IGNORED

2016 U.S. Open at Oakmont Discussion Thread

nevets88
Note: This thread is 2830 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Nice pitch for Lowry on #8, nice approach on #9.  Good timing.

P.S. to the announcer:  Jack didn't try to win a major 18 times.  He was successful 18 times, plus 19 runner-up finishes, plus other less-successful entries. 

... Dustin makes his birdie.  Tied for the lead. :-)

• Upvote 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hell yes DJ. Approach and putt gotta be major confidence boost for him.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Just now, Shindig said:

Nice pitch for Lowry on #8, nice approach on #9.  Good timing.

P.S. to the announcer:  Jack didn't try to win a major 18 times.  He was successful 18 times, plus 19 runner-up finishes, plus other less-successful entries. 

Nuh uh! He only tried to win those 18 majors. The rest were :-Ppractice. Joe Buck is never wrong. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Hey, someone on TV said "the best ball strikers are rising to the top."  They're right!

Jim Furyk backed off of a putt?  Shocking!

Confirmed:  2016 US Open will be won under par.  All that remains is who.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Pretty impressive for Furyk to finish high up on the leaderboard after the surgery and few reps coming in this year. Good stuff.

• Upvote 2

Anyone know what DJ is discussing with the rules official?

(Edit) Appears to be line of sight relief from the tower.  Something that doesn't usually apply to us :-)

-- Michael | My swing! 

1 minute ago, Shindig said:

Anyone know what DJ is discussing with the rules official?

(Edit) Appears to be line of sight relief from the tower.  Something that doesn't usually apply to us :-)

WHAT A BREAK!!!!! 

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Just now, RJH999 said:

Wooooow. Good ass luck

You need some luck to win sometimes.

1 minute ago, Aflighter said:

Wow.That's gotta be the worst rule ever seen.Get to drop outside of rough.

Where else would he drop?  The purpose of that rule is essentially to allow the tournament to be aired well on TV. 

• Upvote 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

My lord Westwood and Landry choked today. Eesh

Just now, Shindig said:

Where else would he drop?  The purpose of that rule is essentially to allow the tournament to be aired well on TV. 

He couldve went to the right.Just dsnt seem fair to get to drop outside a different area that improves lie that much.

Piercy steady.  Two birdies, the rest pars, most U.S. Opens that'd move you up a bit. 

1 minute ago, Aflighter said:

He couldve went to the right.Just dsnt seem fair to get to drop outside a different area that improves lie that much.

Sure, but sometimes a drop makes your lie worse too. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

35 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

That grass is long and I think you're allowed to touch the grass, just not the ground, right?

But yeah, I'd have been hovering my club a bit higher.

Doesn't matter. He can't be forced to play around a temporary immovable obstruction. Everyone gets benefit of that rule so it's not unfair. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

1 minute ago, Shindig said:

Piercy steady.  Two birdies, the rest pars, most U.S. Opens that'd move you up a bit. 

Sure, but sometimes a drop makes your lie worse too. 

Geez wish we got relief like that in our trnys.Cant even play from drop zones.

Note: This thread is 2830 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!