Sign in to follow this  
nevets88

2016 U.S. Open at Oakmont Discussion Thread

Note: This thread is 1239 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1,307 posts / 64790 viewsLast Reply

Clean up your post.  Looks like I'm saying Joe Buck is bad.  

I don't agree.  I could concede that an opinion about Joe Buck being average or below average is reasonable.  But not very bad.  And my opinion is definitive here because I'm smart. 

Edited by Aguirre

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

34 minutes ago, pumaAttack said:

Wow...

peoole are complaining about the lack of coverage?!?

FS1 came on the air at 8am ET and went off the air at 9pm ET.   If you don't have cable that's your fault, not FOXs or the USGAs.   The amount of coverage has been incredible. 

Totally agree.  It wasn't that long ago that in an event like this where they went way off schedule due to weather that we missed out on a lot.

Fox's adaptation to the revised schedule has been, IMO, phenomenal.

And regarding the actual broadcast, I've been quite impressed with that as well.  Way more pro tracer than we ever get to see normal weeks and the one that I think is way under-utilized is the split screen where they show the golfer on the left and the overhead pro tracer above a graphic of the hole on the right.  Love that one.

Fox is knocking it out of the park.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 minutes ago, Scotsclaff said:

The late comers are teeing it up at 7am local time.According to CBS.

usopen.com website says this too

14 minutes ago, Scotsclaff said:

Thanks.

Shane just birdied 15.

Lowry on fire!

But come on guys, look at the data.  Gotta go for the green on 17.  Lowry leaves himself a terrible approach after laying up.   Should have hit the driver. 

5 minutes ago, pumaAttack said:

Lowry on fire!

But come on guys, look at the data.  Gotta go for the green on 17.  Lowry leaves himself a terrible approach after laying up.   Should have hit the driver. 

He made a nice recovery, but I agree. Can't get timid now Shane! DJ is breathing down his neck too. 

I've loved everything about the coverage except I still think the camerawork is a bit lacking. Other than that, nothing but positives.

3 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

He made a nice recovery, but I agree. Can't get timid now Shane! DJ is breathing down his neck too. 

Ha, of course he makes birdie.  

Lowry at -7, wow!

Lowry separating himself from field this morning. On absolute fire right now. Looks like it may be his week. In perfect position on 18 to perhaps shoot 64.

7 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Didn't play it too badly after all.:dance:

Just now, Chilli Dipper said:

Lowry may be building up too wide of a lead. Nowhere to go now but way down.

Are you saying you would rather have a 1 stroke lead over a 10 stroke lead?!

Note: This thread is 1239 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!