IGNORED

Stubborn Steepness

• Administrator

@DeadPoets, I think you misunderstood.

This topic isn't the GG topic, and we try to keep things pretty much on topic here.

I assure you, we like to talk about swing mechanics, theoretical or otherwise… just in the proper place.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, iacas said:

@DeadPoets, I think you misunderstood.

This topic isn't the GG topic, and we try to keep things pretty much on topic here.

I assure you, we like to talk about swing mechanics, theoretical or otherwise… just in the proper place.

That's fair.

And btw, maybe I misunderstood your response to me earlier.  But were you saying that you've "largely gone away from those moves" (like holding a tray)?  

Or that you've gone away from drills like the one you posted in your YT video in 2016? Because that looks like an awesome drill (unless of course it never translated at full speed).

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, DeadPoets said:

And btw, maybe I misunderstood your response to me earlier.  But were you saying that you've "largely gone away from those moves" (like holding a tray)?  

Holding a tray is a killer for me, yeah. I'm trying to feel much less right wrist extension. My right wrist gets highly extended when my elbow gets too narrow. I wasn't feeling "holding a tray" in the video you've posted twice now, no.

3 minutes ago, DeadPoets said:

Or that you've gone away from drills like the one you posted in your YT video in 2016? Because that looks like an awesome drill (unless of course it never translated at full speed).

I've gone away from those drills. At any speed, the wrists will not "move" the clubhead like shown in that video.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Coming back to this thread I feel like most of us who struggled with this came from the place where the backswing was nowhere near steep enough. I’m not saying that’s for everyone but a lot of golfers could improve by making their backswing steeper. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

This is a great video bound to help a lot of people out there. I came to a somewhat similar conclusion a while back but this one really is good IMO.