IGNORED

2016 Mets World Championship Thread

Groucho Valentine
Note: This thread is 2743 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just now, Groucho Valentine said:

Only a person of low character curses on the PA. There are children there for christs sake. 

Hater. I know it's hard, but deal with it.

Bill M

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

He's just the type of slime philly fans love. He probably sets cats on fire, too. 

33 HR's and 113 RBI vs the Mutts. And then there was this in 2007, the game that sent the Mutts into a choking tailspin. Chase Utley against Billy Wagner? Mismatch. GGGAAAGGG!!!

Bill M

33 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

Phan52 clearly displays the well known fact that the best moments in the lives of Phillies fans are the failures of superior franchises. 

Superior franchise? The Mutts? I laughed. Out loud. At least the league hasn't threatened to take control of the Phillies from their owner any time lately like they did with that scumbag Wilpon.

Bill M

This is a lot of fun to watch. On one hand, you have the losingest (word I just made up) franchise in ... the history of sports? On the other hand, a team that's been a complete laughingstock for nearly their entire existence. 

I think I have to give the ignominious crown to the Phillies. Founded in 1883 and they only have two World Series. Yowzers. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

20 minutes ago, jamo said:

This is a lot of fun to watch. On one hand, you have the losingest (word I just made up) franchise in ... the history of sports? On the other hand, a team that's been a complete laughingstock for nearly their entire existence. 

I think I have to give the ignominious crown to the Phillies. Founded in 1883 and they only have two World Series. Yowzers. 

But I am not the delusional one. I am well aware of the failings of the Phillies. But in the most recent period when they were both good the Phillies bitch smacked the Mutts, particularly Chase Utley. They actually call the right field fence in Citi Field Utley's Corner, and the name given by the Mutts' own announcers. 

I wish I could show you the classic Conan O'Brien video where the Phillie Phanatic bangs Mrs. Met but it got taken down because of copyright infringement. 

Edited by phan52

Bill M

5 hours ago, Groucho Valentine said:

He's just the type of slime philly fans love. He probably sets cats on fire, too. 

Yup.  Philly fans love the type of slime that plays hard every play of every game no matter what the score or the team's record...The type of slime who is wiling to step into a pitch or lay down a sac bunt to help the team win and has the most beautiful short and compact swing designed to hit line drives in the gap instead of swinging for the fences all the time (unless Mets pitchers decide to serve up the homers to him of course).  He does all this without complaining, talking trash, flipping bats, arguing with umpires, and general hot dogging that Mets fans love to see from their current and former players like Cespedes and Reyes.  Utley sounds exactly like type of slime that Philly fans love.

What's in the bag:
Taylormade R15 
Callaway X2Hot pro 3W
Callaway X2Hot pro 20* hybrid
Mizuno JPX900 Tour 4-PW
Cleveland RTX 2.0 50,54, and 58 degree wedges
Taylormade White Smoke putter

On 5/25/2016 at 2:42 PM, David in FL said:

That's baseball, right?

The sport for those that need something to watch to get them through until football season...

:-D

Football? Is that  the game where every 40 seconds of clock time there's a 6 second play run? The sport with less regular season games on the schedule than a hockey preseason? 

Football? Is that the sport where there's no contact allowed between the sidelines, the sport that frowns upon celebration of a score. The sport with 32 franchises but only 17 professional QB' s on the continent?

8 hours ago, PhxHacker said:

Football? Is that  the game where every 40 seconds of clock time there's a 6 second play run? The sport with less regular season games on the schedule than a hockey preseason? 

Football? Is that the sport where there's no contact allowed between the sidelines, the sport that frowns upon celebration of a score. The sport with 32 franchises but only 17 professional QB' s on the continent?

I'm getting the sense you don't like football...

Joe Paradiso

I just find it incredibly amusing to watch fans of the second and fourth place teams bashing one another. :banana:

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

2 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

I just find it incredibly amusing to watch fans of the second and fourth place teams bashing one another. :banana:

Only a matter of time before Papelbon does his magic again and fractures the Nats.

Bill M

4 hours ago, phan52 said:

Only a matter of time before Papelbon does his magic again and fractures the Nats.

It'll be an interesting year, for sure.  Pap hasn't quite been lights out, but he hasn't blown a lot of saves either. I just hope that everyone on the team besides Daniel Murphy starts hitting closer to their long term averages.  Oh, have I thanked the Met's yet today?

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

10 hours ago, newtogolf said:

I'm getting the sense you don't like football...

No I like it, it's that sport I watch that a barely gets me through to opening day of baseball

8 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

Obviously you're not a Mets fan. We reside between 2nd and 4th annually 

This is one of the funniest threads I've read in a while.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

7 hours ago, phan52 said:

In all fairness to Papelbon.  If I had to play with that whiny little baby Bryce Harper then I would want to choke him out in the dugout too

What's in the bag:
Taylormade R15 
Callaway X2Hot pro 3W
Callaway X2Hot pro 20* hybrid
Mizuno JPX900 Tour 4-PW
Cleveland RTX 2.0 50,54, and 58 degree wedges
Taylormade White Smoke putter

Note: This thread is 2743 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!