd in putting and short game this week.

Please explain again how important long game is... :whistle:

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

Just now, pumaAttack said:

In fairness, when you combine that with his 22nd and 28th for driving and approach, that'd explain it! It's not like he's been rubbish off the tee...

• Upvote 1

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

2 minutes ago, pumaAttack said:

So do you agree with Azinger when he just said about the dumbest thing I've ever heard ...

"Everybody makes the same amount of tee shots and the same amount of second shots so the only way to separate yourself is around the green."

Good lord is that idiotic.

Joe Buck and the rest of them need to talk more just so Azinger will have less opportunity to say more dumb shit.

• Upvote 4

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, pumaAttack said:

Please educate yourself and stop with the stupid comments.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Have to say, I really like the fact that there are holes where the players are taking 6 iron layups. Just goes to show the hole is well-designed when there's that variety of options.

Note: This thread is 2834 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!