IGNORED

2016 Mets World Championship Thread

Groucho Valentine
Note: This thread is 2718 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

That's baseball, right?

The sport for those that need something to watch to get them through until football season...

:-D

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, David in FL said:

That's baseball, right?

The sport for those that need something to watch to get them through until football season...

Exactly, it's also great for napping to.  

• Upvote 1

Joe Paradiso

1 hour ago, David in FL said:

That's baseball, right?

Thumbs down!

20 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

Exactly, it's also great for napping to.  

Double thumbs down! :mad:

(Can you read that guys lips?  Lots of "bleeps" I think)

the mets played good, evened up the season with the nats, congrats.  Its a long season.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

7 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Thumbs down!

Double thumbs down! :mad:

(Can you read that guys lips?  Lots of "bleeps" I think)

I take it you're a big baseball fan?  Just a guess :whistle:

Joe Paradiso

I just feel like I should note that as members of a golf forum, none of us should really be able to accuse other sports of being slow, boring, or nap-inducing. ;-)

(That said, baseball makes for great background TV. :whistle:)

• Upvote 1

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

On 5/24/2016 at 10:30 AM, Groucho Valentine said:

Leave your thoughts and comments on the Mets glorious world championship season here. 

This is a bold statement considering all roads to the series look to go through the Cubs right now.  They have a lot of young superstars with power, speed, and absolutely dominant pitching.  Can't forget about how good the Giants and the Nats are playing this year too--though i would much rather see the Mets win the east over the Nats and that cry baby Bryce Harper.

On 5/24/2016 at 10:49 AM, Groucho Valentine said:

Im really surprised by Philly's play. I had them as one of the worst teams in the show before the season started. Nice little staff they have down there. 

As a die hard philly fan i couldn't have said it better myself.  Nobody saw this start coming from the phils. The young starters have come to play and the bullpen has been rock solid in all of these close games that they are winning.

On 5/24/2016 at 10:54 AM, Groucho Valentine said:

I think Philly, Colorado and Houston have been the biggest surprises so far this season. Although Houston for bad reasons..what the hell happened to them? 

Colorado is cooling off fast and don't forget about Seattle.  They are crushing the ball this year

What's in the bag:
Taylormade R15 
Callaway X2Hot pro 3W
Callaway X2Hot pro 20* hybrid
Mizuno JPX900 Tour 4-PW
Cleveland RTX 2.0 50,54, and 58 degree wedges
Taylormade White Smoke putter

11 hours ago, InTheRough said:

This is a bold statement considering all roads to the series look to go through the Cubs right now.  They have a lot of young superstars with power, speed, and absolutely dominant pitching.  Can't forget about how good the Giants and the Nats are playing this year too--though i would much rather see the Mets win the east over the Nats and that cry baby Bryce Harper.

As a die hard philly fan i couldn't have said it better myself.  Nobody saw this start coming from the phils. The young starters have come to play and the bullpen has been rock solid in all of these close games that they are winning.

Colorado is cooling off fast and don't forget about Seattle.  They are crushing the ball this year

We're talking about the Cubs, here. If the mets road to the championship takes them through wrigley then the gods smile on us. The Giants have been steamrolling lately. 

The Nats are going to collapse. Its inevitable. I cant blame them, that Queens heat is too powerful. 

Im not surprised Colorado has slowed down, but they looks like they can end up playing .500 ball. Much better than what i thought they'd be. All of the NL east teams besides ATL might win 70 games. That would be something. 

This kind of makes me laugh. I heard the Cleveland Indians GM interviewed on radio before a series with KC. Turns out he's a big friend of the Royals GM. He said the Royals Gm told him that his players were joking with him about how full of themselves the NY media was. They would ask the Royals players "Have you ever seen a pitching staff like the Mets?" The Royals players would answer, "Yes! Every time we play the Indians, Tigers, White Sox, or Twins! We're used to seeing good pitching!"

8 hours ago, Buckeyebowman said:

This kind of makes me laugh. I heard the Cleveland Indians GM interviewed on radio before a series with KC. Turns out he's a big friend of the Royals GM. He said the Royals Gm told him that his players were joking with him about how full of themselves the NY media was. They would ask the Royals players "Have you ever seen a pitching staff like the Mets?" The Royals players would answer, "Yes! Every time we play the Indians, Tigers, White Sox, or Twins! We're used to seeing good pitching!"

And its obviously not just the media!

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Mets blew the weekend trying to exact revenge on Chase Utley.  They had to know any pitches close to Utley were going to be seen as retaliation and result in ejection.  You want to throw at a guy do it when a scrub is pitching, not your number 1 or at least wait until he's about to get pulled for a relief pitcher, not in the 3rd inning.  Utley got the last laugh hitting two home runs that game, including a grand slam.  

It's frustrating to be a Mets fan and watch them make the same stupid mistakes year after year.  

Joe Paradiso

I was at the game last night and we walked around the entire time to see the game from different vantage points.  Though I'm a passive Mets fan, I was excited to go to the game more to see Kershaw.  And I must say, watching him pitch from centerfield was incredible.  He didn't have his best curveball, but the slider really kept the Mets guessing and made many of them look silly at the plate.

1 hour ago, newtogolf said:

Mets blew the weekend trying to exact revenge on Chase Utley.  

I agree...there was too much focus by both the fans (and I'm assuming the Mets players) to get revenge on Utley.  IMO it took players' and fans' attention away from the game and from focusing more on figuring out how to hit Kershaw.

They should have took 2 of 3 from the Dodgers over the weekend. But Harvey was great last night. 

9 minutes ago, phan52 said:

Chase Utley owns the Mets. Always has.

He's nothing but a ruined mutt bitch. 

11 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

They should have took 2 of 3 from the Dodgers over the weekend. But Harvey was great last night. 

He's nothing but a ruined mutt bitch. 

LOL!! Bitch indeed!

Bill M

13 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

The highlight of his hack career. 

And in addition, "Utley's Corner" is the area in right field at Citi Field where Utley went yard several times, dismantling the Mets in the first Phillies series at Citi Field and, to add insult, the Mets' own announcers dubbed it "Utley's Corner".

Edited by phan52

Bill M

3 minutes ago, phan52 said:

And in addition, "Utley's Corner" is the area in right field at Citi Field where Utley went yard several times, dismantling the Mets in the first Phillies series at Citi Field and, to add insult, the Mets' own announcers dubbed it "Utley's Corner".

Only a person of low character curses on the PA. There are children there for christs sake. 

Note: This thread is 2718 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!