• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2020 TST Partners

PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    • Rather than focusing on the length of a missed putt, I'd like to offer a different point of view, while staying in the genre of the most demoralizing shot being a putt.  Having to take a third putt, THAT, is the most demoralizing shot in golf.  F 3-Putts! F them right in the A!!
    • I won't play this course again until next January, but I did have five birdies on the Stadium Course at PGA West....
    • With fourteen years experience working at a mid-level private club, and more recently, with a year and a half working at one of the most exclusive clubs in one of the most affluent neighborhoods in the country, here's a few methods I can share to give you the best chance of playing there. 1) Most private clubs are closed on Mondays. A select few clubs stay entirely closed, even to their own membership. This gives the grounds crew an unhindered day to work on big maintenance tasks. A far more common practice of private clubs is, hosting non-member fundraising events on Mondays. It's a huge revenue driver for the club. Find out if this club of yours hosts any Monday charity. These days charity tournaments always have open spots. These events arent run by the club, so ask for the tournament director. Then find the charity selling spots for the least amount. 2) Have your pro call their pro. So long as you have a good relationship with the pro at the public course you normally play... If you dont, start building one. Whether working at a public course or a private club, you'd be hard-pressed to find a Head Pro or Directory of Golf that isn't a Class A PGA Professional. And any self-respecting Class A pro abides by an understood code of conduct. One of the precepts is to offer reciprocity by hosting players by way of reaching out with a special request. This may come with a guest fee, or just paying a cart fee or may be a full comp. 3) Reach out to the Membership Director under the pretense that you are a considering membership at their club as well as the others in the area. You'd like to set an appointment to take a tour of the club, which of course should include playing the course, to make sure it meets your needs, as a potential dues paying member. While this option may test the morals and/or values of some, here's some advice to put your mind at ease. So what if your current financial position can't afford you the means to join, who's to say that won't change down the road? Take the tour, play the round. One day you will be a member there, even if it's not the next day... I'll also say, don't abuse the process. Clubs talk amongst themselves, you don't want to be "blacklisted". Hope this helps! 
    • I don't think he can use pace of play as an argument. I bet Knox spent a few minutes surveying his shot.
    • In my bag I have some used, usable, but wouldn't use in a tournament, balls that I use when I practice chipping.  They're ones that have survived 36-54 holes of real play.  When I practice putting outdoors, at a course, I putt with the same type I use, but I use new ones (I'm not sure why I do this -- should I?).    Indoors, I don't have much in the way of the balls I use.  My indoor practice is with Bridgestone e6, whether it's full swing motion (off a mat, into a net) or putting (across a ruler).  I bought a ton of e6s in 2009 or so.
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. Cy McCaffrey
      Cy McCaffrey
      (38 years old)
    2. MPD
      MPD
      (63 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...