• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2019 TST Partners

PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    • At what point do you want to mess around with your launch conditions with your driver? Also, if I'm hitting downwind with a roughly 10+ mph wind, I try to hit it higher with my driver. My thought is that the wind is going to knock the ball down, so I want to get it higher to keep it in the air longer and get as much benefit from the wind as possible. Should I be doing that, or is it not really going to make much difference?
    • When I was a kid I played with "action figures".  My dad used to drink "lite beer". Lite beer was a brilliant marketing term designed to get football-watching, backyard-grilling, beerbelly dads to buy diet beer. It worked and has continued to work exceptionally well.  Action figures, let's face it, are dolls for boys without the word "doll".  It's the same thing with a different name. The blue, white, and red tees are what they appear to be, not what the name tells you.  Play the tees that challenge you to get on the green in 1, 2, 3 strokes and let you use a wide variety of clubs in your bag so that you have maximum fun.  You are paying to play there.
    • There aren't any rules on which tee box you have to play. If you're going to enter the score for your handicap, you want to play a tee box that is rated. Sometimes, the most forward tees aren't rated for men. This thread is exactly why courses shouldn't use the blue/white/red system of tee markers. You should be playing whatever tees make the game the most fun for you - color or distance be damned. So many people just default to blue tees or white tees even when other tees would be more appropriate. For example, at my home course, most people should be playing the white tees. It's a fairly difficult course, and if you can't drive it well, the blue tees are tough. But every guy under the age of 50 plays from the blue tees, shoots 110+, and takes forever. I hate that the tee color pushes people do this. Personally, I look at the course rating and slope when I decide which tee box to play. My Goldilocks zone is having the course rating right around par, with the slope between 120 and 135ish. I'd prefer to be lower than those numbers than higher. Especially if it's my first time playing a course. I don't need to beat my brains out. I play golf for fun, after all.
    • There’s no such thing as “senior” tees except by tradition at most courses.
    • I thought golf should be played by course distance and not tee box color/age. And there are ways to calculate that, such as drive x 28 or avg. 5i x36 - then find the tee box that has the yardage closest to that number. To me, golf should be fun and somewhat challenging but I don’t want to struggle at all. I also find it a very humbling game and I have to leave my ego at home or it will smack me in the face... Some courses have hybrid tees (between forward and standard) for the inbetween players.  
  • Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. billymo2
      billymo2
      (27 years old)
    2. bostonboy9416
      bostonboy9416
      (19 years old)
    3. kpaulhus
      kpaulhus
      (32 years old)
    4. StuBo84
      StuBo84
      (35 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...