IGNORED

Playing a Round of Golf Solo

boil3rmak3r
Note: This thread is 2764 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 11:55 PM, Dave2512 said:

Golf is golf, rules are easy enough to follow with or without a witness.  I don't play any different alone or with others. if you need a babysitter it's time to rethink everything golf isn't your problem. 

Ditto ....

• Administrator
18 hours ago, Groucho Valentine said:

I posted a 9-hole 35 i shot a week ago. 

IT WAS SOLO

Cool. So you willingly violated the rules, and post here to brag about it?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, iacas said:

Thats what revolucionarios like me do. Get on the Grocho train and be set free, my friend. Before its too late. 

Solo rounds aren't all that great anyway, you spend a lot of time just waiting. You don't get to talk to other people.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

5 minutes ago, Lihu said:

Solo rounds aren't all that great anyway, you spend a lot of time just waiting. You don't get to talk to other people.

I can play 18 with 3 other people and not "talk to other people".
When playing a solo round I usually hum some jazz to myself and find a state of serenity, tranquility and a bit of zen meditation.

That is until I duff a ball OB, and then I am a solo lunatic screaming at myself in the fairway!!!!!

Serenity now!!!!!! Serenity now!!!!

• Upvote 1

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

15 minutes ago, Lihu said:

They're not. But a lot of times when i play after work there are few players out on the course. I tend to rush a bit when i play alone. 

55 minutes ago, iacas said:

How else could he get to be a +1 handicap, if he didn't post all those low scores that nobody saw him shoot?

• Upvote 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

How else could he get to be a +1 handicap, if he didn't post all those low scores that nobody saw him shoot?

Sounds like you're calling @Groucho Valentinea liar...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Just now, Valleygolfer said:

Sounds like you're calling @Groucho Valentinea liar...

@Groucho Valentine has has freely admitted that he's a person who had decided that the rules of the handicap system don't apply to him, yet he chooses to maintain a handicap.  In fact, he's proud of purposely breaking the rules.  I don't need to say anything more.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

Very intriguing indeed. Ive only become a + handicap in the last three months, you know. I wonder how long its going to be until my secret is discovered! 

Just now, DaveP043 said:

@Groucho Valentine has has freely admitted that he's a person who had decided that the rules of the handicap system don't apply to him, yet he chooses to maintain a handicap.  In fact, he's proud of purposely breaking the rules.  I don't need to say anything more.

Damn skippy son! 

2 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

He might break the rules in this case but it doesn't make him a liar. Maybe since he is a liar he made up the story that he shot and posted that round... Hmm the conundrum...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

7 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

He might break the rules in this case but it doesn't make him a liar. Maybe since he is a liar he made up the story that he shot and posted that round... Hmm the conundrum...

Wow...thats deep. 

19 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

10 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

Wow...thats deep. 

All right you guys are playing way too many solo rounds and there's far too much self reflection. . .start playing with other people. Socialize! :-D

• Upvote 1

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

"All right you guys are playing way too many solo rounds and there's far too much self reflection. . .start playing with other people. Socialize "

and you'd inflict us on all the unsuspecting people?  sounds harsh

Bill - 

2 minutes ago, Lihu said:

All right you guys are playing way too many solo rounds and there's far too much self reflection. . .start playing with other people. Socialize! :-D

I purposely play alone just so i can stick it to the USGA. 

• Upvote 1

before the rule change I posted every score unless I did something that invalidated the round for posting (extra balls or not playing consistent tees).   I typically play most rounds by myself so my handicap hasn't moved much.  

Now with playing by myself I invent different games to make it fun.  There are four sets of tees where I play (back, normal men's tees, forward men's tees and senior tees).    I just got some different colored poker chips and use those to represent the different tee boxes. I pull one out in each hole before I tee off and use the chip corresponding to the tee box to tell me what tee to use.   Makes for some really interesting shots, both long and short. 

—Adam

Note: This thread is 2764 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!