iacas

Are you a Better Golfer than a Year Ago?

Improvement in Your Golf Game  

558 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a better golfer than you were one year ago? Are your scores and/or handicap index lower?

2. 2. One year from now, do you think you will be a better golfer (lower scores and/or handicap index) than you are now?

439 posts / 86184 viewsLast Reply

12 minutes ago, MOODY said:

DM, yes I have thought of posting my swing but I am too embarrassed at this point to do so.

What I am thinking of doing is make a video of me now since it would give a good laugh and hopefully one after I improve.  If I don't improve then it won't matter as I will be using all of my spare time to start fishing again and forget that I ever played this game.

Moody, it sounds like you really want to continue golfing. But you want to play at a level that makes you feel better about your game. Of course, we never get to where we want to be, but we can get to a level we accept.  Even though we would like to go beyond that.  Your swing notwithstanding I would read some things about the moment of impact. The ball does not know what your swing looks like.

Edited by Double Mocha Man

7 hours ago, MOODY said:

DM, yes I have thought of posting my swing but I am too embarrassed at this point to do so.

What I am thinking of doing is make a video of me now since it would give a good laugh and hopefully one after I improve.  If I don't improve then it won't matter as I will be using all of my spare time to start fishing again and forget that I ever played this game.

MOODY, I do not know which part of this is dark humor or what.  But seriously, post your swing if you have any desire to improve.  There are guys here who know more about improving in this game than just about anyone you will meet on your own.  Quality golf lessons are a fortune, but these guys give help for free.  You are in the right place to improve.  Enjoy the ride.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most definitely I have improved over the past year, by maybe 10 strokes and 5 fewer balls lost.  I don't know how many years I can continue to swing like this, but for now it feels great.

Edited by Cantankerish

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

19 hours ago, MOODY said:

Post it. It’s not embarrassing. So many of us have had trouble and got help here.

20 hours ago, MOODY said:

Like others have said, post. It's not embarrassing. You've seemingly been getting some bad advice from an instructor, as nobody should really get worse or at least worst AND confused as to why they're worse.

And, if you're more fatalistic, you've got nothing to lose.

I will and try to get some swing video this weekend.  My daughter is letting me use her fancy phone stand and I will be able to get behind the line and face on.  I will even put my Zepp on and give you the data from it for that swing.  That is weather permitting, right now in Central Texas with weather can be iffy with rain and thunderstorms.  That, and it is getting hotter than Hades already.

The answer to both of these questions for me is still yes. Last year I was a 14.7 or something, right now I'm a 12.0. I continue to put in work towards improvement so I don't see that downward trend from year to year ending anytime soon.

Both questions are a yes. Unfortunately, I only got out once last year but this year has been much better. Even without golfing a lot in the last few years, my game is still probably the most consistent it has ever been. Spent a lot of time working on my swing during quarantine and I am hoping to be down around a 10 handicap by the end of the year. Currently sitting around 13-14 handicap