IGNORED

Do you feel your swing as one motion? 2? 3?

Note: This thread is 1708 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What does your swing feel like?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Do you feel your swing as one motion? or 2? or 3?

• One motion
    • 2 - a backswing and a downswing
    • 3 - a backswing, transition and then a downswing
    • Other? Please explain!

Obviously, a golf swing is not a continuous motion - at least not in the sense that it goes back, stops, and then goes forwards.  But much like drawing your arm back and then punching "Feels like a continuous motion" . .I started experimenting with trying to make my swing feel like one motion instead of 2 or 3. 

Does your swing feel like one motion to you?  Or does it feel like a backswing and then a downswing?  Or a backswing, a transition and a downswing? 

I guess my natural feeling is that it is a backswing and then a downswing . .but I think that needs to change to one motion.  It's not really a hard change to make - although kind of hard to describe.  Instead of getting to (near) the top of my backswing and then "GO" . .it's more like address the ball and then "GO".  I lose external awareness in much the same way as I have always done on my downswing.  

Edited by Rainmaker

I voted one motion only because when I start my take away, i don't pay any attention to what my total swing is doing until the ball tells me what I did right, or wrong. 

Obviously there is a fraction of a second where the back swing stops, and the down swing starts. I just don't notice it. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 hours ago, SavvySwede said:

I voted three. Backswing, lower body on the downswing, and then upper body on the downswing.

This is what I feel too. Load, transition, release/go.

I voted one because unless I'm practicing on the range I don't want to think about, or feel, separate parts of the swing.

• Upvote 1

To me, it feels like 2 moves...and that's my thought.  Turn back, turn through.

To others, I'm told that it looks like a man trying to kill a snake with a stick...  

:8)

5 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I voted two, but should it should be 2.001: a backswing, a split second of terrorizing panic, then a downswing.

Same here. Hard to ignore that "oh my God, what have I done!!!" moment of panic. Ha ha. 

Funny thing is, the more terror I feel in transition, the better the result typically is. 

:blink:

• Upvote 1

I've been experimenting more with the "one motion" thought . .I realized, it really doesn't matter that much - what I want to change is that my backswing is *related* to my downswing.  If they are one motion, 2 motions . .as long as they are related to each other and not, as they kind of are now, independent from one another. 

I was/am having too much of a backswing, then a downswing feel . .without any real reactivity or dynamic qualities, not much coil, etc. 

Note: This thread is 1708 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!